Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 82 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    High Overlord
    Got outrolled 24 times on invincible, was the 25th person from my raid group to get it.

First Flametalons of alyzrazor drops, roll 100.

I decided I wanted Rivendare's Deathcharger one day, so I went to start farming stratholme. I farmed for about 5 hours worth, and finally I was going to leave to my friend's for the weekend. I was leave in about 10 minutes, so I said "ok I'll just do one more before I leave for the weekend" and then, boom! It dropped! I had such a good car ride over there

Another, I was doing ZG with my brother our friend and my Grandma on thanksgiving (yes she plays wow, avidly). She wasn't at our house having dinner with us that year, but we were all doing ZG as a way of spending time together. It was just as the food was ready and the table was getting set, and my stomach was ready, then we killed the tiger boss, and the mount dropped! I had been farming it for a long time, I said "I'll give 2k if anyone wins the roll" (which to us at the time was a lot). Luckily I won it, and had a big grin on my face as I ate thanksgiving dinner, with my brother shooting daggers at me.

Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    Got outrolled 24 times on invincible, was the 25th person from my raid group to get it.

First Flametalons of alyzrazor drops, roll 100.
    GG of your raid group killing him 25 resets in a row

For me, I have got lucky lately.

The most important one for me being Ashes, after 50 or so solos on my DK; i became bored and did it on my mage instead, during Firelands.

Was tough, and much harder to pull off, but it dropped on my second kill, was so happy!
    Last edited by Faylo; 2013-01-29 at 07:38 AM.
    Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...l%C3%A8/simple
    Old Main: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Needle/simple
    LFR Hero/Alt: http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...astasya/simple
    Quote Originally Posted by Zefie View Post
    Everyone who does not miss Vanilla has no heart. Whoever wishes it back has no brain.

Got ashes after 4 weeks on my new account, had many on old tho.

Envy - Kazzak EU (www.envy.si)
    World 4 in SoO (25MAN)
    MY DK

Heard about the Swift Zulian Tiger, my friend was farming it for 2 years and read on Wowhead people spend equal time.

I tought, lets start the weekly grind > went in, killed boss and dafuq i have the drop, never went in there again

TLPD, been camping from start till 2 days before Cata launched, camping spots finding out routes etc for like 5-10 hours a day > and alot of days.

Gave up, had to go to Ulduar for last Wotlk raid, and dafuq it just spawned in my face > killed it and love it still.
    Playing MMO's since 1997 ®
    Ultima Online > Everquest > Dark Age of Camelot > Lineage 2 > World of Warcraft.
    In between ofcourse all the other MMOs u can name. Those above spend atleast 1 year.

Got my ashes on my 6th kill, and I didn't even care about it that much, still happy though :P

Soloed stonecore a lot in cata when i was bored trying to get the mount there. Finally after 543 runs the mount dropped for me. Decide to go do vortex pinnacle, mount drops on 6th run. RNG is a really big sucker for me 240 runs for onyxia over 200 on each of the new zg bosses with no mount but saw 3 ashes in 12 runs doing that with friends lol.

I got Rivendare's Reins on the first run of Strathholme on my DK, (It was 2 runs if you include the run my brother did on my character to show me how the "The Guantlet" part is done.)
    If you are reading this, Congratulations you have nothing better to read

i was a noob back in TBC, during my first raid run ever, I got into a kara pug and attumens steed dropped, i was 1 of 2 people in the run that wasnt a guildee and i rolled 100 for the mount! Im sure alot of people were mad at me that run but hey, i was there for the kill so i earned it. Farmed the raven lord and white hawkstrider during cata for about 4months doing both heroics every lockout, finally 1 day i went to do both heroics and boom they both dropped on the same day. It was amazing. And finally I decided to start farming ashes of alar about 2 months ago and last night i went in and did something stupid that caused me to wipe(yea i know, a lvl 90 wiping on kael'thas, what a noob). So I was mad and as i ran back in i said to myself, this thing better drop since i just wasted my time on that wipe and of course it dropped! So I'm pretty lucky with rare mount drops. Oh also I think im one of the first people ever to fish up the sea turtle, i got it within a few days of it being put into the game. Im gonna try to link my achievment to show the date.
    Last edited by gutnbrg; 2013-01-29 at 11:54 AM.

I was lucky to get the Onyxian Drake mount to drop last week, and this week i got Ashes of Al'ar. I remember the same thing happening with Raven lord and Fiery Warhorse from kara, i guess that was my reward for 150 Raven lord runs. I also got Swift Zulian Tiger on my second run.
    Last edited by PezFTW; 2013-01-29 at 09:05 PM.

Hmm rare mounts you say? stories you say? I farmed then farmed some more then something cool happened then i farm some more. two years later i was still farming. then it droped. the end

FARMING FOR DAYS

Got my Kara mount and ony mount in the same week. Super lucky week.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    71 kills at LK 25m hc...no dropp as off yet G_G
    got 21 kills saw it drop 21 times <: them olden times <3
    tralala

Quote Originally Posted by roflzore View Post
    got 21 kills saw it drop 21 times <: them olden times <3
    18 kills seen it drop 18 times... HI5!

I think my first rare mount story was back in wrath when I started to farm ZG for the mounts. After just a few runs with a ret pally (I'm a mage), we saw the raptor drop and I won that. About a month later, ZG was about to reset and we hadn't run ZG yet and my friend wasn't on, so I found a random bear tank to go with me. I told him if the raptor dropped he would get it since I already got it. He said "oh ok cool, well then if the tiger drops I won't roll on it too, just to be fair". no raptor, but the tiger dropped! I told him that he could roll against me since I wouldn't have had a chance to run it before reset if he hadn't helped me. He told me "nah man, I told you I wouldn't roll on it, grats". sure enough he didn't roll on it, so I got the raptor and tiger within about a month of each other. a few days later, I found a guy that sold me the blizzard bear mount for only 5k.

Since then, I hadn't had much luck. finally got my white strider, then a few months later got my raven lord. didn't really farm the kara mount much, randomly went one day by myself in cata and it dropped. I occasionally would pester a friend who had ashes to help me get it in cata. we did it a few weeks but then kind of stopped. I asked him one day to go do it with me, we were just talking casually in vent when I hear him go "ohhhh shiiii--" and I was like "oh what did it not drop aga....oh...it dropped, nice." no one to compete against for ashes. just two nights ago our raid got called early so I told me friend "hey lets go get you ashes" it was his first time in TK on that toon (he had been before, but never really farmed for ashes). sure enough, the bird drops for him.

I needed over 17 successful bear runs in Zul'Aman (4.1 version) to win the mount. Considering how many times I was rolling against only two or fewer players, this was extraordinarily unlucky. I wish I had taken notes on how many people I rolled against each time, but I didn't realize anything interesting was happening until I was well into the process.

Ashes dropped on our very first Kael kill..I waited until everyone else rolled. Mage buddy rolled a 98 and thought he won it...I rolled a 100.

Server first riding around on mini-A'lar's back...oh the crowds in Shat...

"There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    "Elo Hell is where the Ego is greater than the Elo." -Bystekhilcar

I went to Magister's Terrace in WotLk. Never got a rare mount before. Never won one. Saw only a couple. Won the white chicken and the blood elf orb on my first run. I think it's because RNG psychically knew I didn't care about the mount. I wanted the phoenix pet. I accidentally did heroic mode... took me 9 tries to get the pet. Never got another rare thing based off of RNG again -.-

I ran ZG since the first time I saw the tiger mount (sometime around BC when I first stated playing) Every reset until it was taken out and never saw it drop, not much of a story just some RNG blues.

^ speaking of the phoenix pet, I saw the mount drop 3 times before I managed to get the pet, ran it once on heroic as a friend liked to tag along for the chance then did normal until I hit the ran too many instances wall.
    Last edited by K i s u; 2013-02-06 at 05:14 PM.
    Unsubscribed
    10 Kibblet 66 Infectionate 79 Serenades 29 Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    26 Kibble 85 Taxiporte 10 Restofarian 36 Fisticuffs 86 Blesshu 90 Sinnocence 60 Shoctologist 90 Ellipsis 85 Hiddenfee 54 Teddiursa

I went rare hunting on the BMAH........saw the Vortex Pinnacle mount (north wind?).

Managed to put a 30k bid on without a single wipe and waited with baited breath for my sweet mount to drop.......

Opened my mail the next day to find......A blood soaked invitation Doh!!! (especially when I was already a member of the Brawlers Guild!!)
    if you cant wake up in the morning wiuth a smile on your face, put a coat hanger in your mouth before you go to bed!!