Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

HSFK: Cant get past first boss. Am I the problem?

Ok, so I have ran HSFK 3 times, with 3 separate PUGs and we wipe on first boss, every time. I have watched the youtube videos, I know the boss has to be interrupted during a few of his spells otherwise he just heals himself and we get no where.

No one seems to get it tho? and we die. I dont think any of my interrupt abilities work, such as fear or w/e because its a boss.

So 3 Different groups, we all wipe. Common thread is me, Warlock w/ i330 gear. Is there something I can do besides just nuke for this boss to help everyone out? Or is this solely on the tank to perform an interrupt ability?

Join a guild, do it with people who know what to do.

What class are you?

Priest: Not really, that I know of.

Warlock: Felpuppy is your friend.

And it is never solely up to the tank to do interrupts, most especially on that boss. He will run out of cooldowns to interrupt with.

Never wiped on this, even when i had HoS on the tank and died to the aoe, i just ran back in into the instance killed it.. can't see how you can wipe on it

hmm. i dunno what you'r group is doing wrong. i have done the instance 2 times as enhancement shaman, not 1 wipe. infact, not even one death, on that boss.

have 2 interupters. 1 on the heal, 1 on everything ells.

as an enhancement shaman, right before he do the "throw everyone around in the air to they got 1 hp" phase, pop healing rain on the ground, use something, whatever, to absorb damage right after, and just in general use your self heals. i know some classes may not have these? but im pretty sure every class got some kind of self heal at this point in the game

atleast thats how i have done it, and it seems to work

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    /eyeroll + /sigh

Warlock + Pet = Interrupt.

My biggest suggestion is to work out with your group mates who interrupts what. There are 3 things that need to be stopped: his heal after asphyxiate, the mind-fly like ability that he casts on one person, and mend rotten flesh. I don't know what the cd on fel puppy interrupt is (or if it even works) but you could try it.

Interrupting on this fight is definitely not a tank only thing. Even as a healer, I'll watch out for missed kicks or what have you for the flay and mend rotten flesh.

One suggestion though, from a healing stand point, if the person in your group that is healing is either undergeared or not really up to par skill wise, let one MAYBE two "ticks" go off for the asphyxiate heal. Generally when I'm boomkin, I'll let the first tick go off then do my solar beam as it will hit just as the 2nd one hits. You don't want too much of the heal to go out, but it can take pressure off of the healer if they themselves are having a hard time with it.

I doubt its only you. So you are DPS i guess? In that case you simply should nuke the boss, yes, and interrupt Mend rotten Flesh and Pain and Suffering. Stay of Execution should also be interrupted but - to make things alot easier for your healer - give it a moment. One or Two ticks maybe to be sure, so the group has enough life to not instantly die from Pain and Suffering. Other then that there isnt anything you could have been doing wrong.

people can say omgawds go with people who know what to do but hey ive gone in with 4 people i had run like 12 heroics with and sfk destroyed our group we had a rogue ret(me) disc priest and a warrior and the og was a dk.

the interupts are the hardest we were on this boss for like 45 mins cause we kept missing mend rotten flesh. end interupts on the fight me 12 rogue 6 and the dk on like 2 tank 0 preist 0.

all about interupts you miss one heal your in for long fight in angelic form you dont need to worry about interupts so you only have to interupt something like 8 heals and 4 pain and sufferings.
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Yes, as I said in my OP. Demo Warlock ilvl 330 gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Schinto View Post
    That might be easy for you to do, but not everyone has that as an option. Besides, with Cata being so new, not everyone, even guilds knows all of the instances yet. There are still plenty of people out there trying to get their chance to learn the instances, and perhaps 'joining a guild w/people who know what to do' is easy for you, but many guilds are extremely picky about who can or cannot join their group.

the fights stupid easy, and you only need two classes with a 10sec or less CD interrupt.

me: "<player with interrupt 1> interrupt right after he casts asphyxiation, he ALWAYS starts casting a heal immediately after, interrupt that."
    me: "I'll interrupt the other thing, just worry about that one right after asphyxiation"

Im a dk tank, untill about 60% hp I interrupt pain and suffering when I can, after that I just save it for mend rotten flesh, I had a pug earlier that was the other interrupt, and went flawlessly.

the boss is fundamentally broken imo.

his difficulty scales not with player skill, but how many interrupts you can stack into your group.

Quote Originally Posted by SoundOfGuns View Post
    "So you are DPS i guess?"
    Besides DPS, what else would a Warlock be?? Maybe I am missing something, but I thought ranged DPS was really about the only thing a Warlock could do!

Quote Originally Posted by Vyncent View Post
    Besides DPS, what else would a Warlock be?? Maybe I am missing something, but I thought ranged DPS was really about the only thing a Warlock could do!
    thats why they invented bandages that can heal for 45k?
    Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler

If you are trying to AE tank and a bad dps is attacking the wrong target and dies, we call that justice.

Quote Originally Posted by DMac84 View Post
    Ok, so I have ran HSFK 3 times, with 3 separate PUGs and we wipe on first boss, every time. I have watched the youtube videos, I know the boss has to be interrupted during a few of his spells otherwise he just heals himself and we get no where.

No one seems to get it tho? and we die. I dont think any of my interrupt abilities work, such as fear or w/e because its a boss.

So 3 Different groups, we all wipe. Common thread is me, Warlock w/ i330 gear. Is there something I can do besides just nuke for this boss to help everyone out? Or is this solely on the tank to perform an interrupt ability?
    Considering you apparently have no idea how the fight works I would say yes, your analysis is correct: you are the problem. It's really not hard to look at a boss' spells and apply that stuff you call 'brain power' and figure out how to do fights. It's even easier to go to YouTube and have someone spoon-feed you all the answers.

(User was warned for this post - Reason: Overly hostile/agressive)
    Last edited by mmoc2e3dee3473; 2010-12-20 at 07:17 AM.

I'm yet to enter a group that doesn't just faceroll this. I'm not trolling or trying to be an ass but you'd have to be stupidly unlucky to get a group without at least 2 ways to stop a cast. If players aren't able to use their interupts at key moments in a fight (it's not exactly a hard mechanic) it's not really the encounter, it's the players.

I mean, seriously, in a group with a couple of interupts it took HOW long to press a button to interupt a cast within a 2/3 second window?!
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

Quote Originally Posted by DMac84 View Post

some tanks have unpredictable interrupts or they are on long cooldowns, such as paladins, sure avengers can interrupt but it is in our main rotation, and hoj is on a 1min cd so its very unreliable

This boss is faceroll. Every class has a interupt of some sort.

Healing is a joke too.

This boss is all about interupts....something that Wrath dungeons did not require. For some people this is as hard as juggling chainsaws while jumping on a trampoline blindfolded and receiting the alpabhet backwards in German. It's an extremely irritating boss in pugs to say the least...all I can say is assign an ability to interupt to each person that can interupt...if they can't do that remove the idiot that can't do their part because you will NOT be able to kill him if say mend flesh goes off every damn time.