Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Heroics as a dps are actually very easy.. it's mostly the healer and tank that determine whether or not a group is going to horribly fail an encounter. Everyone has their role and their specific duty, but it's hardest to pull off these roles as a healer or tank. (In my opinion, after playing all three.)
    This. It may take an attempt or two to figure out all the mechanics, but once you got em down, it's simple from a dps perspective. As long as you're not spending the fight staring at recount, or have a horribly cluttered UI that doesn't let you see your surroundings, you're good to go.

I'm personally a tank and go with a healer. With good dpsers dungeons go smooth, sometimes wipeless but when I meet those DPS-ers in LFG that don't know what kiting is, have never heard of hitcap, reforging or like to pull 3-4k dps I just know that either there's going to be loads of wipes or 1 instance is going to take 3 hours to do.

I usually try and get involved with tactics, advices etc. but right now I feel it's the DPS that make/break the instance. Groups with little CC and bad dps or that can't avoid fires are dreadfull.

Heroics are easy with people that can carry their own weight and a chore when you have to carry people through them.

Quote Originally Posted by Echohunter View Post
    Heroics as a dps are actually very easy.. it's mostly the healer and tank that determine whether or not a group is going to horribly fail an encounter.
    It really IS easy to do everything right if most of your mistakes look like other peoples mistakes. Its like 30:70, 30% of dps fail looks like tank mistakes, 70 results in the healer having a much harder time and a higher chance to fail.

Most DPS can only use their abilities if i tell them to, liker sheep, once every two minutes. Before they start learning that interrupts can be used without any order from tanks, 4.1 will hit and they can start degenerating to their retard-wotlk-form.(AOE ololololol look at my gearskorz).
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment

Artefacts:
    • In ordner to better fit the current post-truth zeitgeist, we are going to rename alle occurences of "artefact" into "artebelieve".

No. They're rather easy. Most of the strategies are very simple, so once it's understood execution leaves a large amount of room for error. That said they're also very good. They now teach you the basics of how to be a good player, which is much more than can be said of dungeons in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    The funny thing is though, none of this dependent upon dps. As long as the tank positions Altairus correctly for each turn of winds, all dps has to do is stay behind boss and watch their aggro (since you're doing dmg at 200% speed and tank is doing dmg at 100% reduced speed), and avoiding funnels is a challenge but not as hard a job as the tank or the healer, who if is knocked about ONCE it will probably result in a wipe. That's just not fair

Edit: I've yet to see a fight that's crucially dependent upon dps BESIDES burning down boss and adds. Too many fight are dependent upon healer/tank perfection, and I think dps do need more of a challenge. I wouldn't expect any of them to find them hard.
    And yet I can't get them to interrupt. See that's what has made things harder than they need to be, DPS thinks all the have to do is burn. CC without a mark during a fight, or interrupt, or DPS the right adds etc is not their job
    Last edited by davesurfer; 2010-12-20 at 02:22 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there easy as shit problem is healers run out of mana alot even when the dps isnt taking extra damage

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calliemari View Post
    When it comes to adds (3rd boss of blackrock caverns, Coroborus, Setesh) I'll give dps credit there. Even in a guild run of Stonecore, the adds on Corborus were just too overwhelming for the dps to control. Class options are really important for Stonecore because in every Corborus video on youtube each dps has a pretty good AoE for adds. In our run we had a couple of hunters, but I don't think Multi shot is spammable is it?

Edit: atrocious spelling
    Had one hunter in the group on HC Stonecore, just two multishots killed the crystal shards, they only have 7.5k HP after the nerf, alternatively use a Frost DK with HB, I notice mages and locks struggle on Corborus because they OOM fast due to their AOEs costing 12k mana? The fight definitely not in their favor.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    there easy as shit problem is healers run out of mana alot even when the dps isnt taking extra damage
    There is more than standing in fire. If they don't CC or interrupt, or are too slow no mana issues

Deleted
    they are challenging, I've only had 1 failed run so far where we didn't finish but i've run loads of heroics both pug and guild run and after a few wipes we cleared them. Makes life easier being a mage and knowing you've always got a CC with you :P

I enjoy the challenge, its hard to get right at first if your not sure who is doing what but once you clear somewhere it feels good.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really. But I've been raiding a long time.. Guess if you put them into terms compared to BC/LK heroics, their just as challenging if not a tad more than BC just from the amount of damage going around that we have to try and avoid.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    Which is a lot like saying "They're easy except they're hard."

Deleted
    i like being asked to use my abilites, im getting more joy from playing my mage, i feel involved with the tansk as my xsheeps are vital, and using my abiliies like nova ans ring of frost to help control mobs makes me happy

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Heroics are not that hard per se, it's the people that uses the LFG tool that usually is the problem. Many can't accept that they have to learn the tacts before they enter or while they are inside, and many choose to ignore those who are actually trying to explain them. Also a lot of players have that annoying habit of leaving the group after one or two wipes.

Heroics as dps are easy, same as everything else for dps.

1) Stand in everything
    2) When it kills you blame the healer ^_^
    3) Post meters if anyone says stupid stuff about "standing in the fire" or whatever, that's just nerd-talk for how jealous they are.

They are reasonably challenging, not much room for error on certain bosses. Although I reckon I have it worse because I use the random dungeon finder rather than grouping with guildies.

Easy once you know the fights, hard because if you mess up you're dead, and possibly your whole party with you.

Quote Originally Posted by davesurfer View Post
    And yet I can't get them to interrupt. See that's what has made things harder than they need to be, DPS thinks all the have to do is burn. CC without a mark during a fight, or interrupt, or DPS the right adds etc is not their job
    ...and yet, from my perspective as a mage, I see just as much trifling stupidity from tanks who apparently learned how to "tank" by rolling their faces across their AoE threat buttons in WotLK. I see tanks who don't know what the hell a sheep pull is. I regularly see tanks (generally DKs) who can't understand the concept of moving the pack away from the CC'd mobs, and then start hollering at people for not CCing right. I see tanks who've bemoaned a lack of CC due to the group makeup in H VP, when there was a shadow priest in the group (tip: MC trivializes large portions of that instance). I see tanks who don't understand that you need to kite the trash out of the void zones in H HoO and then start screaming, rather hysterically I might add, for people to "interrupt the heals goddammit" (true story). And like every genuine baddie as opposed to someone who truly didn't know from a lack of experience, when they get this ish explained to them their massive egos start making them rage like Cartman on a coke binge. "Whateva, whateva, I do what I want!" "stfu mage wat do u kno". Etc., ad nauseum.

Newsflash, there are people who are bad at this game in every role. This is not a role vs. role issue. This is a l2p issue, and there are people of every role including tanks, DPS, and heals who are needing to l2p again, or to do so in the first place if they started in Wrath. The only reason you see more DPS herpin their derp like yeah is because it's a simple numbers game, there are three DPS in a group to one tank and one heals. Note that for all the fail I've listed above, I'm not going around saying tanks are all retards. Most tanks are adjusting to the new paradigm and doing just fine, just as most DPS and most healers. Tank arrogance needs to DIAF, tbh. This isn't WotLK where you and the heals can solo a "heroic". We are back to the vanilla/BC days of teamwork, everyone in the group needing to communicate and work together to succeed, so this kind of tanks vs. dps vs. healer ridiculousness needs to stop because it's counterproductive. There are good people and there are mouth breathers in every segment of the WoW population.

For dps heriocs are not hard for these reason
    1. for somethin to be hard it has to be something challengin
    2. clicking 5 buttons(or watever amount) isnt challenging
    3. ^that statement wasnt about just clicking it was about always being able to click becuase we rarely go oom
    4. For dps to be hard that means it must be hard to keep a certian dps going
    5. we can keep the same dps going throught a fight hence dps isnt hard
    Now wat ur probably asking is if we see it as tedious as healers see it
    Not really we hate the ques but if tank holds and we cc right things it should be fairly easy
    Boss fights might be hard the first few time but nothing a little practice wont help

The overall experience you get is from having good or bad tank and healer.
    If the dps can't cc the above needs to work harder.
    If the dps can't dps the aboive needs to work even harder.

At the end of the day, it's all up to the tank and the healer (mostly). Specially healing now, I do understand why so few wants to heal anymore or tank.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah they are hard like BC was... no one waled into heroics back then and face palmed them like wrath... i think wrath was crap though since it let so many slack and now most people you pug with are just bad

I like them how they are now, nice and challenging