Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 51 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    started soloing the tiger as soon as i learned how (thanks thekal, you taught me my class inadvertently) and would bring a friend for the raptor, since i got it early on. never saw the tiger. now i do attumen weekly, no luck yet.

finally got anzu after 68 documented runs, on a kill when i was floating between 1-2 fps.
    swift white hawkstrider graced me after the 14th run.
    deathcharger on my 19th run.
    tlpd by accident, aeonaxx still not even sighted despite have 12 days /camped

10+ Year Old Account
    My friend wants badly the Raven Lord. So I said what is this, a mount, a pet? She said a mount. So I asked where I could get it, she replied: Setthek Halls. And then she said she ran this over 100 times and haven't got it yet. First try, first time running that dungeon, I get the raven lord. lol
    Mists of Pandaria Beta Club

i5-3570k Overclocked@4.2GHz | nVidia GTX 550Ti | 12GB DDR3 | Asus P8Z77-V LX | Coolermaster 650W | Thermaltake Commander MS-I Snow Edition |

Deleted
    On my main char I have:

Reins of the Raven Lord - 35-40 Anzu kills, I adore that mount
    Swift Razzashi Raptor - Started farming ZG in early WotLK and luckily got raptor instead of that tiger (I'm Alliance). My favorite mount
    Deathcharger's Reins - This one was very lucky for me, 1st kill.

I lost rolls on:

Fiery Warhorse's Reins - Back on lvl 70 - Guild alt run for badges of justice, I was the only one on my main char. Person who got it quit WoW few months after. I'm farming it since I was able to solo Attumen, killed him numerous times by now.
    Swift White Hawkstrider - My good friend rolled higher number back in the day so I'm not really too sad about that... I'm only sad cuz I killed Kael more than 50 times with no drop (I'm alliance so this mount is kinda big deal for me)
    Ashes of Al'ar also dropped in my presence but my guild at that time decided to give it to our GM

I also rolled (and lost) on few WotLK and Cata heroic dungeon mount drops but never considered them any special nor I will ever farm those boring drakes with different colour.
    Last edited by mmoce2f1bb59dd; 2011-07-23 at 04:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Manzyde View Post
    You can get the Pink Love Rocket from the random dungeon bag?
    I think it means that you get 1 bag daily for downing a holiday boss, instead of how you could farm them multiple times in the past on each day hoping for the mounts to drop.

---------- Post added 2011-07-23 at 12:07 PM ----------

I am probably on here somewhere in the 50+ pages already... but I have a new one. Last weekend I was at Kmart buying household stuff and while waiting at the checkout I see wow cards, yay! I think I'll treat myself - not since the spectral tiger in drums of war have I bought wow cards... I don't play (the tcg game) but I hope for a neat loot card. The are like 20 packs there 2 different kinds - but honestly i don't know what comes from what in these cards anymore. So I buy 3 packs ($12) - kinda expensive if you ask me. I get home open up pack 1.. nothing, open pack 2 - my heart nearly stops - blazing hippogryph loot card! Then I look it up on ebay...
    Wow - so I went back to said kmart because I couldn't believe my luck, I bought like 10 packs after that (lol spent like $45 this time). Opened all of those and ended up with one more loot card - the pedistal one. back in the day I'd open boxes of these cards never getting anything more than the most common loot card. This really shocked me.
    Last edited by slime; 2011-07-23 at 04:08 PM.

My (shadow) priest has insane luck with mounts, I got Rivendare's charger on like 5th run, White Hawkstrider on 3rd, Karazhan fiery horse mount on 3rd kill too I think, as well as 100 roll on amani bear mount.
    My shaman has the tol'vir ahn'qiraj mount and blue proto drake only so far, when it comes to rare mounts tho. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    In Wrath, my friend would solo 45 min Baron for Deathcharger and one day he asked me to come along and heal him so it would go faster. I went, mount dropped. I rolled like a 97 and he rolled a 3 or something haha. It was my first kill of the 45 min run and at the time I didn't even know it was a rare mount, I thought it was like the new cot timer for the bronze drake which would drop everytime you made the timer. haha

Sold my account that had all my rares, bis gear and 11k achievements.

Started new account and don't do achievements or mount farming intentionally.

End of story.

Deleted
    Bought the nether-rocket xtreme for 150k gold off the AH. Never seen anyone else on the server with it.

Rag dropped Pureblood Fire Hawk last week and I won the roll with a 97. 50% of the server tells me everyday in which ways I fail in life. http://www.resurrected-sargeras.com/Images/firebird.jpg

Deleted
    Never got the ZG tiger mount, even after 1 year of nonestop farming that place, week after week after week. I swore i wanted a tiger, so i made a deal with myself. If i dont get that "#¤%ing tiger before they "removed" the ZG-raidinstance. I would buy the Spectral tiger...

Never got the ZG tiger...

Also... Back in Wrath. I was randomly fishing stuff in Wintergrasp for FF raidfood... Without any intension of fishing for the turtle and after 2-3 casts. Got the turtle. Silly surprises >.< My GF was so Jealous and mad at me, lol! Since she has been craving for that mount more then me :,< Luckily she fished it 3 days lattere.... What is it with chicks and mounts. I dont get it lmao.

Deleted
    In this week i have got; Swift White Hawkstrider, then the ZA Bear mount, Fiery Warhorse from Kara, and now The Raven Lord

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...achievement#81

I recently got the Flametalon of Alysrazor to drop for my guild. won the roll with a 79 Ive also gotten lucky with the call to arms bags and so far have gotten a green proto-drake and the white hawk strider. I also have the drake of the north wind and the swift brewfest ram

Well the first time I ran normal stone core when cata came out on my warrior the stone drake dropped and I won the roll :P Others would be the green proto drake, I have the swift zhevra from the old recruit a friend, I have both the brew fest mounts, and im currently trying to get the time-lost proto drake and the raven lord mount but they both elude me >_<

Got white hawkstrider first time I saw it drop in BC even though I said I hated the chocobo. Flaunted it to friend craving it. Ran old ZG with bear tank weekly for tiger and raptor (he'd get first raptor and I'd get first tiger) he got his raptor and immediately quit wow. Came back later and we started again with ZG and Kara. I got the first Kara horse and another raptor dropped. From there on I soloed tiger boss and on the last day before ZG got removed I got it. Won azure drake with a 100 and red battle tank with 100. Ran all the WotLK heroics to get the guild achieves done and doing UP got me the blue proto (never saw it drop ever in Wrath). My oracle egg hatched mid ICC run and upon opening it got the green proto - raid then proceeded to rag me for hacking/stealing (jokingly). Paid higher level guilds to run me to get harder mounts at the time (got Mim's Head and Amani War Bear - side note I could have gotten the bear myself but I was lazy and only ran ZA twice by myself with the second time making all the timers). Bought white rhino from AH, blue and red rocket for 100k for pair in trade chat (almost had a spectral tiger but lost out because I tried to lowball him). Paid people first Hallow's Eve for their summons and reserved the horse and got it that way. Got Brewfest Kodo and Ram second year by chain running alts' summons (I think we summoned like 30 a day through all our alts). Deathcharger was the 101st run I think. Haven't gotten any new rare mounts yet and I'm lazy again so I probably won't be trying for awhile - don't even try for Anzu because of laziness. However I am still up to 144 mounts http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...tistic#130:191

10+ Year Old Account
    Just recently got Flametalon of Alysrazor on my paladin. Someone rolled a 93 and I thought "Damn! Aw well might as well see what I get" and I rolled 96. I just put my T2 gear on and sit in Orgrimmar when I have nothing to do and people ask "What is that thing!", "Where did you get that!", "Sweet mount!" and so on. I also on my warlock got the old ZG mount, I was at my friends house and we were doing ZG when it dropped. I got on my knees and begged her to give it to me >_> Needless to say she did and now she doesn't play anymore and yet I still do so it wasn't wasted

Pit Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    I won both the Black Drake and the Twilight Drake from 3D Sarth in back-to-back raids. We were all in ICC gear so the encounter was trivial, but it still felt pretty good.

My very first time in Utgarde Pinnacle on my freshly-dinged level 80 Hunter, I won the Blue Proto-Drake. To this day it is the only time I've ever seen it drop.

Those are my only rare mount stories. My luck tends to be very bad when it comes to mounts.

In a related story, just this week I managed to tame Sambas, Madexx (black version), and Terrorpene all within an hour of each other... after camping them on and off for nearly 6 months.

Deleted
    Green Wind Strider ftw! Other than that I got the uldum battletank-mount & zul'aman battlebear from timed run. My gf is more a rare-oholic than I am.

My amazing roll rng on mimirons head & invincible

First ever run of H:MGT, and first ever run of actually trying to get a rare mount, Swift White Hawkstrider drops.

I was so excited for a few seconds, and then realized that Worgen look terrible on Hawkstriders

10+ Year Old Account
    When I won the Rivendare mount on my first run. :P