Deleted

Whats the best weapon enchant for holy paladins?

Hello everyone,
    As the topic says, whats the best enchant for us in Cataclysm? Have been googling alot but cant find it! :/

Quote Originally Posted by Enteria View Post
    Hello everyone,
    As the topic says, whats the best enchant for us in Cataclysm? Have been googling alot but cant find it! :/
    It's a little surprising to me that a lot of googling never led you to the enchanting section that was on the mmo-champion front page. Right now without a doubt get heartsong, you're going to need the extra spirit in this stage of the game. As maelstrom crystals become more available, enchants will have power torrent, which is what I'd recommend.

Quote Originally Posted by Hendrixstorm View Post
    It's a little surprising to me that a lot of googling never led you to the enchanting section that was on the mmo-champion front page. Right now without a doubt get heartsong, you're going to need the extra spirit in this stage of the game. As maelstrom crystals become more available, enchants will have power torrent, which is what I'd recommend.
    I have a lot of thoughts, but instead I'm simply going to ask the question straight out, just to see what the reasoning is: Why would power torrent be better than heartsong?

Edit: As I need to go to sleep, I'll just comment that power torrent is essentially a random power proc. You get a small amount of regen through replenishment, but not much (about 100 mana over the course of the proc), so from a mana/regen standpoint it's only good if you can hit divine plea while it's active, something you cannot always be assured of doing. Power is great, but random power isn't; there's no guarantee we'll have it when we need it, or that it won't proc when we don't need it.

... about the only defense of the enchant I can think of is that if you do need the power, you can use it when it procs, and if it happens to proc when you don't need the power, than you can probably afford to hit divine plea. If you hit divine plea while power torrent is active, does that net you more mana than you'd get from heartsong over the next 2 minutes?

Edit2: Quick math shows that you get 8434 maximum mana from power torrent while its active (assuming kings, all plate, and ember meta gem). The proc only lasts 12 seconds, so it's likely you'll only get 3 ticks of divine plea during the proc; glyphed, you get 3% of your max per tick, so that's 9% over three ticks, for a total extra gain of about 759 mana if you hit divine plea while power torrent is active. That seems like it should be far less than heartsong generates over a 2 minute period (to correspond to the CD of divine plea), which leaves the only other value of power torrent being the random power... and if I'm not fond of crit because its unreliable, why would I be fond of power torrent? I'd rather have something that is guaranteed to be useful when it procs (and if I"m not at full mana, heartsong is useful... and if I am, the encounter is likely so trivial weapon enchants are irrelevant).
    Last edited by darkwarrior42; 2010-12-19 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    I have a lot of thoughts, but instead I'm simply going to ask the question straight out, just to see what the reasoning is: Why would power torrent be better than heartsong?
    Because with buffs it's almost 500 spellpower, and it boosts %incoming mana gains. Throughput and regen all in one beautiful package.

Deleted
    power torrent is both regen and throughput so its obviously better

Quote Originally Posted by darkwarrior42 View Post
    from what i can understand, spirit regens a percent of your mana. so the more mana you have the more each point of spirit is worth, so not only would it give 500 spellpower but it would give a hefty boost to regen. according to wow insider hpallys are stuck stacking int gems this expansion again for that very reason

Deleted
    Power Torrent is better, but it costs bout 2k more on my realm. Power Torrent isn't 2k better than Heartsong