Deleted

Getting kicked from a random HC

I just got kicked from ToT (hc) daily random. Reason: unknown. We were just playing along nicely, wiped once on lady. We killed a few bosses and got to the elemental room (the ones with Swell buff). The mage /w's me not to purge it because he wants to spellsteal it. Ok fine I won't touch it, so both the mages steal it and they both die of aggro. I survived(<3wolves). The mage asks me to ress him, to which I respond: No mana, you should have made some cookies @ the start btw. So I sit down and get some mana, start ressing but when I'm nearly done I see a loading screen and I'm out. I went to their realm to ask him what this was all about, I got an /ignore and no reponse.

Is the fact I asked for cookies evil and should I have been kicked for pointing that out?

They must have been nerd raging cause you were "suggesting" them to help out their group by making cake...
    Nerd Raging at it's best. :P

85 - 85 - 83 - 42 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80 - 80

Deleted
    /sigh it makes me sad 1.5 hours wasted and my daily random failed. From now on I'm /ignoring any1 I play with in randoms, fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Rubzje View Post
    /sigh it makes me sad 1.5 hours wasted and my daily random failed. From now on I'm /ignoring any1 I play with in randoms, fixed.
    I think that won't decrease the chance you're kicked at all...

10+ Year Old Account
    He was pist of something else .... but why do people still kick? This is hard so get used to it ffs

Stolen ... from elyssia .... mad elyssia?

Same thing happen to me.

A group of idiots ask me to take one for the team because they need more CC. I told them that all the dungeon is doable with one CC. The only time you need more CC is Heroic.

At the same time, the healer does not know that there are Aoe Effect in HoO.

I only run with two guildies, so no matter how many wipes (although, there hasn't been one yet, but a few deaths when I had to make decisions about who was going to live or die - I'm the healer - some bosses finished up with just me and the tank alive), no kicks. On the flip side, we don't kick underperformers either. Everyone deserves a chance, and I am saddened by the kick feature, but also by it's necessity (to get rid of people who intentionally wipe groups/ninja - the fact that people exist who would do this is equally saddening).
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Quote Originally Posted by Janaa View Post
    I only run with two guildies, so no matter how many wipes (although, there hasn't been one yet, but a few deaths when I had to make decisions about who was going to live or die - I'm the healer - some bosses finished up with just me and the tank alive), no kicks. On the flip side, we don't kick underperformers either. Everyone deserves a chance, and I am saddened by the kick feature, but also by it's necessity (to get rid of people who intentionally wipe groups/ninja - the fact that people exist who would do this is equally saddening).
    Even under-performers with whom it is clear you simply will not have the DPS to kill the boss before one of the many 'soft enrage' mechanics ensures a wipe? Or what about a tank (assuming you do not always supply your own) who, despite try after try, is *still* not correctly adjusting to the boss' mechanics?

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    Even under-performers with whom it is clear you simply will not have the DPS to kill the boss before one of the many 'soft enrage' mechanics ensures a wipe? Or what about a tank (assuming you do not always supply your own) who, despite try after try, is *still* not correctly adjusting to the boss' mechanics?
    We can make up for low DPSers. In my guild 3-man groups, we've never had anyone intentionally try to wipe us - if we did we'd likely kick them, as a last resort after asking them to stop. Our group supplies the tank, healer and one DPS. And my tank has many faults (he doesn't like marking mobs, because it's too much effort, so I generally have to heal through the hard pulls which are meant to be CCd - and he likes maximising his DPS, which again - means grouping up mobs which are meant to be CCd.. and he wonders why I have to drink after every pull... ) but we succeed and that's all that matters.

As long as we win, there's really nothing else that matters. If someone is underperforming, we can generally make up for it. If a tank is underperforming, I can generally make up for it. If I'm underperforming - well, the group would wipe. You may like to kick people as a first action, and consider it too "hard" to tell someone what they should be doing. I treat kicks as an absolute last resort, and haven't had to use any in Cata normals or heroics yet. It's just a matter of different temperaments, really. I've always been happy to explain boss/trash mechanics to every single group I run with, if they need it. OTOH, some groups would kick someone just for asking a question.
    Quote Originally Posted by DSRilk View Post
    The true measure of a person is how they act when they know they won't get caught.

Mages die of agro?

You're better off without them.

I've been kicked once, when I think I "wasn't healing enough". It's been a long time and can't really remember it. Felt shitty back then, but well shit does happen.

Kicked a few my self, but not after giving them time.

Nr. 1 reason to kick is not replying in partychat/emotes. I hate it if they don't communicate or don't listen to the tactics.

When people do good I tell them. Sometimes personally sometimes in party chat.

All I need is development. Like a tank's first run on steelbender. Well I can accept 5 wipes as long as he understands what needs to be done and gets better in it.
    When he just yells go go go and does not even listen to tactics -> out with him. I don't need ignorant selfish people.

Mostly even in pugs we end up managing all the heroics. All you need is patience and a lot of party talk.

PS: I love giving instructions Especially if people listen, do it and succeed with it from the first try when they've never done it before .

i only kick ppl if your dont learn after a couple of wipes (2-4)

Deleted
    possible reason why you got kicked:
    that mage cant stand criticism (most people dont), so he started a votekick. the others didnt read it and just clicked yes. thats what happens most of the time people get kicked i guess.

edit: if you want cookies, simply whisper the mage at the beginning of the instance next time. personally i can say that i always summon them the "old" way except when everyone in the group is a manaclass.