Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Savage leather farming spots

Hey, please share your savage leather farming spots with us.

I'm currently in need of alot of savage leather, but always get tempted to sell it as soon as i got some.

Though, some great farming spots I use are mostly on Mount Hyjal.
    Like the place with the twilight dragons, a small compact place in the south of hyjal where a lot of players do quests. The big amount of players combined with great respawn rates give a lot of skinnable mobs ^^. This area doesnt phase away either.

Then the charbringers, they respawn quite fast too and a lot of players are killing them. The problem is that this area has been phased away for me after I done some quests there. Same goes for the corehounds, which were also great to skin. So if you really feel like farming leather, DONT do the quests around those places.

Well, please post any good places you know I might make a map soon marking the places.

Akasha in Vashjir, almost instant respawn (it's a quest mob) and loads of other serpents around.
    Just don't kill her when you see people arounf who need her for the quest.

J

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jurimaxelf View Post
    Akasha in Vashjir, almost instant respawn (it's a quest mob) and loads of other serpents around.
    Just don't kill her when you see people arounf who need her for the quest.

J
    Naah, then I just hope they loot it, and arent skinners :P

Deleted
    Packs of bats in Deepholm. 8 bats with 5k hp flying around in packs. You can easily farm 25+ stacks of leather per hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Revyy View Post
    Packs of bats in Deepholm. 8 bats with 5k hp flying around in packs. You can easily farm 25+ stacks of leather per hour.
    as much as i hate to endorse it. this please don't come to my spot on detheroc :P

10+ Year Old Account
    WTF Revyy? 1 freaking forum post and you blow up my spot with it.

Currently I'd say the best place is indeed the bat packs in Deepholm, but if I were you I'd be looking for an alternative as the bat farming may soon be nerfed.

Also Revvy did nothing wrong, It's posted all over the Savage Leather link on WoWhead and nearly every skinner in the world knows about it. The reason it's so overpowered and needs a nerf is because over 8 skinners can be farming them non-stop without interupting or killing each other.
    Last edited by Clawtrocity; 2010-12-20 at 05:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    ...but if I were you I'd be looking for an alternative as the bat farming may soon be nerfed.
    Hope not, i've made a slaying there, i guess people on my server haven't figuered that out because I have free reign most of the time while waiting in heroic queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Clawtrocity View Post
    Also Revvy did nothing wrong
    Tongue in cheek

The dragonkin in Twilight Highlands/Hyjal seem to be good too

that was my spot too and not too many knew about it. some people dont check the comments on wowhead i guess. oh well...i got my LW up enough where i am not farming.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyberes View Post
    as much as i hate to endorse it. this please don't come to my spot on detheroc :P
    You must be lucky then -- Usually most of the time when I go there it's got 1 or 2 people always farming. Never seen you down there though.

so the bats indeed got nerfed.
    Whats the best new area for skinning guys? used to enjoy sholazar as there were always lots of roadkill to skin. Vash'jir is abit like that in the starting area but maybe there is a better area?

Deleted
    Sad that the bats got nerfed, were kinda like the "mammoths" in Borean

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I usually farms the Mangy Hyenas around Obelisk of Stars in Uldum and when that spot is dry I go to Cradle of Ancients, also in Uldum

If you are below 82 i can recommend a nice spot where i even grinded from 82 to 83:
    Vashjir

Just do the starting quests (or only the first one if you are druid) and just kill the neutral mobs on the ground directly in the starting zone.
    They drop a lot of leather parts also, but its a nice location, since the npcs respawn very fast and the other factions spot is right next to the bushes.

Also, you can just follow questers to just skin their mobs. Everybody starts with this quest in vashjir.

My favourite spot is Obsidian Forest (or what's-the-name) in Twilight Highlands. The dragokin give a good balance between leather and dragonscales.

Lost city, 2 tiger packs at the start. Kill, reset, win.

Tol Barad pennisula(i think) - anyway its the part u get when u win TB - there is a quest there to slay 8 crocs, so every1 does it so there should be a lot of dead crocs to skin - if im lucky and ppl are looting then i can get around 100-160 savage leather in about 20-30 mins - if not many are looting then its around 60-80 in the same time

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaarheid View Post
    Lost city, 2 tiger packs at the start. Kill, reset, win.
    Not all classes can solo that in a fashion that's profitable (time-wise). Mages, for example... the tamers don't reflect any of the damage and you end up having to kill each tiger yourself, along with the tamer. It ends up taking as much time to solo as it does to just solo tag neutral mobs in Twilight Highlands, which is doable with much less risk factor.

Quote Originally Posted by LQDMTL View Post
    Not all classes can solo that in a fashion that's profitable (time-wise). Mages, for example... the tamers don't reflect any of the damage and you end up having to kill each tiger yourself, along with the tamer. It ends up taking as much time to solo as it does to just solo tag neutral mobs in Twilight Highlands, which is doable with much less risk factor.
    CC the mob instead, and vanish, run out etc.