Thread: DK PvP Builds

DK PvP Builds

Gonna finally start doing some actually pvp on my dk I'm curious about what people like more for it unholy or frost, and DW or 2hander. Any info would be appreciated.

I am doing 2h frost, with all pve heroic gear i got 1700 haste and 30% mastery and I just wreck kids.

2h Frost is extremely strong atm. Only thing I'm not sure of is if Permafrost stacks with Desecration.

You got a build I can see for that?

I do indeed, but MMO won't let me link it.

Blood.

I'm dead serious. I am a beast on the battlefield.

change the link slightly and I can fill in the blank, or just put your character name so I can look on it on the armory

Quote Originally Posted by Facerockker View Post
    Blood.

I'm dead serious. I am a beast on the battlefield.
    I know right, if you can play it right, you may not do tons of damage but you will almost never die (:<

So for those going blood, silly question, but I was wondering if you pick haste over mastery, and what presence you're running.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBoxy View Post
    So for those going blood, silly question, but I was wondering if you pick haste over mastery, and what presence you're running.
    well always mastery for blood even when tanking that is primarily what you want to stack and reforge to. and always blood presence because there is no reason to be in any other especially because you get free rune strikes. but the huge flaw with blood is casters will rip you a new one seeing as blood shield only absorbs physical damage rather than all damage which would be amazing.

Ooooh yeah duh. I forgot about those free RS's lol.

blood is good, i got 160k HP in tank gear lol and no melee can kill me. Range however is a different story.

Right now it seems like most high rated dk's (around 2200-2500) are going unholy, especially because even before an arena match starts, you can stack your shadow infusion and just pop transformation as you get into combat. Plus as of right now few people have a full pvp set, so you pet can just rip them apart.

Quote Originally Posted by drisdan View Post
    Right now it seems like most high rated dk's (around 2200-2500) are going unholy, especially because even before an arena match starts, you can stack your shadow infusion and just pop transformation as you get into combat. Plus as of right now few people have a full pvp set, so you pet can just rip them apart.
    Which means it won't last.

Deleted
    I play unholy for arena and for BGs what I'm in the mood for, in general(!). Again, if you want to succeed you spec what's best for your comp and against what you get teamed up a lot.

My frost build is dual wield atm. In BGs it's just retarded how hard your obliterate hits. my general playstyle (with healers in the background of my enemy) is HB and NS spam, some froststrikes and obliterate on killing machine procs or if the target would just simply die, ofc. 2hand works also, but threat of thassarian saved my life a lot of times as it always hits (e.g. though evasion). dual wielding is fun as frost. seems so much faster.

Nonetheless, my preferred and main spec is unholy.

For non-premades and open pvp (like tol barad) I'm all for blood as you can't rely on any kind of partner and blood has the most defense and self healing. In organized PvP I would lean towards unholy due to the utility it brings.