Page 1 of 2
LastLast

A Sarcastic Commentary on Forums

I wrote that title merely to snag attention.

There should be a game. In this game are only people that have played before wrath. You get points by telling the coolest story, bro. The goal is to post something completely irrelevant to what the original post is about.

Example:

Original poster-
    Man, I can't believe how hard catching these adult zebras are. Me and my group of tribesmen are having a very hard time getting the tow cable around the zebras legs and tripping them and winning. Does anyone have tips on how we can catch the zebra more easily? Thanks!

#1-LOLOMGSOZ (banned)-
    FIRST.

#2 Healzforrealz-
    Yeah, I totally know what you mean about the Adult zebra. My tribe had a lot of trouble with it, too. We decided to look up zebwiki.com and check the strat. Apparently, It's all about positioning, watching for the fire, and handling adds properly. Here's the link to the zebspot.com kill video. Good luck!

#3 Ferx-
    /sigh. Omg what a freaking fail. wrath baby alert! like srsly dude, these encounters are so easy. i cnat believe you cant do these fight. I did them all on release night by myslef.

#4 ManaBiscuitPlawks-
    Casuals. Good lord... Back in vanilla safari adventure there were never noobs like this.

#5 LongSack-
    FARM BABY ZEBRAS FIRST YOU FREAKING NOOB!!!!!!!!11111one111111``1~~!```

Bonus points:
    -Somehow relate your post to how Blizz is going to crap, since the Activision merger is the reason why they cater to casuals.
    -Bring up the fact that mages were freaking useless in Burning Crusade compared to warlocks.
    -Defend speccing your priest into wand specialization for when a tank is building aggro on Onyxia.
    -Imply that the 2.1 patch that introduced voice chat into the game is going to put Ventrilo out of business, then make a post a month later about how the voice quality is crap and that you never supported it.
    -Say that you've played since beta.
    -Complain about the LFD tool.

Seriously guise. Some of you people look like clowns on these forums. Almost everything that you've said has been said before. You're not unique, clever, funny, or intelligent. There are moderators here solely to ban you, lock your threads, and delete your posts. That's cumbersome and unwanted. Make your post relevant and smart. Make this game better for the other 12 million. You're the ones that no one wants in the game.

I think I love you. /Dalliah

I think I love you. /Dalliah
    Very honored
    Last edited by Ferx; 2010-12-19 at 06:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by toho View Post
    cool stroy bro. would you like some more attention or some cookies?
    Clearly, my now 6 posts are signs for cries of attention.

10+ Year Old Account
    what is this i dont even

Strength is something you earn.
    Rockin' Azeroth since Vanilla BETA.

Server first kill of Ragnaros (back in the day).
    He's back for more. I'm gonna give it to him.

How about a ban or at least a thread lock?

What is this..catching zebras..wtf?

I actually found this post rather clever and it gave me a smirk once or twice. Some of it is spot on.

I believe there is a forum rule, however, that thread titles are to relate to your topic.

i agree wit FERX for the most.. little harsh but got to make a point right?

Quote Originally Posted by AlsDKsauce View Post
    How about a ban or at least a thread lock?
    What did he do that warrants a ban?

I think most people TL;DR'ed on this thread.

Thanks for this, I'll be banning the trolls out of it periodically. They have about an hour to delete their posts.

You're not unique, clever, funny, or intelligent.
    Exactly what I was thinking when I saw this thread. Obvious troll is obvious, and a very boring one at that.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    These things make me mad too. I come to this site to be amused or to get information. These posts provide neither lols nor knowledge. Definitely applying to be a mod next time around so that at least I can get some pleasure from shutting them down.
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

this thread is scaring me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    Thanks for this, I'll be banning the trolls out of it periodically. They have about an hour to delete their posts.
    Thanks.

10+ Year Old Account
    isnt this thread trolling in itself? so its useless to take it seriously?

Edit: fine jeez
    Last edited by Toho; 2010-12-19 at 06:31 AM.

lol forget it.
    Last edited by haloeffect; 2010-12-19 at 06:34 AM.

I just lost the game.

No, and no. Any more questions?

You didn't read it, did you?

It's an objective opinion of certain kinds of forum threads. The title has nothing to do with it. The only way I can see this upsetting anyone is if one of his examples is almost word for word of another's post.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, and no. Any more questions?
    here i changed it, but care to explain what he is trying to say because it sounds like utter jubberish and QQ to me.

whether OP likes it or not this community is made of casuals too and other people. you cant make a game perfect for everyone

here i changed it, but care to explain what he is trying to say because it sounds like utter jubberish and QQ to me.
    He's mocking those who like to complain about certain topics regarding wow. Go on and read the whole thing through. It's quite plain to see.