Thread: 2v2 Basics

2v2 Basics

Hi there, I am extremely new to arenas as well as the Rogue class. I have never taken arenas seriously but recently my friend has pulled me in. I am currently running a 2v2 with Frost Mage/ Mutilate Rogue and I am just looking for somewhere with possibly a basic guide on how to not suck as a rogue. The mage is a previous gladiator and I feel bad because he is really carrying me so I want to get better!

Any help would be great. I have been google searching my butt off but just cant seem to find a "Beginner's Guide to Rogue Arenaing"

Thanks in advance,
    Bumblebeez

Hey mate, a great place to look is arenajunkies, that have guides most likely for that particular step up. Written by other players who know the comps well. Check it out.

Deleted
    Since your partner is a gladiator, you should start out by asking him for a few tips, i know he's a mage, but at the very least he can teach you how mages avoid rogues, and bearing that in mind, come up with a counter to those tactics, thats already a good start, otherwise, you could check out arenajunkies like Shuford said.

Communication is the biggest hurdle. Knowing when to kidney when to run when to evasion etc. This all comes from experience and getting used to playing with someone. What loses games is using kidney right when your partner deep freezes. You have to learn how to line these things up.

Quote Originally Posted by Revelosh View Post
    Since your partner is a gladiator, you should start out by asking him for a few tips, i know he's a mage, but at the very least he can teach you how mages avoid rogues, and bearing that in mind, come up with a counter to those tactics, thats already a good start, otherwise, you could check out arenajunkies like Shuford said.
    You are really lucky to get a gladiator partner if you're starting up, he can likely teach you a few things. Just be open minded and don't ever go "omg he has better gear, better class, lucky" etc. This shit happens and there's nothing you can do, but I like to blame my own mistakes and thinking that the opponent was good for beating me.

Learning positioning and timing will also take a lot of time but in the end, it's worth it. Also knowing every classes abilities (at LEAST the major ones) will help.

Go arenajunkies. There's lots of shit/smacktalk going and you can't even post in most of the areas but reading it daily keeps you up with things.

GL

Hey thanks for the great responses! I posted this exact same thing on ArenaJunkies and received only one reply. I'll do more searching through their threads to find more information A quick question though since everyone here is so helpful. Are rogues wearing pvp gear or are we sticking to Heroic gear? I am almost done with full heroic just replacing a few more pieces but I also have an almost complete heroic set.

ONce again thanks for the help,
    Bumble

Deleted
    you should go with PvP gear, since the damage is pretty high and you will probably be nuked since your the rogue

Deleted
    hey , not sure if this site is allowed to be linked here or anything lol but http://www.mmowned.com/forums/world-...clysm-pvp.html is a pretty decent guide for start up rogues.

Don't be afraid to run out of the battle if you get onto low hp, bandage, eat mage food, restealth while your mage ccs the enemy team to prevent them reaching you.

This is one of the staples of mage/rogue double dps as you will not be recieving any heals from your partner so just call on skype/whatever that you need some assistance in escaping.

also try to follow the kill targets that he calls, and if he requests a switch, vanish if it's available and reopen on the switch target with an appropriate opener (mostly garotte nowadays I find, unless target is non caster ie. warrior/rogue, in which case I generally cheapshot)

Keeping recuperate on yourself is fantastic.

Half man, Half amazin'.

Quote Originally Posted by grefvling View Post
    you should go with PvP gear, since the damage is pretty high and you will probably be nuked since your the rogue
    Not to bash on a new user or anything but i find this to be a very strange first time post in an somewhat old thread...

ask your mage how to play a rogue derp. if he has glad he MUST have basic playstyle knowledge of every class.. either that or hes a harrypottercleave gcdhacking badiator