Thread: Lucky stories!

Page 85 of 121 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have no actual rare mounts, but I did get my Dreadsteed back when you had to do that quest line to get it. I was quite proud when I got it, and even more pleased when I got back the 250 gold (hard to believe that used to seem like a lot) by helping two guildmates who were mathematically incompetent. I told each of them I would let them use my materials, and that they would only have to pay me 125, splitting the cost between all of us. Neither of them seemed to realize I was making back all of mine with that deal, but whatever. I still saved them gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearfist View Post
    THis was on monday. On Tuesday, we go and do EoE and the AZURE one dropped.
    So, you cleared EoE twice in one lockout then? >.>

OT: I haven't really had any dreadful stories about mounts. I generally get whatever i'm after in under 50 runs. I did see Ashes drop twice in 9 runs. Won the second.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    So, you cleared EoE twice in one lockout then? >.>

OT: I haven't really had any dreadful stories about mounts. I generally get whatever i'm after in under 50 runs. I did see Ashes drop twice in 9 runs. Won the second.
    Since the mounts became account wide it's possible that he did it in a alt group. Like I do every week for kara & the eye (3-5 runs each week).

As for the stories I believe that most funny would be that my gf got aeonaxx on her hunter alt who had slow flying skill and had to buy fast one to use the mount. A top of that she barely managed to kill it due to having crappy lvl 83 greens. The guy she beat by seconds wasn't so happy. I was laughing my ass of on her luck

I got the ZG Panther after 325 kills, how awesome is that!?

Keyboard Turner
    i got both zg mount back in wotlk in 1 lockout :-) didn't realize how lucky i was untill people was like wtf when i linked achieves in trade channel

I decided randomly to start farming mounts last month. about two weeks I got Ashes (20th kill, 5 toons a week, so 4 weeks), Ony (2nd kill), Fiery Warhorse (30th kill, 10 toons a week, so 3 weeks), and Raven Lord (70th kill, 10 toons every day, so 1 week). I also had Azure drop but I passed it. I then went away for 2 weeks, came back and got Red Qiraji (16th lockout).

Apparently all my bad luck on gear is actually good luck on mounts.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%C3%ACa/simple - Look at FoS if you wish.
    Last edited by Yunalezka; 2013-02-22 at 12:10 AM.

Mechagnome
    I have only done EoE twice. My second attempt was a solo run a few months ago. Mount dropped.

More interesting was when I got the headless horseman's mount. I added it to my stable and never used it. It took me a year to find out that it was a flying mount.
    A living Warlock = a dead everyone else

Quote Originally Posted by yunalezka View Post
    about two weeks I got Ashes (20th kill, 5 toons 4 times a week), [...] Fiery Warhorse (30th kill, 10 toons 3 times a week),
    There's way too many people claiming they're running raids several times a week on the same character.....

@Vasilisa: How do you explain this guy, then? am I missing something? o.O

Don't ask me. Unless he is either faction changing very often or he has 20 toons on different servers/factions I have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    There's way too many people claiming they're running raids several times a week on the same character.....

@Vasilisa: How do you explain this guy, then? am I missing something? o.O
    Sorry about that. It was late here when I typed it and I typed it the wrong way. It's edited now. I did it once a week per toon, I just had several toons to farm it on

Once I hit 90 on my Monk I decided to see how well I could solo old content.

Solo'd THE EYE, and what dropped from Kael'Thas the first run? Ashes of Al'ar!! <3

It's not a very rare mount but I love my Sea Turtle. Dropped for me while I was fishing in Northrend and I was thrilled. It's pne of the rarest mounts I have I think and it's also one of my favorites.

Today I was fishing up deviate fish when i got mail from my GM. The closest mail box is in damned mudsprocket so i thought, hey why not kill onyia? I've never done onyxia solo or done her at all since her raid was remade

And boom. MOUNT DROP. i was doing crazy on Gchat.

I'd been farming for the Raven Lord for a few weeks, and late one night I said to a friend on vent that it was definitely going to drop on this particularly kill. He bet me 300k gold it wouldn't. It was late and I was tired so for some reason I accepted, and about 15 minutes later I had a nice new Raven Lord. Unfortunately I never saw the 300k :P

Oh and spontaneously deciding I wanted to farm for a sea turtle and getting it after only 3 minutes of fishing. That was pretty cool!

I got a rocket mount from Blingtron.

This is my story

I was new to the rogue class and it took very long till level 60. At level 60 I used all my playtime for mining/skinning and sold everything.
    After some days I had over 1000 gold and I bought my first epic mount!

This happened 2 weeks before the patch 1.4.0, release date EU 6 May 2005 :

Level 60 mounts purchased at vendors now have a whole new look. Faster undead mounts already have a different look and so have not changed. The new mounts can be seen standing near the mount vendors. If you have one of the old fast mounts, you can exchange it for one with a new look at the mount vendor.

I never used the exchange option for my old epic mount...

Last edited by Ange; 2013-02-22 at 07:38 AM.

We got nice rule for Mimirons head back in WOTLK. We took your attendance percentage + ROLL. Got it second in guild. Rolled 99 + attendance was like 90.

I then got 189 points. Our main tank that time had 98% attendance and rolled 90 so he got 188 points for Mimis head. So i won.

A couple of weeks ago I was doing MSV with my new guild, we beat Elegon into submission and the mount drops, I win it. My first reaction? I started swearing to myself because I had to do dailies to be able to ride it. Just.. So.. Annoying.

It has been a lucky year for me so far, on january 10th I got Fiery Warhorse's Reins (3 to 7 kill per week), on february 4th I got Grand Black War Mammoth (10 kills per week), and last save I got Reins of the Azure Drake (2 kill per week). Now I'm just gonna keep farming Ashes of Al'ar and Reins of the Onyxian Drake and when I decide to be less lazy I will start with ZG tiger and both Stonecore and Vortex Pinaccle drakes.

PD. Only one more day of "Love is in the air" and no luck with the rocket. Furthermore, I have yet to see one drop for anyone in my group.
    And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Death, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.
    Revelations 6:8

I went to BMAH and punched in a really big number.