Thread: Chaos orb price

Deleted

Chaos orb price

Well, I'm whit a couple orbs sitting in the bank, and they could be put to some profit whit my BS, so could you guys tell me what would be an average price per orb?

500g per seems to be the going price on my server. Seems reasonable.

In my guild we go with 150/orb to guildies and 3-400 for every outsider.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well.. aren't chaos orb like...Soulbound?
    or is it just me just being blind?

probably as in tip for orb

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TarzoEzio View Post
    Yes they are. Last I saw, they are still soulbound, and I haven't seen anything about hotfixes removing the soulbound nature of the orbs.

Unless they are talking about how much he should charge to make stuff for people using his own orbs, which might make sense; people would charge for making crafted epics in TBC with their own primal nether until those finally had their BoP nature changed.
    "If you are ever asking yourself 'Is Trump lying or is he stupid?', the answer is most likely C: All of the Above" - Seth Meyers

15+ Year Old Account
    Well... aren't chaos orbs like.... crafting items for like.... BoE pieces.... like... yeah.

So, they do have an effective price, much like the rest of the mats do, and much like the other crafting items you have to pay a price for them.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Dude they mean to craft things for people and not to sell on the AH.... seriously some people just try to ruin a thread..

our server they have sold as high as 4-5k per orb
    CPU: Intel Core i7 2700k w/ h2O @4.5ghz (24/7) Mobo: ASUS p8z86 Deluxe gen3
    Memory: 16gb G Skill Ripjaws (DDR3 1600) Graphics: EVGA GTX 670 2gb
    PSU: Corsair AX850 Storage: OCZ Vertex 3 120 gb SSD, Hitachi 1.5tb
    Case: CM HAF 932 Advanced OS: Win. 7 Ult. x64

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Culi View Post
    Well, I'm whit a couple orbs sitting in the bank, and they could be put to some profit whit my BS, so could you guys tell me what would be an average price per orb?
    Craft the items yourself and sell em on ah. 5000g profit per epic, at least on my server.

I think he's looking for a reasonable price to charge for the item he makes with the orbs, so he's trying to figure out what a reasonable price per orb would be if they weren't bop and then put that price into the final price for what he's selling.

and fitting to my name....I don't quote the post i'm replying to v.v...
    Last edited by facepalm247; 2010-12-19 at 08:04 PM. Reason: ./facepalm moment

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Around 3,000g per orb on Zul'jin US - A. =/
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by facepalm247 View Post
    I think he's looking for a reasonable price to charge for the item he makes with the orbs, so he's trying to figure out what a reasonable price per orb would be if they weren't bop and then put that price into the final price for what he's selling.

and fitting to my name....I don't quote the post i'm replying to v.v...
    I think the smart ones of us already realized that already, I mean, it's quite obvious.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

Quote Originally Posted by e30Birdy View Post
    Dude they mean to craft things for people and not to sell on the AH.... seriously some people just try to ruin a thread..

our server they have sold as high as 4-5k per orb
    If I didn't know chaos orbs were soulbound, i would have thought the OP meant on AH as well. I could also have wondered if the OP didn't know they were soulbound. Besides, when I make stuff, I don't think about the individual items as having a cost when deciding the price of the finished product. If the crafted item is desirable, then you can charge more for it; and that is what gives the chaos orb its value. It didn't cost you anything but time to get the chaos orb, so it has no more value than pieces of trash you collected for a sculpture.

I am getting 1200g per orb/craft on my realm. Haven't had a single person question that price yet. Most just seem to be excited to get their epics.

Win7(64)Pro - Intel 3770K @ 4.5GHz - 4x4GB DDR3 G Skill Ripjaws X - XFX Radeon HD 7970 - Samsung EVO 500GB SSD

Quote Originally Posted by e30Birdy View Post
    Yes and you are one of those people. The person misunderstood. No need to be rude about it.

It depends upon your server. I usually look up the epics I can make in the AH, and take that price and divide by 4.

Depends on the server and the player. They are much rarer on crappy servers like mine but also people expect to buy them for like 200gold each because they are crappier players that want stuff for Wrath prices. Anyways, I would expect them to be worth around 3 to 5k each atm though that number will start to go down rather quickly within the next month (along with everything else) once most people are 85 and running heroics regularly etc etc.

An engineer from my server and I were talking about this tonight. We figured it depends on a few factors:

What profession the crafter has - If they are an engineer the orbs become useless for them very quickly (BoE guns is all they can make?) compared to a BS or Tailor etc.
    What role the crafter is - As the engineer said, it's a time investment. Tanks and healers have shorter queues so they can farm the orbs quicker.
    How the crafter prefers to queue - I've been getting lots of orbs because I run with guild groups and I'm the only one that can really use them atm. If you run with pugs you have a higher chance of being in a group of people with professions that use them.

It also depends on other, less interesting factors such as server, faction, days into expac, etc.