Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lowler View Post
    Proof please, in the form of video. There's no way anybody is doing 24k in blues with 19 mastery. There's no way anybody is going much past 16k at the moment, and that's during spikes. At most my Skada is showing ~13k dps in 10man and I'm in 5HC BiS right now.
    Vendetta, Overkill, Troll racial, both trinkets, heroism = over 26k dps spike quite easily
    Last edited by mmoc3c30a8e4a0; 2010-12-23 at 11:58 AM.

Deleted
    I'm not talking about spiking. I spike to 40k coming from stealth, popping a pot, cooldowns and BL. I'd love to see these blue geared rogues doing steady 18k dps.

Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Outside of the added parry chance from the boss facing you and the firestorm phase if you have extra mDPS.
    There is no reason you cannot fully dps Argaloth from behind on the fire phase. Use CoS, and feint to mitigate dmg, and go to town

Deleted
    The sick thing is that world of logs show like 40k on raid bosses right now. 25k+ doesnt seem that unlikely, since no man can have top notch gear atm, if they haven't gotten every piece of loot for two weeks in a row.

Sick thing is, there is a damage increase on that fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Isikee View Post
    How come your sustained is higher than mine by about 5k yet during bloodlust I can beat your spike by 12k in a group with crappy melee buffs?
    (sorry ive stepped away from the forum for a day, on vaca lol.)

not specific to this reply, but to alot of people in question:

no i do not have logs/proof, but like i said, grain of salt weither you want to believe me or not.

i do not know why my sustained is higher then yours, but of 14 or so attempts on omnitron, the first minute was comprised entirely of dps on a single target. this obviously means all my procs were up for the first seconds of combat. maybe it was just very lucky rng (srs bisnis that i have to cite any and all information on an mmo-champion forum)

you can choose to believe these numbers or not, i dont really care all that much. haste is only .1 EP away from mastery on the chart from the EJ assassination guide, so im willing to believe it is just as viable, especially because i hate being drained for energy, which can mean a dps increase on a target switching fight such as omnitron.

sorry if i got your feathers rustled because your seeing different numbers then i am, maybe you all should tighten up your rotations? i dont know, learn your entire class before basing what dps should be out of a spreadsheet, there are too many factors to classify everything based on a BIS calculation for one gearset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulus View Post
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

this is for pve, am i correct?

Quote Originally Posted by krift View Post
    this is for pve, am i correct?
    correct sir!
    For those of you reading this thread thinking "I've never met any weird people on WoW", then it's probably you.

Quote Originally Posted by sCRAPbott View Post
    IMHO This.
    halfus, correct?

just making sure i completely missed something when referencing my omnitron fights

(have not made any attempts on halfus)

Some DK was pulling 40k on 25 Magmaw, is what i believe he was referring to.

15+ Year Old Account
    On your particular server, look at who's always been the best rogue and talk to them. My server has had 2, Slade and Zapz. While Zapz is hard to talk to because he's an elitist guy.
    I've found that I applied all agility/haste and did lower overall damage output than all mastery.

The stats I will be getting is 8% special damage hit with melee, The problem with going through a full spell hit cap. Is it's incredibly difficult. There's honestly no point in trying to get the spell hit cap as that means every single gem socket and item will have tons of hit on it. And You may still fall short.
    Try for the 8% special, run deadly poison main hand and instant offhand. I found that works great for me. Precision in the Combat tree is definately worthwhile getting regardless of who says yes or no. Because 6% is HUGE. If you make 8% natural hit rating, add 6% to that, guess what you're only a few % under the spell cap anyway.

I personally have found myself gemming and reforging for Mastery/Haste.
    Doing so at level 80 found me running 7K afk at a dummy.
    Doing so at level 83 found me running 11K afk at a dummy.
    At level 85 on the Raiders Dummy, Still maintaining 11K afk at a dummy.
    Everybody will tell you something different. But i've found the best returns from NOT going forward with tons of agility. Haste increases the replenishment of your energy. Using the same ole assassin rotation as i've always used *mut mut SD, mut mut rup, Mut Mut Env, rinse repeat* I've seen my boss dps as high as 14,500 on my rogue. Lots of people have wanted to votekick me because I make them look bad.

Made by Ariyana!

Quote Originally Posted by Swiftstryder View Post
    Are you raiding yet? thats the numbers im getting.

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/jc2q4dpgl57cps38/

My bad, 25k dps

Edit:

And yeah as linlol and Sagan-man were saying, that's pretty low dps you're pushing if you're in BiS heroics already :S
    Umm, wyrmbreaker gives a massive damage buff as each drake goes down...

Eww I looked at more of your logs...11k on omnitron??? ewwww
    Last edited by mtawney1313; 2010-12-24 at 07:35 AM.

tons of misinformation here.

some facts:
    - agi is and will be the best stat.

- don't do silly things like "gem all hit then mastery then...." it's wrong. what is best to do is to calculate the EP, since they change with your stats.

- "reforge to hit then mastery" is not totally correct. it should be "reforge to hit as much as possible close to spell hit cap and not over, then mastery" (again, need to calculate EP to see what's better for you)

- rotation is easy "mut mut snd mut mut etc". WRONG. the cycle is mut 4+ and finisher priority is snd > rup >env. nothing more. if you mut when you have 4 cp you're doing it wrong.

- gemming: if the bonus is not agi, gem full agi. if the bonus is agi, calculate EPs between full agi gemming and gemming for bonus, then do accordingly.

there are plenty of stickies/guides here, on wowhead, on ej, but most of the people link them without reading them. and they everybody asks why there are so many baddies around.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Coldkil View Post
    tons of misinformation here.

some facts:
    - agi is and will be the best stat.

- don't do silly things like "gem all hit then mastery then...." it's wrong. what is best to do is to calculate the EP, since they change with your stats.

- "reforge to hit then mastery" is not totally correct. it should be "reforge to hit as much as possible close to spell hit cap and not over, then mastery" (again, need to calculate EP to see what's better for you)

- rotation is easy "mut mut snd mut mut etc". WRONG. the cycle is mut 4+ and finisher priority is snd > rup >env. nothing more. if you mut when you have 4 cp you're doing it wrong.

- gemming: if the bonus is not agi, gem full agi. if the bonus is agi, calculate EPs between full agi gemming and gemming for bonus, then do accordingly.

there are plenty of stickies/guides here, on wowhead, on ej, but most of the people link them without reading them. and they everybody asks why there are so many baddies around.
    Great post. Just wanted to add: always keep your eyes on your envenom buff that lasts for max 6 seconds. I have configured mine out of the addon powerauras. try to do an envenom as soon as that buff falls off, and not before that. unless snd are about to run out and/or rupture/energycap.

Quote Originally Posted by membranee View Post
    Great post. Just wanted to add: always keep your eyes on your envenom buff that lasts for max 6 seconds. I have configured mine out of the addon powerauras. try to do an envenom as soon as that buff falls off, and not before that. unless snd are about to run out and/or rupture/energycap.
    what this guy said, clipping envenom buffs can hack your dps, but missing the buff refresh for long periods of time can be just as bad.

does anyone know if using backstab when the target is below 35% with the talent that gives you back energy when done so is better than using mutilate?

Quote Originally Posted by Furnox View Post
    does anyone know if using backstab when the target is below 35% with the talent that gives you back energy when done so is better than using mutilate?
    yea, it is most definately a dps increase. check the ej pocket guide for exact numbers, but the rotation switches to backstab to 4 or 5 cps then continue the normal priority rotation

Quote Originally Posted by Ciderian View Post
    but the rotation switches to backstab to 4 or 5 cps then continue the normal priority rotation
    Actually it is now 5cp rotation. No longer 4+ once you go to backstab phase.
    About EP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Aldriana
    With the usual caveats about these numbers being based on a specific set of gear which probably isn't what you're using, such that these answers will be approximately right but not exact
    Vanilla: 60 Shaman
    BC: 70 Rogue, 70 Druid
    Wrath: 80 Druid, 80 Paladin, 80 Shaman, 80 Rogue
    Cata: 85 Rogue (Holmés), 85 Priest (Naclwater)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Actually it is now 5cp rotation. No longer 4+ once you go to backstab phase.
    Depends, it's probably better to use 4 if envenom/rupture will run out if you do another backstab, otherwise 5

however rogue's TOP EP value is agility but you want to get spell hit cap first as you can see our most damaging ability on boss encounters is Instant poison spell hit cap and mastery both are important but spell hit cap comes first then anything else =)