Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 74 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Farmed Raven Lord for a month with my then GF. First one dropped gave it to her. Farmed it for 3 more months almost daily dualboxing our toons to get mine. Spent 2 weeks in SP farming Time Lost at the beginning of Cata. Saw it dead when I logged in one day late. Got it week later by accident. Raid was starting late as a healer was doing OT at work. Went up to SP to wait, was gonna afk to make dinner when my significant other logged in and we started talking about something or other and it spawned right behind me. Still owe her for that one. Farmed for Aeonaxx for a bit, then one day after getting my eyepatch for transmog from Hurley in BRD I hearthed to Deepholm to log out. Figured I'd take a lap just in case, maybe farm some ore and there he was. Told my now ex-gf(still friends) she congratulated me, then cursed me to never find the sea turtle. Next day, got my Brewfest kodo, went fishing for feasts and got the turtle in a guppy pool. Farmed the seahorse for about a month on weekends to get one. Seemed to like to spawn right after the fishing derby. Never got the Razzashi raptor. Though on my last reset before old ZG was pulled I got the tiger.
    Last edited by TWBrien; 2011-12-24 at 09:32 PM.

Rivendare's charger has always looked amazing to me. My fiance knew I wasn't feeling well and took my main for a run through, and the FIRST time through the mount dropped. I lose most other rolls. I do have luck with the brewfest Kodo. I ended up with about 9 of them. I guess that's where my luck ends. Happy hunting!

Mine is hellish. Ever since I first did UBRS, I loved Gyth, his skin is amazing. Well people's dreams have come true, Gyth's skin is available in DS, First Ultraxion kill with the guild, it drops. I couldn't believe it, so I was asking if I could have the mount offering all of my DKP for it. And it becomes a raidroll, I was 1 position below the winner. He used it, says meh. And carries on, and to tease me he refused to make a ticket.

Nerd-rage-much.

This morning I log in on my palli to do my dailies and mount runs. At Magisters Terrace the chicken drops (26th run). Used my engineer's wormhole to go to Northrend (need to complete some wrath hc achivs for red proto) and decided on a whim that as the portal drops you out on Utgarde I'd also do the hc's there. Reins of the Blue Proto Drake dropped (6th run). So got 2 rare mounts in 2 hours.

Listening to some guild member cry about running one hundred something odd Stratholme runs and not having Rivendare's Deathcharger drop.
    Go in once for fun for the chance to have it drop so I could rub it in her face.
    It drops first run, get both the Rivendare's FoS and the Stratholme completion achievement at once.
    She hated me for a month.

Quote Originally Posted by wynnyelle View Post
    About a year ago, I was looking for somebody to do a mount run with in Zul'Gurub (back when I was a noob and couldn't solo it.) I got somebody who agreed to run it with me if I would also do Karazhan with him for the mount in there. We ran ZG and no mounts dropped (and sadly, they never did for me), so we went on to Karazhan, it being my first time in there. And, what do you know, the mount drops, and I win it. =D The other guy was furious, since he had apparently been running it for a while. I felt bad, so I did offer to run it with him whenever he wanted, but he never got back to me on that. Still, it is my ground mount of choice, and I am still very happy to have it, since I don't see many people on my server with it.

For a more recent one...I am currently working on the Salty title, and I was absolutely thrilled when I happened upon the Sea Turtle mount a few minutes ago. I didn't think that I would ever get it, since I heard that it's something like 1 in a couple thousand or something like that. I am very happy. =) Share your happiness with me! Tell me your stories!
    Your kara story... That happened to me with the Blue-Proto Drake. The guy doesn't even use it. :| Makes me sad.

posts #1 and #2 sound like jerks

#2 especially. guild rotating after taking full T5?

Deleted
    i was farming some azharas veils and suddenly my NPCscan poped up found Poseidus after like 10 mins of farming !!! was so damn happy bout it

Hello I'm 70 mage with:

- Aeonaxx mount
    - Time-Lost Proto Drake
    - Grey Camel
    - Baron mount from Stratholme
    - Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan
    - White Hawkstrider from MGT HC
    - Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls HC
    - Sea Turtle from fishing
    - Red Quiraj Battle Tank from AQ40

~leveled to 80 recently, but I still obtained all of those at level 70

Quote Originally Posted by Mastid View Post
    Hello I'm 70 mage with:

- Aeonaxx mount
    - Time-Lost Proto Drake
    - Grey Camel
    - Baron mount from Stratholme
    - Fiery Warhorse from Karazhan
    - White Hawkstrider from MGT HC
    - Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls HC
    - Sea Turtle from fishing
    - Red Quiraj Battle Tank from AQ40

~leveled to 80 recently, but I still obtained all of those at level 70
    How did you get into deepholm at level 70?

edit: also how did you kill the camel hoarder guy at level 70?! seen an 80 do it but not 70

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post

edit: also how did you kill the camel hoarder guy at level 70?! seen an 80 do it but not 70

You were able to trade them.
    So there are even level 40 chars with the camel hoarder title.
    And deepholm is easy - just let you port, then someone kills it while in group with you and you are fine.

No drop mount since over a year.
    Kael, Ony, Maly and kara every week. Lost the roll on the ragi mount 2 times. Lost the panther in zg 2 times after more than 120 runs.
    Whelp.

But camped all the spawn mounts succesfully. *cough*850hours*cough*
    Last edited by mmoc2d47959902; 2011-12-30 at 02:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MatteoG View Post

You can get summoned in and partied with a level 85, who killed those 2, and passed it to the level 70.

Deleted
    A friend of mine was farming Rivendare's Deathcharger 2 years ago. After almost a hundred runs he got bored. Then when he was levelling an alt, he asked me to rush stratholme for him with my main.

Guess what dropped on the final boss...

As I was on my main he let me have it.

Deleted
    Rolled a DK back when WOTLK came out. Got the one to 80 and thought meh whats with the ravens here in dalaran? Asked a friend of mine to help me get one, as he was a druid and got the mats for the ritual we headed out to get Anzu.

I realizied i couldnt enter the heroic dungeon, so we grinded me up in reputation for the lower city. When this was finaly done doing some quick runs, we entered heroic and he stealthed to the last boss killing it and opening the rear door.

We finally summoned Anzu and baM! First kill! Droped the mount! I was a very happy DK back in the days

Quote Originally Posted by Makarena View Post
    66 for me and counting ;(
    Got onyx mount yesterday, yay!
    Now I got all farm'able mounts except invincible, mimiron, heroic rag, flametalon of alysrazor, b-12, blazing drake, brewfest ram, big love rocket and crimson deathcharger (gonna get firelands meta one next week)
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Manito/simple
    Last edited by Makarena; 2012-01-05 at 11:45 AM.

Ran into Aeonaxx on my lvl 83 druid last week (who is now 85).

I was happy and sad at the same time because if I would relog my rogue to get it I probobly would not find it or someone would kill it, so I went on and got it on the druid. However I always use flight form anyway, might use it for AFK'ing in stormwind sometimes ^^

Also gotten the hawkstrider in MGT on 1st-3rd kill on all chars when I actually go for the belf illusion who is extremely reluctant to drop.

Deleted

Cool

zulian tiger - 5 kills on enh shaman, 1 kill on priest, 167 kills on warrior(no drop)

anzu - 1 kill at 80 on shaman while dual boxing my druid(for summon) and sham, farmed it a lot on other classes, had 5 drops overall, on average 20 kills per drop

tlpd - dk at lvl78, headed out to stormpeaks for further questing, literally 5seconds into the zone, saw tlpd, gg

white hawkstrider - got it 3 times on first solo kills on mage, rogue, and shaman

white bear from daily quest in stormpeaks - again, got it 3 times on my first daily on mage, druid, and rogue

baron mount - while getting a run through strat from my friend, mount dropped for my lvl55 paladin (pre drop nerf)

Got the old ZG Raptor on my 36th kill, Tiger on my 6th with the White Hawkstrider dropping later that month (thrid kill). Randomly decided to look for TLPD and found him five minutes later (my guildmates were not happy!). We then formed a 5man team to farm Al'ar and the VoA mount. Won the second mammoth (two dropped on the same run) and won Al'ar the first time it dropped as well. Lastly, a few days ago I had logged out while in Deepholm, watched a movie and logged back in after it was finished. I ended up standing in deepholm a little while after logging inn, while I was searching for a soundtrack from the movie, about 7 minutes later, Aeonax spawned.

I've been lucky to say the least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my Magic Rooster Egg.... I was happy to find one on my auction house and was the best 200k I ever spent. I want one on all my alts now!