Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    Thing is that people in pugs, instead of researching what to do and thinking they may be part of the problem, just decide that everyone else is fail and that's why they keep wiping so they find another pug, best way is to find a guild that knows what they're doing

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    people can say omgawds go with people who know what to do but hey ive gone in with 4 people i had run like 12 heroics with and sfk destroyed our group we had a rogue ret(me) disc priest and a warrior and the og was a dk.
    the interupts are the hardest we were on this boss for like 45 mins cause we kept missing mend rotten flesh. end interupts on the fight me 12 rogue 6 and the dk on like 2 tank 0 preist 0.
    Sorry but thats really fail, so many interrupt classes and you still took 45 mins to take it down? Mend rotten flesh is not so hard to miss. It's actually easy as hell if you just take your eyes off your dps buttons for a sec and focus on waiting for Mend.

15+ Year Old Account
    Warlock use your felpuppy but you do need more then 1 dps or tank with a interrupt because of the 2 spells heck i today interrupted the mend flesh as a healer yes i had a good amount of healing to do but that spell needs to be interrupted its not your fault if your the only one trying.. but yes fear will not work as a interrupt on that fight.

I once got HSFK in a pug of a holy priest a shadow priest and two surv hunters we couldn't beat the first boss to save our lives.
    Quote Originally Posted by John Silver
    "Now, you listen to me, James Hawkins. You got the makings of greatness in you, but you got to take the helm and chart your own course. Stick to it, no matter the squalls! And when the time comes you get the chance to really test the cut of your sails, and show what you're made of! Well, I hope I'm there, catching some of the light coming off you that day."

15+ Year Old Account
    I got kicked from a run for missing a single interrupt on this boss because I chose to cast a game saving LoH on the tank. I got kicked, apparently I didn't know how to play my class in a group full of interrupters, when in our 3 or so attempts I was the only one to interrupt. At all.

But, this is one fight I'd say the others are more at fault than you.
    -Retribution, the path of the protector or mender brought to it's natural conclusion; destroying evil before the weak need to be shielded from it, and before it can wound the innocent.
    Fix My DPS | Fix My Heals | Fix My Tanking |

WoW Level Scaling Feature

10+ Year Old Account
    Warsaw, Poland, Europe, Earth, The Milky Way
    Everyone knew this would happen. The longer you waited with doing random LFG after the launch, the higher was the propability of getting idiots into your groups (the people who got to 85 during the first 2-4 days were mostly skilled, I'd say. At least I had no idiots in random dungeons/HCs after I dinged 85). Now, almost 2 weeks after the launch, you have two options:
    1) Find at least two more people who want to do dungeons with you and are skilled. Believe me, 3/5 skilled people is mostly enough, especially if you go with a tank and a healer. Can't get any better.
    2) Wait until those scrubs L2P or quit the game.

#2 may take some time. I don't know, I do 99% of my dungeon runs with friends now. When I'm not online (I'm a tank) and they are forced to play with random LFG tanks, they tell me that 99% of them are idiots and/or people in dps gear/spec thining that they tank (those aren't necessary idiots, they might be misinformed. Not calling it acceptable, though).
    Once again, I recommend option #1.
    Quote Originally Posted by kamikaze148 View Post
    One cannot simply walk into Mulgore...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by _Khasim_ View Post
    Everyone knew this would happen. The longer you waited with doing random LFG after the launch, the higher was the propability of getting idiots into your groups (the people who got to 85 during the first 2-4 days were mostly skilled, I'd say. At least I had no idiots in random dungeons/HCs after I dinged 85). Now, almost 2 weeks after the launch, you have two options:
    1) Find at least two more people who want to do dungeons with you and are skilled. Believe me, 3/5 skilled people is mostly enough, especially if you go with a tank and a healer. Can't get any better.
    2) Wait until those scrubs L2P or quit the game.

#2 may take some time. I don't know, I do 99% of my dungeon runs with friends now. When I'm not online (I'm a tank) and they are forced to play with random LFG tanks, they tell me that 99% of them are idiots and/or people in dps gear/spec thining that they tank (those aren't necessary idiots, they might be misinformed. Not calling it acceptable, though).
    Once again, I recommend option #1.
    Not really i ran 6 random heroics to day and only 1 failed. Its kinda luck based right now but i enjoy the harder pug feel.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a DK tank, I interrupt Stay of Execution after judging how much the healer can take, if I interrupt it immediately, and the healer can't top everyone off, it's almost a guaranteed wipe. I normally ask another melee dps, either a Rogue/Warrior/DK to interrupt Mend Rotten Flesh, other than those, the fight is mostly a tank and spank, and shouldn't be much of an issue. If you're a Lock I reccomend interrupted Mend Rotten Flesh whenever you see the cast, don't risk it, as the fight drags on the shadow debuff stacks up and phase 2 (Dark Angel form) might be unhealable for your healer.

I never let the DPS interrupt SoE because I had this one time where the DPS interrupted immediately, I had DS up and Rune Tap but the DPS got hit by Pain & Suffering almost immediately and was too low.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    This boss is faceroll. Every class has a interupt of some sort.

Healing is a joke too.
    And you're in a top 100 guild bla bla. Stop hating because some people have a harf time pugging them. I do agree they're not hard if you have 5 competent players.. The new HC's are all about patience.

If you're in a group with long cd interrupts, know that pain and suffering can in fact be cleansed. just be sure to get mend rotting flesh and 1-2 ticks of stay at the execution.

Quote Originally Posted by Krekko View Post
    I got kicked from a run for missing a single interrupt on this boss because I chose to cast a game saving LoH on the tank. I got kicked, apparently I didn't know how to play my class in a group full of interrupters, when in our 3 or so attempts I was the only one to interrupt. At all.

But, this is one fight I'd say the others are more at fault than you.
    Were you using LoH after Asphyxiate? If so then yes - you deserved the kick - everyone is low on health, tanks have CDs for that type of situation. You're job is to help with interrupts.

If it wasn't after that and the healer just fails at healing then ignore this post and carry on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lansworthy
    Deathwing will come and go RAWR RAWR IM A DWAGON
    Quote Originally Posted by DirtyCasual View Post
    There's no point in saying this, even if you slap them upside down and inside out with the truth, the tin foil hat brigade will continue to believe the opposite.

Rofl @ wotlk heroes!

Two things: This is spam. This is insulting.
    It's a warning this time but in the future it won't be. - Simca
    Last edited by Simca; 2010-12-20 at 07:35 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    This boss is faceroll. Every class has a interupt of some sort.

Healing is a joke too.
    Class? Yes.

Spec? No.

15+ Year Old Account
    Ya healing this boss is easy at least for a shaman and one who knows about the massive aoe damage right before he dies. But if its your 1st time i dont think it is as you call it "easy" Yes the more you do something it becomes easy because you already know what is going to happen when its going to happen.

You definitely need to interrupt mend rotting flesh. That has priority. Also, let stay execution tick twice before you kick.

You're going to have fun on Commander Springvale.

Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post
    You're going to have fun on Commander Springvale.
    Thankfully he can be skipped!

Seriously though, you can't expect a single warlock to interrupt 2 heals and optionally 1 channelled bad-ass spell.

I often run with guildies and being a mage, I usually coordinate with the tank and he takes the stay of excecution and the channeled damaging spell (can't remember the name) and I take Mend Flesh. Since I have a long CD on my CP, he usually has to take Mend Flesh as well while I take stay of execution.

It's all about what you can do for your group. I hate people that can interrupt but they didn't since it wasn't their turn. For whatever reason I failed to interrupt, can't you pick up the slack?

Deleted
    Interupt rotting flesh that is the main thing you need to do before everything else. Also when everyone gets down to 1 percent health healing the tank is your priority for now but put some HoTs up on the other people in the party as they will need the heals before he reaches 30 percent.
    30 percent -> Goes into his dark-angel form and everyone needs healed beyond 90 percent health just to keep them safe because a constant AoE is up. You want something harder? try Springvale he is near impossible with a PuG :/

I lost a WoW friend over Commander Springvale. No joke.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magellanmini View Post
    ? try Springvale he is near impossible with a PuG :/
    What's hard about killing adds and moving out of AoE? :S

The only thing really needed to be interrupted is his Mend Rotten Flesh since tank can manage his interrupt for Stay of Execution ( our tank is paladin also ) and Pain and Suffering can just be easily dispelled by the healer.

just remeber to bring everyone health up a bit before entering the 2nd phase