Thread: Scared to heal

Scared to heal

My shammy just hit 85 the other day so i've been doing normals to get ready for heroics. However this toon has been my pvp toon since i made her, problem is with everyone saying how bad BGs are for healers now, i just dont know if i want to put anytime into it. Health pools are huge now and my spells are alot slower, gone are the days where i could ghost wolf around tossing out LHWs and being ok. Are there any pvp healers here that can give me an idea of how bad it is? Are we getting focused down with nothing to save us? Or are the large health pools really making a difference?
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

Healing in a BG is a bit rougher nowadays, just have to play a bit smarter and LOS yourself from attackers best you can, the added health pools make for a bit more survivability however your heals wont scale like they did in Wotlk. If you like a challenge then go for it. With all the QQ'ing going on with healing today anyways i would suspect blizz will give into the "casual" or "wrath baby" QQ and dumb it down a bit. I personally use my pally in there and oom is a common occurance, bring lots of water. That is if you survive long enough to use it.

Deleted
    I agree with Malmus, been playing my druid in BGs for little over a week now, and its definitely harder than it was, since the health pools are larger and your healing isnt up to the task anymore you cant just Nature's swiftness healing touch someone to full hp, its more of a keeping them alive game now, while using everything you can to stay alive and keep the mana rolling in, bring water, as Malmus said, you will need it.
    As for the zerging part, well that always happens to healers when faced with any kind of a good team, i mean you can't really expect them to just whack on all those dps when your there healing them as much as you can.
    My advice would be just to go for it, its honestly never been more fun than it is now.

Deleted
    A zerg nowadays counts as a single dps setting his sights on you. Unless you have a good team who keep you peeled and use their CDs well you will struggle with healing. I found healing so unenjoyable that i've been forced away from it despite being resto 4 life.

As a healer, you now need a pocket healer or a bodyguard (DPS with CC).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kore nametooshort View Post
    A zerg nowadays counts as a single dps setting his sights on you. Unless you have a good team who keep you peeled and use their CDs well you will struggle with healing. I found healing so unenjoyable that i've been forced away from it despite being resto 4 life.
    I don't know about other classes atm, but i find that one dps attacking me is not nearly enough to take me out, at least not easily, i've got lots of ways to get away, on the other hand resto shammies might not, so it might just be a class thing that i'm enjoying it and not hating it tbh. Can you clarify as to which class you play and expand on the problems you're having?

I'm sorry, i though i said it in my first post. I'm a resto shammy, and i havnt done many bgs yet i just dont wanna start trying to gear up and then find out healers cant cut it like they used to. just wanted to see what the consensus was on how healing is in pvp.
    #1 Resto Tree Slap DPS

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are forced into a 1v1 you'll be fine. use the same old tricks you always have. Honestly out of all the healing classes I find shamans the hardest to bring down in a 1v1 (Damn you frost shock!). Other than that LoS is your friend. As stated, health pools are much bigger so you don't have to worry about your DPS being burst down in 1 GCD.
    I like waffles!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Revelosh View Post
    I don't know about other classes atm, but i find that one dps attacking me is not nearly enough to take me out, at least not easily, i've got lots of ways to get away, on the other hand resto shammies might not, so it might just be a class thing that i'm enjoying it and not hating it tbh. Can you clarify as to which class you play and expand on the problems you're having?
    I play a resto druid. The problems Im having is that i dont have the same tools as a shaman or paladin to heal since they have long been direct healers wereas i have just become a direct healer. I'm sure that I'm doing something wrong, but i do not consider myself a bad player. Pvp healing just does not appeal to me on my druid any more since i cannot LB multiple targets and casting nourish is both painful if there is an interrupter nearby and painful to watch as my cast bar ever so slowly fills up.

Deleted
    Resto shamans are terrible in PVP. Terrible.

Deleted
    i have just started pvp as a resto shammy, its tough u need a pvp spec with the insta GW im only on 800 resil atm, a good use of totems and cc and u can survive an onslought but u need to stay with at least 2 others on your own your screwed the dots of ferals are OP wars can burn u down in no time too, once u get some resil stacked it should be tolarable

Resto shaman is my first healer.
    In bgs its been AMAZING.

Balinda defense? Healing rain, earth shield her, pick up anyone else who goes down.

Anything else with guildies aswell is awesome, really nothing wrong with it.