Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Torahn View Post
    I had a restoration shaman take a Mace of Transformed Bone in a random group. It was 4 people from the same guild and me in the random, and 3 of them need rolled on it while I was tanking. I wound up getting it a few days later in a guild run, but just goes to show you that the door swings both ways.
    The people you were with probably just had everyone that could, roll need, so that the person who was with them who, actually does need it could have it. I do it all the time with guildies. Agi trinket drops, I'll need it to give to MY hunter or rogue friend, instead of the pug feral druid...

Ok i have seen this thread before....when do we start talking about how tanks are elitist jerks who ninja gear...hmm usually by post 50 i would think. I will come back later to light the tank flames. >.>

Im surprised no one has called him a "wrath baby" by now.

If it has dodge or parry it is tank gear. If it has crit it is DPS gear. If it does not have any of those stats then it is fair game for tanks or DPS.

There are a lot of ppl in guilds that don't have many ppl to run with, aren't on at the same time as you, or are undergeared for heroics so they que for randoms. Yea you're probably thinking "get a better guild" but most of the "better" guilds have an appication process to wait through. I'm sure he doesn't wanna sit in SW for 3-4 days waiting for a guild invite so he can get gear.

So ya, to sit in que for 30-45 min as a dps then to get a piece of gear taken by a tank really pisses me off. If no other dps rolls need then by all means go for it to lvl ur OS. But don't need off the start when others need it. Y'all hate it when a dps rolls need on your gear so why do it to us?

All of you sayin theres nothin wrong with it or the lazy response "well get guildies bahabahabaha" are exactly the kind of arrogant pricks the WoW community doesn't need.

I roll as DPS gear every time I want, even tho I am queued as tank. I don't roll on BOTH tank and DPS gear tho. If I am not planning to need on tank gear as main spec, I say it before to start the run: I am gonna need on DPS gear as main spec.
    If you think it's unfair, you need to think a bit more deeply.

Deleted
    Guys i think i know the problem and its not qq"ing at each other i believe the solution relies purely on blizzs behalf.

2 words= Dungeon Disenchant when blizz brought this in in wrath not only did it totally wipe out the chance for enchanters to make some serious dosh but.....

As to tanks needing for dps gear lemme cast a scenario: random hc pug clothy healer x2 clothy dps 1x plate dps and a 1x plate tank.
    Now when plate dps gear drops unless you have already arranged it and have a enchanter onboard for DE then tell no one to de on gear. But if not i have spoken to many tanks and they have said if they dont need the clothies will de it and then its gone scenario^, but personally myself i tell the grp im needing for os this means theres no chance of it getting DE, and if the plate dps needs it but i won it he can have it if i missed seeing him roll for it !

simple solution remove disenchant or move it to a third tier so it goes MS>OS>DE at the moment DE and need share roll this i am sure would totally solve the problem ( not sure how it would work with droods on cloth gear just let them roll for both maybe )
    Last edited by mmoc50bf40230e; 2010-12-20 at 07:52 PM. Reason: Spellcheck :o

10+ Year Old Account
    If every piece has a role assigned to it and no main spec needs? Then you have to keep asking for someone to give you that piece (or just cuse because it was dissed already). I always wait for the mainspecers to need if they need and if they don't I'll just need (if I actually need for off-set).

To be honest, I'm really not sure what the all the fuss is about. The point about a "Greed" roll being the same as a "Disenchant" roll is a very valid point that I have run into myself. In previous raid experience we have always had three healers but sometimes only used two on paticular fights, and we expected them to have their off-spec geared. We expect them to be geared for both specs because this is how Blizzard has designed some raid encounters. This goes for our tanks as well, we always bring two but sometimes only need one. They need to be geared on their off-spec.

You don't need to do a guild only run to avoid this, you jump into trade and say "I am a tank LFG for heroics, I will only go in groups where I am the only person rolling on tank gear" or equally just take the first Mage, Warlock and Hunter and Priest healer that responds because you know they want the shorter route into dungeons, they would gladlly jump into a preformed group.

If you decide to use the LFG tool just for your convience then know the people are there for the same reason you are, to get gear. If they have a spec that needs a piece expect them to roll on it.