Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 89 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Oh, Onyxia. How you torment me so.

Last instance mount I need from pre-cata (cata just raid mounts left). 38 kills on my mage atm, a few on paladin. No sign of it yet...

Worst part is, in cata I 2manned it with a friend since my squishy cloth face couldn't handle the incoming damage. MoP hits, we can both easily solo it, so we decide to part ways. First week, his Ony drops. As for me... still going strong. -_-

I've seen Ashes drop twice in quite few runs. First time the guy who won gave it to our GM, which left me quite pissed as I actually wanted it and was second highest roller... Second time it was decided that I should have it, but Master Looter hadn't been enabled, so... Yeah, the guy who won kept it for himself...

I've also seen Azure Drake from Maly, but wasn't lucky enough to get it.

Now, that old raids doesn't require a raid group, I'm soloing for mounts where I find I can. Currently I'm working on Maly and Kael after having been lucky in Kara, Onyxia and VoA. I have a feeling that the RNG Gods are slowly giving me the rare mounts and saving Ashes for last after an age of farming. But it'll be mine someday! =)

Hmm... I've got a few rareish instance mounts (White Hawkstrider, Anzu. Okay, that's it really), but I think my luckiest one was I decided to try solo 10-man Maly, just to see if I could. I think I wiped a couple of times, but got it down soon enough and... Azure Drake. Didn't even realise it still dropped from 10 man.

Which is awesome, because it's always been one of my favourite mounts.

Also won Grand Black War Mammoth off someone who rage-quit the faction a week later.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Hate me for the right reason!

Ancient Frostsaber
    Only Frostsaber in my book.

I managed to get the Stonecore, Vortex Pinnacle mounts on my first try, when I was leveling. I managed to get my Flametalon after about 4 kills of Alysrazor, I was extactic!.

I find it entertaining how many people get mounts in 1 to a few kills of a boss and consider themselves lucky.

To me, 1 to a few kills is a miracle, anything below 50 kills is lucky. I'm use to 100+ for a 1% drop rate mount. (325 in one case)

idk if it's considered "rare" much anymore since many got it through the daily quest in storm peaks but..I got the white polar bear a while back through the satchel of mysteries or w/e by tanking some 5-mans. I did that daily quest in storm peaks for weeks on end to never see that mount and sure as the world got it an expansion later while doing 5-mans and queuing from dalaran...connection? nah just luck =P

My 'rare mount' story isn't rare so much for the mounts as the -amounts- of them. 2-3 years back during brewfest, I had had the insane luck of getting -both- the kodo and the ram from the loot bags on not one but two characters on the same day. I pretty much went Oo!

Had an unreal streak of luck a couple of years ago. I decided to start farming Sethekk and Magister's Terrace for the Raven Lord and Hawkstrider. Raven Lord dropped on day 2, Hawkstrider dropped on day 3. All the happy!
    Last edited by Sugarpixie; 2013-03-26 at 08:18 AM.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I got the Stonecore drake when I did the instance first time on my shaman at lvl 83 (third character overall) then during 2011 Brewfest I got both mounts and the ram actually twice (if you can call those rare mounts).

Only one still on my wishlist is onyxian drake. Killed it countless times, but no..

Back in TBC, before I got into raiding, I was trying to get my Tier 0.5 set, mainly just to do the quests. As a mage with no raid gear, the level 60 instances were mostly not soloable, so the BoP pieces were still pretty difficult to get, as my schedule mostly didn't mesh with my guild's(hence why I wasn't into raiding at the time) so it was hard to get help. Eventually, I did hook up with this guy and his daughter who were farming Strat for Deathcharger, and they agreed to let me tag along as long as I agreed that the mount was theirs if it dropped. Since all I wanted was my pants, and since I already had a skeletal horse and limited bag space at the time(people already thought I was weird for carrying around 5 ground mounts), and also they didn't need my help to clear the place and I did need theirs, I readily agreed, and we proceeded to farm. It's been several years, but IIRC we downed the Baron 12 times before giving up on my pants. The epic sword dropped. So did the mount. I of course rolled.... pass. Because that was the agreement, and I'm not a ninja.

I did get my pants eventually. Got my whole set, got them upgraded. So when I bust out the Sorcerer's Regalia for transmog, mine don't say "Replica", even if I did it after it was relevant content.

Also eventually got the mount, just before Christmas last year.

Deleted
    During Wotlk I was farming mounts with a friend of mine. He got Raven Lord, both (now old) ZG mounts, kara mount, White hawkstrider and I got nothing. Wasn't too lucky there.

15+ Year Old Account
    Got the White Hawkstrider on my first Heroic Kael'thas kill. That's about as exciting as my mount stories have gotten.

I got Reins of Rivendare after something like 30 kills, but that one's pretty easy to farm.

I still don't have Reins of the Raven Lord after... I'm not sure how many kills. Probably 40-50 by now.

I just did my first Kael'thas solo kill yesterday. I usually can't be bothered to go all the way to Outland to farm mounts, but I might try for Ashes of Al'ar now that my Sunwell transmog set is getting there.

Got Mimirons Head on my guilds first AItD kill back in the day. Lucky me!
    musicakalife.tumblr.com (<- my blog for metal and rock music)

My biggest streak was getting the Fiery Warhorse from Karahzan, Raven Lord, Rivendare's Deathcharger and Aeonaxx in the space of about 2 weeks.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Really only have 2 mounts that might be considered rare. The Blazing Drake from 25m DS just out rolled everyone with a 100, nothing to see there. The best way I've come about a rare mount is my Baron Rivendare's Deathcharger. I went in to Stratholme on my paly at 80, went to the end, killed Rivendare and got the mount to drop, on my very first time in there on my paly. Everyone in my guild hated me for some time lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black Primal Raptor, on first Oondasta kill, out of the money bag via primal egg. Just a few days ago
    Grand Black War Mammoth, on my first Archavon kill in VOA way back in WotLK.

10+ Year Old Account
    i queued into occulus on my mage and wanted everyone in the group to leave and just unplug their internet

got a blue drake

i also got the blue proto-drake and raven lord from tank bags

i lost the roll for the mount off of deathwing by 3 and told the guy i was going to sell it to him anyway, because it had really freaky lips

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gandrake View Post
    i queued into occulus on my mage and wanted everyone in the group to leave and just unplug their internet
    Not a mount, but you reminded me of my first battered hilt...
    I've ran Halls of Reflection on my pally. As very common back then, I ended up in a group that failed miserably at the beginning. After the third wipe, I stood dead, and grabbed a drink before rezzing. When I got back, everyone was gone. I was alone. The loot whore I am, I went and looted the mob that was laying around. Bam, there it was. Battered Hilt. For me all alone.... hehe.