Deleted

Chimaeron bugged?

We've been trying Chimaeron tonight for the first time and we have the mechanics down pretty much but sometimes Feud is just insane. We've tried getting everybody to 100% and it's not happening. We're using EVERYTHING and even our Elemental Shaman is putting healing rain up.. We can't heal it up. We've also had Chimaeron do a few freakish 200k+ hits and then another 100k hit within the same second (according to recount). In my books that isn't heal-able at all.

With Feud I'm not so sure what it is. We're stacking up directly on top of each other ready to split the damage, me and the other 2 healers are doing pretty insane HPS (using everything we have) and we can't heal people up.. They just seem to stick around 60% HP and then get one shot. A part from these two issues we've had random raid members get hit with Caustic Slime & Massacre straight after which obviously means they died.

Are we missing something really simple, having really shit luck or is it bugged?

Try to use CD's during Feud (Divine Hymn / Tranquility / Healthstone) and drop Elemental Resistance totem (for Nature resistance), and that 2 hits are from his double attack ability, he gets a buff and the next hit will cause a 2nd hit (similiar to wf, also called trash ability). everyone needs to be 70k-80k (probably even more, if possible) when the 1st Caustic Slime hits, else you get problem to heal the 2nd or 3rd.

Tanks should taunt if he gets that double attack buff, else it's very likely that your current tank will die.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kralljin View Post
    Try to use CD's during Feud (Divine Hymn / Tranquility / Healthstone) and drop Elemental Resistance totem (for Nature resistance), and that 2 hits are from his double attack ability, he gets a buff and the next hit will cause a 2nd hit (similiar to wf, also called trash ability). everyone needs to be 70k-80k (probably even more, if possible) when the 1st Caustic Slime hits, else you get problem to heal the 2nd or 3rd.

Tanks should taunt if he gets that double attack buff, else it's very likely that your current tank will die.
    This has helped us a lot :P thanks. My only problem now is that Nourish is too slow and doesn't heal enough.. and regrowth costs too much mana -.-

200k+ hits sounds like his double attack, which requires a tank swap. The rest of the fight sounds like it's working as intended. It's a healer/tank swap check... takes practice! 60% health is usually more than enough to survive the hits during feud, unless you have people dead/not stacked.

This fight requires healers to learn how to heal a different way... and I think it's pretty awesome, personally.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Are you not stacking right? At first our raid had an issue where we were "WotLK stacking", once we figured out that the slime has a fairly small radius and we actually stacked, suddenly it was easier to heal >_> sort of a wake up call, "getting close to someone else then keep dpsing" is not stacking.
    My only other advice is call out tank swaps very clearly, and blow through lots of raid cooldowns during that phase.

Deleted
    You don't have to top people off during feud , in fact it's waste of mana to do so (since it's followed by a massacre anyway). Just make sure they live.

For double attacks, rotate tank cooldowns with stuff like lay on hands/angel and make sure to do proper tank switching.
    Last edited by mmoc8cef9639a0; 2010-12-20 at 08:11 AM.

As others said, Make sure you are STACKED and not close to each other. As a prot Pally I am able to use Holy radiance every Feud and the Dps who can (ele sham in our case) also throws down Rain.

Feud wasn't our biggest problem actually :P It was when the boss had double attack ready before doing a massacre.

Queue Double attack ->Massacre -> Feud -> Massacre -> Double attack

I was the Offtank and since im a Pally I could alternate Cooldowns with the priest to survive the double attack (with LOH or AD for my part). It's kinda hard on mana to Top a tank in 2 seconds
    Last edited by Stevanized; 2010-12-20 at 05:53 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Stevanized View Post
    As others said, Make sure you are STACKED and not close to each other. As a prot Pally I am able to use Divine hymn every Feud and the Dps who can (ele sham in our case) also throws down Rain.

Feud wasn't our biggest problem actually :P It was when the boss had double attack ready before doing a massacre.

Queue Double attack ->Massacre -> Feud -> Massacre -> Double attack

I was the Offtank and since im a Pally I could alternate Cooldowns with the priest to survive the double attack (with LOH or AD for my part). It's kinda hard on mana to Top a tank in 2 seconds
    Prot pallies have divine hymn?

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Prot pallies have divine hymn?
    Yeah It was in the last patch didn't you hear??

Nah I meant Holy radiance... Stupid me .

Fixed now