Affliction questions

Hey, so I have just finished levelling my second character to 85, my warlock, and I need help!

I've looked at several places (Mainly Warlock's Den and Elitist Jerks), and found things that seem to conflict, so obviously some things are either inaccurate or not up to date.

For instance, Elitist Jerks recommends using Succubus, and using Glyph of Lash of Pain, but Warlock's Den recommends using Felhunter, and using Glyph of Unstable Affliction isntead.

My main questions are these:
    What Prime Glyphs Should I be using? Haunt and Bane of Agony seem like the obvious choices, but the last one?
    What spec should I be taking? I'm mostly going to be doing mostly heroics, and possibly some raids later on. Is Dark Arts a good talent to get? I was thinking something like this: http://wowtal.com/#k=1zSwp51B.a67.warlock.qRZ4Z
    Assuming that the Felhunter of course is the pet of choice.

I realise Fel Synergy isn't really a DPS increase, but I like it, it's not uncommon for my pet to not get healed and die, so until my pet stays alive, I'd like to keep at least 1 point there. I'm under the impression that Improved Soul Fire is nigh on a requirement, but I'm not 100%, and if I have it, I'm unsure if I should only ever cast Soulburned Soul Fires, or if I should maintain the buff by casting it always (With it's mad cast time ;o)

I'm also unsure about Soulburn: Seed of Corruption, are there a decent amount of AoE opportunities where the mobs will actually all be alive long enough to deal damage for their full duration? It seems like mostly you're CCing and not doing huge aoe, and the odd times where you are doing lots of aoe, they'll die pretty quickly.

Any help would be great, thanks

Succubus and Glyph of Lash of Pain/Glyph of Haunt/Glyph of Bane of Agony are the best choices for pet/glyphs.

Drop a point in Pandemic for SB:SoC. Your haste will make up for a good chunk of the .25 GCD reduction you're "losing" by making the switch. It is useful for several fights - Maloriak, Magmaw, Halfus, possibly Cho'gall - and thus worth picking up.

Always, always, always keep up ISF. It's a mandatory buff (so no Fel Synergy for you, no). If Soulburn isn't up, then hard cast it.

Deleted
    Using the succubus was at level 80. At 85 you should be using the Felhunter due to the mechanics of Demon Soul.
    Also for Affli use Glyph of Haunt, Corruption and Agony...

SB:SOC is useless unless your just running normal dungeons...

Also succubus is only for when CCing multiple targets (fear, seduce etc) so glyphing her main damage ability is nerfing yourself..
    Last edited by mmocb4a9ed79c5; 2010-12-19 at 08:50 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sephakay View Post
    Using the succubus was at level 80. At 85 you should be using the Felhunter due to the mechanics of Demon Soul.
    Also for Affli use Glyph of Haunt, Corruption and Agony...

SB:SOC is useless unless your just running normal dungeons...

Also succubus is only for when CCing multiple targets (fear, seduce etc) so glyphing her main damage ability is nerfing yourself..
    Thats not really updated info is it?

You use Glyph of Lash of Pain and the succubus until 25%, then you soul burn fel hunter. You keep up all the dots, demon soul and drain soul... Its the highest dmg you can do... And its supported by hard evidence (World of Logs, best affli lock does it) so unless something changed since last week its still the way to go.

Deleted
    Hmm but wouldnt only count in a raiding enviroment? Is there enough time on heroic bosses to actually get the desired effect of swapping pets in the last 25%?

Deleted
    Works perfectly for me... With somewhat decent gear i can easily do 10k topped at 14k

But its the same always, affli is about nailing the entire row of dots and cd's to perfection

15+ Year Old Account
    i think using soulburn for instant SF and 15% haste for 15 sec, and demon soul @ start of the fight will give you more dps than using succubus till 25%.
    Also glyph of corruption will be a nice dps increase with current haste lvls and is usefull for movement fights. it is also very nice for fights with a lot of adds where you can soulburn > SoC on, it will proc like crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by Logilock View Post
    Thats not really updated info is it?

You use Glyph of Lash of Pain and the succubus until 25%, then you soul burn fel hunter. You keep up all the dots, demon soul and drain soul... Its the highest dmg you can do... And its supported by hard evidence (World of Logs, best affli lock does it) so unless something changed since last week its still the way to go.
    care to link some proof?

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had similar questions but im usinf the fel pup and glyph of corruption poping ds and blood fury at the start and again at25 petcent doing about 15k