Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    I never get SFK when I queue as dps. Instead I get it when I choose to tank. Usually the group then consists of noobs that leave the lethal abilities go through but instead interrupt the AoE heal before first tick goes through, leaving us all at 1 hp and resulting to me getting 1-shot.

It seems to me that most players with interrupts are too dumb to use them to save their lives, from PvP to heroics. Especially warriors and DKs. They have no CC or support abilities and they fail at the one thing that justifies them being dps, this way making themselves completely worthless - especially when most of the time their dps is crap too. These are also the guys who you see letting the enemy healer cast massive 3-sec heals unhindered in battlegrounds. That is, if their lonely brain cell even registers the presence of a healer while they are happily popping all cooldowns trying to down that prot warrior.

A couple of days ago I was tanking in my prot pally offspec and got a rogue in the group. After 2 heroics I had done 100% of all interrupts - about 35 at that point - and people probably know that prot palas don't really have a reliable interrupt ability; instead it's bound to other spells, which have GCD and long cooldowns. He didn't interrupt a single trash mob heal, not a single boss cast, nothing. Even after notified he got one interrupt through. The concentration required for that stressed his small brains so much that it caused him to die in a pool of green slime two seconds later.
    Im a fury warrior, and my support abilities are:

1.sunder armor, reduces enemy armor (great for any melee and hunters)
    2.Demo-shout, decreases enemy AP (helps your tank survive)
    3.Furious attacks, makes my white hits decrease healing done to target by 10% (Pretty usable in the encounter we discuss)
    4.piercing howl, dazes enemys in an aoe radie (makes me able to kite)
    5. defensive stance & a in combat equipable shield (makes me able to off-tank and save the party if the tank would die at a trashpull)
    6.Pummel, can interup anything thats not protected by a grey frame.
    7. Battleshout and comanding shout, the first is a agi/str buff, the other is a stamina buff.
    8. rampage, 5% crit buff to the whole party.

I use at least 6 of those every fight, tell me... Do you realy have more support abilites "justifiing you being a dps" than me when you roll retri?

And the complain about our dps? Im SMF-fury whit 341 ilvl, i do never drop under 10k dps in a 5-man hc, and on bossfights i do an average 14k.
    retri pallys however seem to be the lowest melee class there is, or else ive never ever played whit a ret which acctualy knows his class.

Thank you
    //Narw

Edit: forgot about the most important things, buffshouts and rampage
    Last edited by narwaana; 2010-12-20 at 02:21 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    The problem i had is that the healer goes oom rly fast and he just cant keep up the aoe at the end D:

BTW grim batol hc last boss is impossible! If you have ranged in your group, they wont move from the boss' bolts, if you have melee, it will be hard with the adds and doing some damage during the swirly storm phase. On randoms, we wipe at 99% becouse the boss just heals himself, on a guild group we wiped on max 60%, becouse the healer just cant heal for that long. Anyway, you guys found an easy way to handle him?
    Adds are piece of cake you can slow them so you need one guy to slow down the one of the adds till other 2 guys deal with the other one.Melees have enough of time to deal with adds they coming from entrance always other problem is where tank hold the boss Also you not need to worry about dps drop due storm this isnt that important fight isnt a dps race with the boss.And if ranged dint avoid the small whirls around vote to kick (sorry for the OT)
    Anyway this boss is really tricky you need 2 interrupters for him or no chances for your luck from tanks only bears are bad interrupters .So you need 1 interrupter more.
    And btw miss cant be happen on interrupts if you have hit cap respective expertise cap for melees (actually i dint see mob to dodge or parry pummel so dunno about expertise here )
    Last edited by mmoc2b5ad7a33a; 2010-12-20 at 12:41 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    people can say omgawds go with people who know what to do but hey ive gone in with 4 people i had run like 12 heroics with and sfk destroyed our group we had a rogue ret(me) disc priest and a warrior and the og was a dk.

the interupts are the hardest we were on this boss for like 45 mins cause we kept missing mend rotten flesh. end interupts on the fight me 12 rogue 6 and the dk on like 2 tank 0 preist 0.

all about interupts you miss one heal your in for long fight in angelic form you dont need to worry about interupts so you only have to interupt something like 8 heals and 4 pain and sufferings.
    you had 4 interrupters O: 2-3 of them who either benefit from interrupting (rude interruption etc) or has a completely cost-free interrupt and a tank with interrupts and you didn't get past him ?

did you consider assigning interrupts or something? every pug I've done if guildies weren't available it's taken max 2 tries to take him down just by assigning interrupts and tell the healer that he don't need people above 25% except for the last 25%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kikazz View Post
    thats why they invented bandages that can heal for 45k?
    Yes, actually I realize that completely, however, I am not the one who asked the OP if he was 'DPS'! Hence my statement and question... As for the bandages, yes, they are an option, but I have yet to run in any instance where the tank would give anyone time to stop and bandage w/o pitching a hemorrhage over the loss of DPS...

Quote Originally Posted by Pixi View Post
    And you're in a top 100 guild bla bla. Stop hating because some people have a harf time pugging them. I do agree they're not hard if you have 5 competent players.. The new HC's are all about patience.
    No i'm not even closs to top 100 guild blah bla. I'm not even in a top guild. This boss is a complete joke and I don't understand why other healers say it hard.

Btw im a holy priest.

Quote Originally Posted by Siron View Post
    The problem i had is that the healer goes oom rly fast and he just cant keep up the aoe at the end D:

BTW grim batol hc last boss is impossible! If you have ranged in your group, they wont move from the boss' bolts, if you have melee, it will be hard with the adds and doing some damage during the swirly storm phase. On randoms, we wipe at 99% becouse the boss just heals himself, on a guild group we wiped on max 60%, becouse the healer just cant heal for that long. Anyway, you guys found an easy way to handle him?
    After wiping multiple times on this boss trying to split the dps to kill the adds, we came up with a simple solution. Group combo was prot war, ret pally, spriest, ele shaman and resto druid. Our ret pally was kinda low on dps, only getting about 7k. So we swapped to zerging the right add and I would frost shock and earthbind totem the left one. After it went down we'd zerg the left down before it finished breaking the eggs out. Also, you can be dispelled out of the bolts as ranged, so even if you don't move out in time its not impossible. As for the storm, our tank would drag the boss to the circle before he finished his wind up cast. The boss takes extra damage during the channel portion so take advantage of it. Hell, the hardest boss in grim batol is the second and only because he'll glitch and start spinning around with his flame shield. Thats the only really difficult thing to deal with. Everything else is learning to stay alive by moving instead of dying and being useless.
    Thelamon Thelavon Thelason Thelazon
    I think you get the point of my names now.