Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 85 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    We got nice rule for Mimirons head back in WOTLK. We took your attendance percentage + ROLL. Got it second in guild. Rolled 99 + attendance was like 90.

I then got 189 points. Our main tank that time had 98% attendance and rolled 90 so he got 188 points for Mimis head. So i won.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    A couple of weeks ago I was doing MSV with my new guild, we beat Elegon into submission and the mount drops, I win it. My first reaction? I started swearing to myself because I had to do dailies to be able to ride it. Just.. So.. Annoying.

It has been a lucky year for me so far, on january 10th I got Fiery Warhorse's Reins (3 to 7 kill per week), on february 4th I got Grand Black War Mammoth (10 kills per week), and last save I got Reins of the Azure Drake (2 kill per week). Now I'm just gonna keep farming Ashes of Al'ar and Reins of the Onyxian Drake and when I decide to be less lazy I will start with ZG tiger and both Stonecore and Vortex Pinaccle drakes.

PD. Only one more day of "Love is in the air" and no luck with the rocket. Furthermore, I have yet to see one drop for anyone in my group.

10+ Year Old Account
    I went to BMAH and punched in a really big number.

Deleted
    i was doing some stonecore runs to get the vitreous stonedrake and when i went outside to reset, aeonaxx was there!! was super happy that i managed to tag and kill him. still i dont have the vitreous stonedrake though >.<

Feldrake : bought one package of cards when it came out, got it.

Mottled drake : a friend bought me a package of wow cards as christmas present it was in there.

Azure drake : went there with a friend and it dropped, i won the roll

Raven lord and green proto : got them both on the same day

Thundering ruby cloud serpent : Had ALOT of luck with the shards, took me 3 days

Crimson deathcharger : helped a friend with shard runs, gave it to me as a thank you gift

Headless horseman : got it first bag, i got it 8 times that year, i had to remove it alot.

Brewfest kodo: got it on the last day 2 years ago, was happy!

Pureblood firehawk and lifebinders handmaiden : got them both when my guild farmed it every week..

Polar bear : LFD goodie bag

Blue drake : first time or so i did the oculus.

Armory for the unbelievers : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...imfrost/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 0 Rare mounts, so here's a better story..

It was bc and I had T5 armor, my bro was in full sunwell/black temple armor..we were pretty good players, anyways he put me to a challenge, he also knew I liked the talbuk. He said "Fastest one to win talbuk (me or my room-mate, long story)" would get in - game gold, a present IRl and some money IRl. SO I farmed so hard..did all the quests, got all the ogre-beads, killed all the ogre npcs's ...and finished in around 30-35 hours. ...Only to learn my brother just did that to make me work really hard to prove I can farm for long periods of time if I wanted a mount if I felt like it, since apparently both him and my roommate (they were in different rooms to make it a "secret" :P) were just in nagrand and were playing other games while tricking me to think they were farming hard. .
    Howay the lads!

Elegon Mount.
    2nd Kill in new 25 man guild. Wong it on raid Roll ^^

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange View Post
    Frostsaber.
    I hate you.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    I hate you.
    In the spirit of this being the achievement subforum:

www.wowhead.com/achievement=7945/

Smartassery aside, I have a few stories:

- Leveling a druid alt to trade Anzu runs with a friend each day. 3 months later, we both had the Raven Lord on our mains.

- Second time ever in Heroic Magister's Terrace on my current main (this was during Wrath), obtained the White Hawkstrider

- Trading runs with the same friend I ran Anzu for in ZG in order to obtain those mounts pre-Cata; we both ended up with the tiger, although at the time my friend got it on his alt (hooray for account wide mounts now, heh)

- Guild first Tribute to Insanity (10 man) run when ToGC was current content. Wolf mount went to the priest healer in our group, who proceeded to delete their entire account 2-3 weeks later due to significant RL issues. Would later complete the run 3-4 more times at least before the mount was removed, but never won the roll. :-/

- First Elegon kill I'm a part of, the mount there drops. I roll to a tie with a guy we had pugged for the group (since it was mostly alts and such), then lost the second roll. I've seen said person on that mount once. :-/

- Getting the polar bear mount a year after Wrath came out, having done the quest for it for 80% or more of that year span.

Deleted
    During the first day of Love is in the Air I farmed the bracelets planning to sell them (didn't work to well, made about 10k from that but still had a bunch left over). The last day of the event comes around and I still sit on about 400 of those things, decide to try and sell them and trade them in if it doesn't work. But of course, no one buys them and something in RL comes along which made me forget about WoW. One hour after the event ended, I get back to my PC and all the bracelets are gone. I was furious. Pretty mad I notice that I haven't run Kara on my monk yet this lockout, and you guessed it, the Fiery Warhorse dropped. I thought it was a pretty sweet deal until I mounted and noticed how ugly that thing is. Jesus Christ.

Deleted
    Still running Hc LK 25m. I am at apporx 91 kills atm, still no dropp yet T_T....

Deleted
    I got hands on a feldrake recently.Its not really my personal taste for a mount so I decided to sell it and i just throwed it at the AH.
    Turns out is the first (to the extent of my - and others - knowledge) feldrake that hits my server.

Its been 6 days so far.In that period I had:

1.Gold offers (ofc).Low offers with the most lame excuses.Well,I dont have the € for a Porsche thats why I dont go to Porsche stores.

2.Trade offers.All kind of goods usually by people who dont understand the value of things or just think its worth trying.

At this point everything normal and then....

3.Cybersex offers.As it sounds.A guy (100% sure) pretending to be a girl offered me 150k gold and "she" was gonna turn the camera on for an special session.I am curious what was his plan...

4.Death Threats.Ofc reported (we cant allow these kind here).The guy insisted that a hacker stole the mount from his account and put it in the AH.I answered I didnt believed a word of it but in any case he should open a ticket for an item restore.The guy said the GM said no (yeahhh...seems legit) and then....he went on a (otherwise funny) nerdrage about he was gonna enter my guild with another char,friend me and fool me until i gave him my phisycal address and then come to my house to kill me.Well...no comments.

5.The pity card.A guy with the lamest of the excuses "his bother was ill of cancer and it was a gift for him because right now WoW was the only thing that gave him some happynes".I am not a superstitious guy but i firmly believe theres something f****g wrong with your mind if you decide to play with these kind of stuff but well...each to their own.

After so many years it amaze me that this community still amaze me.Cant help it.
    Its been a funny busy week.

Dont know if it qualifies as a "rare mount story" but i dont really wanna talk about Invincible....really not (the nightmares still haunt me).

Raven lord - I was paying a druid in WotLK, (If I remember it right, you still needed to have a druid to summon anzu at that point) I was paying him 100g per run and 1k for the mount if it drops (I know cheap as hell), so one time we ran that dungeon and I had a pending ticket, a GM answered my question and asked if I wanted something else. So I asked him if he could increase the chances of getting the mount, he just /w /cast luck 5, that day I didn't get it though. but next day - tadaa it drops.
    Blue drake from Malygos. I was making pugs for it every week 10m and 25m, so on one lucky day, I see it drop. I still used rolls for the loot with master looter (had a good reputation on my server and everyone knew I wouldn't snatch anything) Held my fingers crossed and... 87 the highest roll from the 10 players.
    Attumens mount, nothing cool - 57th kill I got the mount.
    Azure drake - helped a friend do the achievs in 10m malygos, we kill it, the mount drops. I win it.
    White hawkstrider - 18th kill. got it in wotlk when I started to farm it (like 6th try it dropped, haven't seen the phoenix hatchling ever though
    Blue proto drake - I think it took me ~100 kills, as I can't see the overall kill count due to not killing King Ymiron each time.
    White polar bear - 1st daily with the satchel. 1 of my friends was mad as hell, as he was farming it for months same as the green proto drake which I got pretty fast from the eggs

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    So, you cleared EoE twice in one lockout then? >.>

OT: I haven't really had any dreadful stories about mounts. I generally get whatever i'm after in under 50 runs. I did see Ashes drop twice in 9 runs. Won the second.
    Oh, no the lockout reset on Tuesday. Blue on monday, Azure on Tuesday XD Sorry if I wasn't clear enough about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Obelodalix View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ange
    Frostsaber.
    I hate you.
    Hate me for the right reason!

Ancient Frostsaber
    -

Leveled my DK up in Wrath (which I had switched my main to on release), went through some vanilla dungeons for achievements. First run through Strat, got the Charger.

I'm most proud of my Pureblood Firehawk, got it while our guild was doing the regular FL HC run every week, my TLPD and my Aeonaxx.
    TLPD: I got it after farming it for like a little bit less then two months on my 70 disc alt. Actually, when he spawned, I was at a friend's house,
    but I told my twin brother to keep an eye on my computer and turned NPCScan,'s volume all the way up. Eventually, he got it for me, good brother.
    Aoenaxx: I slept with phones for 4 days straight and had an alarm going every 10 minutes to wake up and press space (I am one of those people that really hate bots,
    even only be an anti-afk bot. I feel way better about things I have achieved on my on.) NPCScan once again was running with full volume, when all of the sudden it ripped me out of sleep and I had one more mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    killed malygos (was my first attempt for azur drake) together with a friend. mount dropped, he rolled 53 and i had a 54. good day

also running stonecore normal for quests with my lv82 warrior back in cata, mount dropped and i won it. was way before mounts became accountwide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    I'm most proud of my Pureblood Firehawk, got it while our guild was doing the regular FL HC run every week
    But firehawk is not a rare mount, every decent or half decent players would've gotten it before the drop decrease.