Thread: Lucky stories!

A mate and i used to duo Bloodlord Mandokir for the raptor for a while, but eventually ran out of interest in doing it. However recently i found out that brewmasters could also solo farm it, and 4 solo kills later i walked away with my Armored Razzashi Raptor - giving me 4/4 ZG mounts now

That and i have farmed and won ony drake / alar / midnight / barons mount / aq bug / flametalon and the list goes on.

Deleted
    The most relieving mount story was Onyxia for me. This week, after 255 runs (across 10 characters) it finally dropped. I'm happy that I never have to see this Boss ever again.

Patience paid off..

So last week I noticed a lot of people having good luck in this thread. Last night I nearly posted that I had a good feeling about next week for myself, but didn't want to jinx myself.

Today I headed out to TK for the millionth time, and ashes finally drops. And on my main, at that! Pretty stoked. Good luck guys.

so this one time i saw a player on ashes and i said cool mount then i flew away
    that's my story

So today I got my Fiery Warhorse. I'm feeling lucky. Onyxia and Blue Proto Drake next I guess.

Grunt
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by boobop View Post
    so this one time i saw a player on ashes and i said cool mount then i flew away
    that's my story
    Barney Stinson you play wow?

10+ Year Old Account
    i got timelost without farming it. i was just questing on my rogue and when flying back to K3 to hand in quests i saw it, i chased for about 5mins until it got near a mountain so i could attack it, i was level 78, had to open with throw so no openers, a long fight for me, but just as i killed it, i died aswell. most people hate me becuase i never had ti camp for it.
    dragonmaw - EU

Stood in the Fire eldritchforeshadow's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by fletchii View Post
    The most relieving mount story was Onyxia for me. This week, after 255 runs (across 10 characters) it finally dropped. I'm happy that I never have to see this Boss ever again.

Patience paid off..
    Congratulations to you! I am still working on Onyxia for months and you have given me hope to keep at it!

I acquired the Time Lost Proto Drake back in Wrath of the Lich King. I was picking herbs around 1 am in the Stormpeaks in Bor's Fall when I saw him flying not to far ahead in front of me. I did not have an addon like NPC scan back then so seeing him there gave me a shock. I flew straight into him, aggroed him to a cliff side, killed him, and looted him! The next day I told my guild-mates, who did not believe me, until I linked it in guild chat and some STILL did not believe me so they had to meet me in Dalaran and have me mount up lol. Their "ohhhh lucky" and "oooooooo, ahhhhhhh" will never be forgotten hehehe.
    Last edited by eldritchforeshadow; 2013-05-08 at 01:00 PM.

Deleted
    Last night in VOA my mammooth dropped..yeey!

Still doing LK 25m hc runs..got over 150 kills now :/ And i have yet to obtain him...ffs..

Flying over TLPD daily aswell , no luck there!

I did obtain flametalon 1-2 months ago. I told my friends i would go FL farm after i obtained invic reins, after my weekly kills i said fuck this ima do FL. So i made a group and payed the highest rolled 75k instead of the mount. 1st try , no drop..second try , no drop...3thy try no dropp..and 4th drop...IT WAS THERE=D=D

So yes , having more 90s is paying off

After hitting 80 on my DK in wotlk I gathered some blue gear from heroics and did ZG the following week and got Swift Zulian Tiger on my 1st ever run with my dk.

Got Blue Proto-Drake, Drake of the North Wind, and Vitreous Stone Drake all on my first run, and in the same day!

I recruited a friend.. and 2months later I got zhevbra, and then forgot all about it.. when they made mounts account wide, I finally was able to use it again.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a pretty funny story.

I have a friend who`s favourite mount is ashes of al ar(wich he have been farming for years and still no luck), one day while we were playing and talking on skype with another friend of mine, my other friend decided to do tempest keep just for the lols, it was his 3rd run and he got the mount, my friend who wanted it so badly did not belive when my other friend told him, and the second my friend who got the mount looted it he got the achiev wich my other friend saw. my friend who wanted it so badly threw his headset in rage from his computer, while we were laughing our dicks off we didn`t hear anything from him in a while, an hour later i decided to do karashan, and suprisingly i got the mount there, my friend yet again left no sound from him for a while. I regret that i didn`t record it.

No lie, this happened this morning. I do a weekly solo of Onyxia, Tempest Keep and Malygos for the mounts. This morning on a whim, I brought along my lock, Loosefur (Bloodhoof US) and got Ashes on his first run ever. Been doing it forever on a bunch of other toons. Anyway, about an hour later, I ran Onyxia and got the drake on my shaman Rubmytotems. Both within an hour! Best morning in a while! Too bad nothing dropped from Malygos this week, or it would have been the luck trifecta.

I opened my cracked egg, saw the green proto-drake, was like "cool" and learned it.

Deleted
    got heavenly onyx cloud serpent, didn't even had artisan flying everyone was hating

Did an MSV with a guildie today to fill in for this guild's raid since they were short.

Walked out with an Elegon mount :P

I got Ashes on my first ever Kael kill in cata (didn't raid much in bc and never went back in wrath) soloing.

I got Azure Drake on my DK from my 2nd solo Malygos kill in cata (don't know how many pugs I did in wrath but it was of course ninjad if it dropped back then). I then continued to do Maly to try get a Blue Drake and a Hailstorm. I saw Azure drop again early mists and destroyed it since I had and then shortly after got Blue Drake. Eventually I got the 17% drop rate sword after that... and then yesterday I helped a guildie kill Maly and Azure dropped again.

In early mists I started soloing Alysrazor to try get the mount. 10 kills later it dropped.

Mid wrath I leveled up my mage and did the daily to get the Polar Bear (never really bothered on my Shaman and DK) and got it after a few times. Late wrath I got the Green Proto from one of my mages first few eggs (had always been too lazy to do the quest chain and rarely did egg on my shaman) and then got 2 more Green Protos from CTA Satchels early-mid cata.

I got Raven Lord from a CTA Satchel very soon after the satchels were added. and then destroyed another I got from a CTA Satchel a couple weeks ago...

and finally the 1 that will probably make a lot of you hate me even more than the Ashes on my first ever kill... I got TLPD in early wrath on my shaman while flying to H HoS. Didn't have NPCscan at the time and barely even knew that the TLPD existed (sure as hell didn't know where it spawned). But it's not all good news. The H HoS group broke up shortly afterwards because I was the only 1 that was flying to the instance (oh but I'm told those were the good old days and LFG is so horrible). I think I bought epic flying shortly after that...

Deleted
    Back in the end of cataclysm just before MoP came out, I decided to level a druid up, because I had loves them form the beginning because of their shapeshift mechanics. The day I reached 85 on it, I bought a bit of gear on it, just some lowly crafted PvP gear.
    I thought I would go do a quick Setthek Halls run for the fun, since Anzu only was summonable by druids back in TBC. Once I reach it, and clear much easier than my other characters. And would you believe it, Raven Lord drops for my druid, on the first try.
    Later same evening, I thought it would be funny to go do Stratholme aswell, just because it would be so funny if I got Baron Rivendare's mount aswell. And would you believe it once against, it dropped for druid on the very first try. I was so excited, and my friend who sat beside me playing his own druid, was maaaaaaad. :P

Another story was the time I raided with some IRL friend in Dragon Soul. A few hours before the raid, one of our members went to solo The Eye. And of course Ashes of Al'ar dropped for him. He kept telling me about it, because he had finally gotten a mount more rare than mine. (I'm a mount collecter, a bad one at it). So he bugged me with all night long, even during raid times. But then when we killed Ultraxion, Experiement 12-B dropped, and our raidleader, was fair and raid rolled it for us. And I FUCKING won it. So I just said to my friend with Ashes, "So.... you wanna fight over who has the most rare mounts?" And he was like, nope nope nope nope.
    Best day of raiding ever!

Deleted
    18 kills later, and now I never have to set my foot in that raid again.

Picture's way too big, edited the img tags.

http://i.imgur.com/UnA4Vw4.jpg
    Last edited by mmoc0d50ae56f9; 2013-05-16 at 11:46 AM.