Thread: Lucky stories!

300 rivendares. no mount
    3 anzus. mount
    oracle egg. finally got green proto, then I bought a new egg just to sell the pet on the AH for a few gold, and switch to frenzyheart.
    got another green proto from it

Quote Originally Posted by petsoul View Post
    Ps. i got a total off 120 mounts, Does anyone have more then that? Just curious
    I got 127. but no TCG mounts, no naxx, sarth, ulduar or togc, and only one of the frostwyrms
    Last edited by Kalx; 2011-01-28 at 01:19 PM.

Deleted
    First time I went to tempest keep the al'ar mount dropped and I rolled 99 which made me win it.
    Then a few days later I got the tiger mount from ZG and a few days after that I got the grand black war mammoth

Farmed Ravenlord with a druid buddy for a couple months, never got it. Took a break from WoW for about a year. When I came back, I decided to try again for the Ravenlord, since it did not require a druid buddy. Got him on my 4th try.

You can't shake the Devil's hand and say you're only kidding.

Deleted
    Dropped Brewfest kodo and ram from the same barrel, dropped 4 times Oculus drake (3 times on my main and 1 on my alt).
    Other side: fished billions of times in Northrend pools and never got the turtle and never won a freaking roll for OS3d black drake (a guildmate gave it to me since he didn't care about it). What goes around....

I'm just lucky

Deathcharger in 4 runs
    Z'g raptor in 1 run
    White chocobo ~30 runs (gave first away to friend after winning roll)
    Anzu ~90 runs
    3 different grand black war mammoths over the course of wotlk (gave third away, go figure)
    Onyxia mount the other week for my cata main (server crashed about 12 sec after I looted it and we were all 4 in Stormwind LOL)
    got like 4 kodos, and 3 brewfest rams so far, I sold 2 kodos and gave one away
    Mounts I've never seen drop is Z'g tiger, Ashes, getting dark phoenix soonish as I hit exalted with guild tho
    Last edited by Haibara; 2011-01-28 at 01:32 PM. Reason: grammar

Farming the HHM mount back before they totally buffed the hell outta the drop rates.

Finally got it, was super stoked. I remember when it was odd to see another player with it, now they are everywhere. Pisses me off.

Also, Brewfest kodo dropped on my NE druid. Then lost all the cool factor when I switched to horde.

Quote Originally Posted by SoulForge View Post
    I got both the raven lord mount and the white hawkstrider both on the same day.....................YESTERDAY!
    Almost exactly the same thing. I think I got them a day apart or 2 days apart on my Warrior. It was awesome.

Deleted
    managed to bag the sea turtle out of luck
    Was doing the argent daily which sends you to grizzly hills to kiss frogs :s and saw a random school of fish in that pond..
    so cast once and nearly fell out my chair lol

Deleted
    Drake of North Wind:
    - Random Vortex Pinnacle with bunch of noskills
    - It was my first heroic run after achieving 329 ilvl on my warrior
    - Rolled 100 for drake after beating up 3rd boss

I really didn't realise then, that this mount is so rare. I thought it just drops from this boss on HC, later I was informed by a friend it's super rare. Lucky me

Deleted
    Flying over Storm Peaks to hand in a daily before i leave for the day bout a year back...bump into the time lost proto drake one of my guildies was rather annoyed as he'd been farming for the drake over the last month

Ran a few months for the Ravenlord, gave up.

Came back a few months later to help my fiancee's mom with an achieve, (both my fiancee and her mom were there) mount dropped, her mom passed for me as they both knew it was my absolute favorite mount in game, however my fiancee and i were having a little dispute at the time so she rolled need and won it XD

Handed it to me a few minutes later...however she definitely had me by the balls when it was in her inventory xD

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

My girlfriend and her best birthday ever!

Last year (2010) on October 21st my girlfriends 22nd birthday we decided to run tempest keep well i guess you all know the rest.... the mount dropped and her jaw dropped we both just sat there like OMFG REALY! she was so over the moon she and i are both avid mount collectors both having now over 150 mounts on our respective mains.

I got the ZG tiger and raptor at the same time on the LAST DAY available, last run, last lockout before the Patch that removed the ZG raid.
    But i guess i dont have any luck with any other rare mount (aka white hawkstrider, anzu, green proto, white polarbear, kara mount, etc (whyyyy))

^^

One day, was playing with my gf and saw that the Raven Lord no longer required a druid to summon. So, we decided to leg it to Sethekk and, on the very first kill, it dropped. I passed on it for her to have of course, and we were pretty damn excited. The next day, on reset, we went again... it dropped again. 2 days in a row, 2 mounts in a row. This time I got it! So after that we just rode around for hours annoying friends and guildies alike with shiny blue birdies. Then, since we were on a roll, we decided to go to AQ40 to get her the last tanks she needed. Before the first boss we both got Red Qiraji Battle Tanks. I'm not making this up.
    The NEXT day after that, we went back to Sethekk again, this time with my gf on an alt, myself on the usual toon (needed someone to take the hits at 80 :P) and, lo and behold, the raven lord dropped again. So now we both have red qiraji's, and raven lords, of which she has two!
    There were other things after that made the day awesome but they're not strictly 'mount' related.

hmm k

I was running MGT hc for exalted, pet, mount and Belf transformation thingy. First run got me the trransformation thingy, pet dropped too but my irl mate stole it :P, next runs were solo (I'm playing deathknight), on my 2 final runs, pet and mount dropped. Dunno if I was that lucky, I guess it took 20 runs or so.

Next one however was quite lucky, an irl mate (druid) said he was bored and offered to summon Anzu @ sethekk halls for me. My first time there as a deathknight, mount drops and he decides to pass on it :P

This one was probably just a couple of weeks ago, I was lvl84 on my deathknight and I queue with randoms for Vortex Pinnacle. Mount dropped from the dragon boss and I roll 98, my first time in that instance and I had no idea a mount could drop.

Also quite lucky but not related to mounts, I like to hunt for achievements, currently at 11000pts, so I was aiming for 25k gold looted, after clearing ZG, ZA, AQ20 I was 100gold short from the achievement, so I decided to do my first MC solo run, both bindings dropped .

However, I've been less lucky with rare drops @ other places, for example I did the mount bosses in ZG each reset since I hit lvl 80 on my deathknight (about 1 month after the release of Wotlk) with the exception of the final Wotlk mount (I quit playing while waiting for cataclysm) and I never saw either of the mounts drop. I've also done my fair share of Karazhan runs and also never seen the mount. I've also lost roll on Sartharion (both mounts) at least 10 times each, lost roll on Blue Protodrake 2 times, lost roll on ToC10 Insanity mount 5+ times, never seen headless horseman mount, lost roll on brewfest mounts 10+ times, never seen Baron mount drop (done maybe 50 runs on deathknight and 100+ on other characters).

But using Raven Lord and the Vortex Pinnacle drake I'm pretty satisfied for now

Farming for the Orb of the Sindorei in Heroic MgT:

Got the Whitehawkstrider drop, next day got a 2nd one... 3rd day got a THIRD mount. Screenshot for proof - one on the body, one in my bags marked "already known". I still don't have an Orb on that char.

http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/9...1210081556.jpg
    Last edited by Iralien; 2011-01-29 at 03:34 PM.

I'm usually horribly unlucky with rare mounts, but I do have the ZG raptor. I was running it with my boyfriend at the time--it was our 2nd run ever, and we'd done the tiger boss first with no drop. It was about 2 AM and I was exhausted, so my bf told me I should go to bed, but I was just like, BUT I WANT A DINOSAUR. Sure enough, the raptor dropped and I won the roll. :P We ran it a few times after that and never saw either one again. Perks of being a night-owl I guess.

me likes kara
    remembers when 10k dps means you were a god....now its par

I got the mount from Kara on my first solo attempt in there. I had raided the hell out of Kara in BC with my guild. We had only ever seen the mount once and the GM won it (not just cause he was the GM, we rolled and he won). I also won the Blue Proto from UP the first time I saw it, and I think I've only seen it twice. I haven't had that much luck with others. I've got the 100 mount achievement, but it took lots of tries to get them.

Got my White Hawkstrider in my first week of running HMT as well as the orb and phoenix
    Got both the Tiger and the raptor after farming for months in the lead up to Cata release
    Got Green Proto the week after it got the buff
    Been running Anzu ever since i dinged 80. It hurts seeing so many riding him now after the changes
    Been running Kara for over a year and never seen the mount drop
    Been running Stratholme for a while and still no mount

So some really good luck and some bad