Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

No need for CC already !!!

Just spent the last couple hours running thru HCs without the need for cc on any of the mobs, Ilevel ain't even high, nor was it on the rest of the party, I'm slightly disappointed.
    Also boss encounters we managed to have no problem with 3 manning them, (seeing our Mage & hunter die to silly mistakes) myself a rogue, pala tank & pala healer. Are pala still op, ours had no problem thru out any of the fights.
    Here's hoping raids require more cc
    Last edited by Meatz; 2010-12-19 at 10:08 AM.

very much true...was in a dungeon with 159k hp pally tank, in h lost city, and the tank just pulled everything without the need of ccing...

Yea pallys are pretty OP right now. Expect nerfs inc. Prot anyways, ret and holy seem to be in a good place.

The majority of people who said heroics were hard were just people who didn't do WotLK heroics before the nerf and change in emblem system. The bosses themselves are slightly more difficult, for the most part, than the WotLK counterparts but the trash will become an AoE fest for 90% of groups in another month as everyone fills out their heroic/JP gear.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 09:58 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    Yea pallys are pretty OP right now. Expect nerfs inc. Prot anyways, ret and holy seem to be in a good place.
    Paladins, DKs, and Bear tanks are pretty much on an even level right now in terms of survivability. Warriors are pretty lol though and need some major buffs.

Although knowing Blizzard's track record, they'll just nerf everyone down to the Warrior's level.

These forums seem to suggest that indeed people are still having problems in heroics - so thumbs up to you if they are working for your guild.

I can give you the information that several hundred guilds are 7/12 raids and there are up to 3 heroic raid bosses down. So I am not sure if you are trying to brag here that you can do heroics easily, while at the same time showing that your guild is rather much behind in raiding.

Not least this should be an eyeopener to you how broad the skill level of players and guilds is...and yours is somewhere in the grey. You may smile condensendingly on those with difficulties in heroics, yet raidguilds are much further and never felt the need to make (another) whiney topic on this.

They just play and advance....
    You went to the slam rather quickly on this one Det. /golf clap

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    These forums seem to suggest that indeed people are still having problems in heroics - so thumbs up to you if they are working for your guild.

I can give you the information that several hundred guilds are 7/12 raids and there are up to 3 heroic raid bosses down. So I am not sure if you are trying to brag here that you can do heroics easily, while at the same time showing that your guild is rather much behind in raiding.

Not least this should be an eyeopener to you how broad the skill level of players and guilds is...and yours is somewhere in the grey. You may smile condensendingly on those with difficulties in heroics, yet raidguilds are much further and never felt the need to make (another) whiney topic on this.

They just play and advance....
    This weren't a guild, this was just me grabbing a random dungeon group and stopping with them for a few hours of dungeons. But thanks angry child for the erm... Good info
    Last edited by Meatz; 2010-12-19 at 10:55 AM.

There are 2 reasons why I won't consider your post:

1) You're dps
    2) Plate-wearing and generally OP healer

I did heroic lost city with a pug (squishy druid tank and healer(me)), and only wiped twice throughout the entire instance (good for a PuG with a tank that hadn't done it before) but you don't see me demanding that heroics need to be buffed. You were lucky and so was I.

Quote Originally Posted by sinofasin View Post
    very much true...was in a dungeon with 159k hp pally tank, in h lost city, and the tank just pulled everything without the need of ccing...
    Lost city is one of if not the easiest heroic I've done so far, and this is coming from a healer
    Last edited by Calliemari; 2010-12-19 at 11:33 AM.
    WTB talented signature creators!

10+ Year Old Account
    uhm... my only question is. What hc did you run?

No Tusk Club.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    The majority of people who said heroics were hard were just people who didn't do WotLK heroics before the nerf and change in emblem system. The bosses themselves are slightly more difficult, for the most part, than the WotLK counterparts but the trash will become an AoE fest for 90% of groups in another month as everyone fills out their heroic/JP gear.

---------- Post added 2010-12-19 at 09:58 AM ----------

Paladins, DKs, and Bear tanks are pretty much on an even level right now in terms of survivability. Warriors are pretty lol though and need some major buffs.

Although knowing Blizzard's track record, they'll just nerf everyone down to the Warrior's level.
    2 things: WoTLK was never hard AT ALL! Even before the LFD changes and emblem system changes were made to it they were lol easy. TBH I was shocked when i entered my first hc after having done TBC hcs for 2 years. way too much of an AoE-fest.

Secondly, Paladin tanks are not at a good state right now. Our pally tank is in ilvl 318 atm and is not even taking a single boss hit in normal Grim Batol. Whereas the pally tank with ilvl 352 is not taking a single hit of anything. That's not how tanking should work so they will get nerfed pretty hard soon. Druids and DKs seem to be at a fair grade compared with warriors at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Prots are nearly invincible still... they can use word of glory every 9sec with 3 stacks... seal of insight heasls pretty good atm too.. and they got massive dmg reduction talents atm.

Very true.
    I tank with mostly dps gear for it to go faster.I have 130k hp unbuffed pala and with several guild groups we pretty much just aoe packs down.It does help tho that Vengeance ads me up to 10k ap so I'm pretty much always on top(10k+ ) on each trash pack.I play with 1 rogue 1 warrior and 1 ele shaman as dps as well as a holy paladin.
    We finished every single achievment for the meta yesterday in about 4hours and we wiped once when we failed to kill enough crocs in Lost city(we didn't know you could reset).

Heroics aren't hard tbh.
    LFG randoms are dumb ^^
    Pew pew

Quote Originally Posted by Tandurin View Post
    2 things: WoTLK was never hard AT ALL! Even before the LFD changes and emblem system changes were made to it they were lol easy. TBH I was shocked when i entered my first hc after having done TBC hcs for 2 years. way too much of an AoE-fest.
    Loken and Anub'arak killed more players than any raid boss for the first two months of WotLK. There used to be a Blizzard website that tracked it.(Prior to Loken and Anub'arak being introduced to the game, the mob most responsible for player deaths was... Defias Pillager) edit: although now that I think about it, dungeon/raid bosses and regular mobs may have been on a seperate list

Anub'arak, Loken, that drake rider event in Utgarde Pinnacle(can't remember the bosses name now, haven't done a WotLK heroic in like over a year), Meathook(if the healer got hit with the chains the first month or so of WotLK your tank was toast if he didn't have any cooldowns ready) and to a lesser extent the Sacrifice chick in Old Kingdom(again, can't remember her name; been skipping her for a year and a half now) if your DPS couldn't burn down the adds and she enraged. Those bosses used to wreck pugs until they got some heroic gear. Just like the Cataclysm bosses wreck pugs, until they get heroic gear. We will be outgearing these heroics in less than a month.

Just like WotLK heroics were tuned and difficult for players in ilevel 170ish leveling gear and once you got to ilevel 200 heroic gear they were a joke, these bosses are tuned for ilevel 329 leveling gear and will be a joke once everyone is in 346 heroic gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Ademptio View Post
    Prots are nearly invincible still... they can use word of glory every 9sec with 3 stacks... seal of insight heasls pretty good atm too.. and they got massive dmg reduction talents atm.
    I'd much rather use my holy power to generate threat tbh.
    The reason we use word of glory and a cooldown on each pull is beacause without we would die in seconds.
    Pew pew

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pullup View Post
    I'd much rather use my holy power to generate threat tbh.
    The reason we use word of glory and a cooldown on each pull is beacause without we would die in seconds.
    another reason why you use WoG: on cooldown is because it gives holy shield (guarded by the light)
    Anilist
    #PraiseforKyoAni

So you probably did a hc which require minimum cc and just blasted through it, congratulations.

Last night, I went into BRC hc with a group consisting of Warrior tank, Warrior DPS, Warlock, Paladin DPS and me as Paladin Healer. Needless to say, we got molested by the last 2 bosses until the Paladin DPS had to go and thankfully got replaced with a mage. CC is still needed, but it largely depends on what HC it is and the luck of your group-composition, as 1 class that can easily do one single CC will make some trashpulls infinitely easier.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Loken and Anub'arak killed more players than any raid boss for the first two months of WotLK. There used to be a Blizzard website that tracked it.(Prior to Loken and Anub'arak being introduced to the game, the mob most responsible for player deaths was... Defias Pillager) edit: although now that I think about it, dungeon/raid bosses and regular mobs may have been on a seperate list

Anub'arak, Loken, that drake rider event in Utgarde Pinnacle(can't remember the bosses name now, haven't done a WotLK heroic in like over a year), Meathook(if the healer got hit with the chains the first month or so of WotLK your tank was toast if he didn't have any cooldowns ready) and to a lesser extent the Sacrifice chick in Old Kingdom(again, can't remember her name; been skipping her for a year and a half now) if your DPS couldn't burn down the adds and she enraged. Those bosses used to wreck pugs until they got some heroic gear. Just like the Cataclysm bosses wreck pugs, until they get heroic gear. We will be outgearing these heroics in less than a month.

Just like WotLK heroics were tuned and difficult for players in ilevel 170ish leveling gear and once you got to ilevel 200 heroic gear they were a joke, these bosses are tuned for ilevel 329 leveling gear and will be a joke once everyone is in 346 heroic gear.
    defias pillager, wow.

likely we will but it won't be to the point that we can just forget the death zones like we did in wotlk, most of them are just /death.

Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx View Post
    leave my paladin alone! and when have ret ever been in a good place? it sucks atm

Deleted
    Whats wrong with CC if it makes it all easier?

Yeah, Ret is pretty much the worst DPS spec in the entire game at the moment. It is just sad on every level.

Poor Paladins.

Deleted
    We can use no CC but it makes things a lot more messy (with irl friend group)

With pug group, CC isn't needed.. but helps a lot, and can prevent a lot of deaths

CC isn't needed