Defense system question!!

Quick question, currently doing the defense system and we keep getting him to 50%. I know that around 50 energy there is a type of "barrier" that goes on the boss. I usually end up hitting escape while the barrier is up because of the different things that happen...

Is that what I am supposed to do though? Should I just sit there and pop some cooldowns while I wait for the next golem to pop? Or can I attack?

Thanks in advance.

Just sit and wait for the next golem.

10+ Year Old Account
    The way the fight works is like this:
    You start the fight with one of the four golems, randomly, that golem has 100 energy. Once you pull, another golem will be charged up.
    His energy will run out during the fight, when he is at 50 energy, that charged golem golem will activate, another golem will start being charged up, the current golem will put a barrier on himself, stop all dps on that golem (yes even the tank), offtank has to go grab the new one, and when the energy reaches 0, a new golem will spawn.

To sum up:
    Golem A at 100 energy, new one being charge.
    Golem B spawn when golem A has 50 energy, Golem A puts up a barrier, new one being charged.
    Golem A hits 0 energy, golem C spawns, golem B hits 50 energy and puts a barrier up, new one being charged.
    Golem B hits 0 energy, golem D spawns, golem C hits 50 energy and puts a barrier up, golem A is being charged again.
    Rinse and repeat, the fight will keep going like that.
    You will always have 2 golems active, and another one recharging (except on pull). You want to attack the newly spawned golem (bold font).

As for the barriers, some are more dangerous than the others, but do not dps them.

Fire barrier, it has 15k health, and if its broken, it deals heavy fire damage on raid, lasts 10 seconds, then that tank can dps it again. A tip for this guy, try to not change the way he is facing, so the raid wont need to keep moving everytime he does his 4-direction aoe. And keep him in the middle of room, its easier to avoid the targeted flamethrower.
    Poison barrier, everytime you hit him, you get a stacking poison debuff, the barrier itself lasts 10 seconds, then you can dps him again. The best way i found to tank him, was to bring him to a corner when he is going to spawn slimes, that way, ranged dps has more room to attack them before they get too close. Make sure melee dps moves away while slimes are spawning, they can target melee and even a tank, dont be near them when they die, they explode for 100k.
    Arcane barrier, everytime you hit him, he gets a stacking +% damage done buff on himself, and the buff duration is refreshed (this one lasts 30 seconds, worst of them), this barrier can be purged/dispelled/spellstolen, and you should do so, so the current tank can stay dpsing him and if you can afford it, keep a tank and a melee dps interrupting him all times (safe to attack if the barrier is dispelled).
    Shock barrier, everytime you hit him, you get a 10 second debuff that hits everybody around you every 2 seconds for nature damage (similar to the debuff he puts randomly on raid members), lasts 10 seconds too.

Try to keep arcanotron near his own power generator (blue circle on ground), so your raid gets the benefit from it (extra dps and mana regen), and not the bosses.
    Last edited by shadowkras; 2010-12-20 at 05:09 AM.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.