Poll: Drop Rate Per Mob?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by ruzhy6 View Post
    Actually you failed at math tbh. Mainly just the way you stated it however. We'll take the dice example. Rolling a dice has a 1/6 chance of landing on 6. However, rolling the dice 6 times in a row, receiving 6 on each roll, is a (1/6)^6 chance. Having that same dice roll 6 again, would have an exponentially less chance to occur. Given the entire order of what has happened before.

Therefore, IF an epic had a 90% chance to not drop, it would only have a (.9)^10 % chance to not drop off any of them. Which is about a 34.9% chance to happen with 10 mobs.
    Some fail math here as well. Rolling 6 6's in a row is highly unlikely yes. But when you finally do it the next roll after that has an equal chance for each one of the outcomes 1,2,3,4,5,6

Deleted
    We get a fair few, sometimes could be 3-5 on a full clear, sometimes even more, but dammit those cloth bracers haven't dropped once!

two weeks ago we had 2 boe epics drop off halfus trash and this week we had 2 boe epics drop off valiona trash. not that i'm complaining though.. we got the caster bracers and staff this week and i was the only clothie in the group. considering i got my robes off halfus this week too, i was one very happy spriest! lol they'll probably end up nerfing the droprate though. =\

Started farming this morning. 20 clears later we had 20Boe's .
    i walked out with 2x Unheeded Warnings, 1xPlate tanking shoulders, 2x Soul Blades, 1x Strength dps ring and 1x Crossfire Carbine
    Only issue with our success is i foresee us killing the BOE market on our realm as all the prices have tanked
    Last edited by Roxbury; 2011-02-01 at 06:12 AM.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've been in groups doing 10man trash clears, had reasonable luck,
    I'm wondering tho, if the drop rates are higher on 25man, how much harder is the trash?
    Thinking if it's still CCable, then could ~10 peeps clear the trash?
    (maybe excluding the silencing groups)