Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    I am at the point of getting bored if nobody fails.
    My manaregen is over 3k infight and well, if I play with good players (and I have awesome guys with me most of the time I do heroics) my mana hardly ever goes below 70-80%.

If I play with bad people (Randoms, or just the "fun" part of my guild) I am likely to get a headache and the urgent desire to log off / kill critters / burn something down with my warlock.

I think this is one of the biggest differences to WotLK: Back in level 80 heroics, I did hardly matter if your group was amesome or just plan stupid (at least for me as healer, tanks may differ). Now it totally depends on your party how you experience a dungeon.

Quote Originally Posted by Ynna View Post
    Yes, because everyone with a "Kingslayer" title is terrible...
    Everyone with a Kingslayer without Bane or Light of Dawn.

Particularly if it 10 Man Kingslayer

Quote Originally Posted by Unrully View Post
    When I was leveling my Rogue for the most part I always had a healer/tank and sometimes a guild DPS with me. Dinged 85 a few days in with some questing on the side in Deepholm and Twilight, but for the most part farmed instances..

Anyway, been leveling my Sham & Warrior the past few days now that I'm done with heroics...and oh my god. Can really see what the healers have been QQ'ing about recently per PUGs, I haven't been having mana problems yet cause I'm only level 82 - but I feel for you guys, it's bad. Really was hoping that somewhere along the line people would learn not to stand in shit. Hell, they had to do that in Lich King. Guess I'll hold out hope...
    ProTip: Let baddies die.

Healing them for being bad reinforces deviant behavior. There is a certain amount of damage that cannot be avoided, the first tick or two of most instant AoEs, but that really shouldn't be much strain. I really don't understand why healers tolerate and, in fact, encourage, terrible play by healing people who can't move their characters.

Quote Originally Posted by PetersenIII View Post
    I really don't understand why healers tolerate and, in fact, encourage, terrible play by healing people who can't move their characters.
    An almost OCD-like obsession with keeping health bars full, in my case. Trying to break it, but...old habits die hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yosheh27 View Post
    Thank you.

Also, speaking of Lich King, there are so many "Kingslayers" who are TERRIBLE. It makes me sad.
    I know. I didn't even go farther than Deathbringer Saurfang (Stopped raiding before they released the next section) and I play better than 80% of the Kingslayers I see.

I personally rock my Assistant Professor title because I'm working on Archaeology.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    The problem is you have to learn healing twice if you level a new char - healing for 1-83 and from 84-85.
    Many people complain about someone having an ebay char if they don't know how to play, but for healers you won't learn how to heal in 85 dungeons until you are there.
    Until then, you use only your flashheals and hots, and esp. for bc and wotlk dungeons it is imperative to have all group members health topped all the time because of the ae effects - and with your abilities this is no problem.
    But when you reach 84/85, flashhealing and topping the group isn't possible anymore.

This is an inconsistency that really needs to be fixed by blizzard - if you learn how to heal mana efficient during the leveling process, healing heroics would be much easier.
    Agreed, same goes for all roles really. Any new player progressively learns from level 1 to level 80 how to pull groups of crap, AoE them down, heal through them, then rinse and repeat. Once you start 81-85 with the "CC or die nub" mentality it's exceptionally frustrating for some players to learn. What makes it worse is everyone that gets peeved at people who don't tank/heal/DPS/CC "correctly" were at some point in a group with them while leveling and did nothing to intercept or change that point of view. Everyone AoE'd trash in WotLK instead of CCing like they are so happy to finally have to do now. Even old-school players leveling an alt still use wrath mechanics to get to 80 then change and do things the new/old way.

10+ Year Old Account

Healing them for being bad reinforces deviant behavior. There is a certain amount of damage that cannot be avoided, the first tick or two of most instant AoEs, but that really shouldn't be much strain. I really don't understand why healers tolerate and, in fact, encourage, terrible play by healing people who can't move their characters.

Yeah I do that... if they won't listen after the first time they did it. And then jus votekick em if they keep doing it, they wanna be...well, more or less a douche, then they can wait in another 45m queue. (If not longer, our battleground...sigh)

15+ Year Old Account

That's an incredibly immature way to play the game. There is a chat window for a reason. Try explaining the fight mechanics and when/why people need to move instead of not healing them. If you're responsible for health then you need to be proactive and point out if something is going to happen that you can't heal through. It's really arrogant to sit there and not warn someone and then not heal them and say "move next time baddie".

Quote Originally Posted by Zacksauce View Post
    I do a lot more than just spam a cast over and over again. I utilize all my spells
    If everyone is doing what they should, ie not taking avoidable damage, and i'm mainly healing the tank, then its pretty much a 2.3 second nourish spam. Of course I cleanse, cc, thorns and all the other stuff, but it still feels like a 2.3 second spam.

Healing is way harder than it used to be...I haven't even tried to heal even a regular instance since Cata hit just because I don't want to wipe the group with my sub par healing. Once I get some better gear I may give it a try but until then I'm going to stick with my crappy shadow priest dps.

Healing is more challenging, varied and skill intensive than it has been for YEARS. All of the crying on the wow forums about healers quiting and getting kicked from guilds is bad healers who, for some reason, think all healing should be 30% ICC 25 man buffed 'heal anyone to full with 2x fast heal casts and never run out of mana' bullshit. Blizzard correctly realized that letting healers have infinite mana and heal everyone with 1.3 second cast fast heals that hit for 40% of a health bar is unsustainable. The new model takes proper gearing (int and spirit are your friend), correct spell selection (if you are not using 6 or 7 of your classes 8+ heal abiltiies in a given fight, you are probably doing it wrong), accurate triage priority combined with a knowledge of the specifics of the fight (do I need to quickly top the raid up from this aoe or can I do it slowly and efficiently since I know the next aoe attack wont be for 30 seconds?) and, perhaps most importantly, group and raid mates who are also skilled and aware. You can no longer just heal bad dps through aoe attacks and many of the 10/25 man raids require smart tanks who know when to use their heals and cooldowns.

The real reason that so many people are complaining about how healing is 1) they have not gotten over the ridiculous end stage WotLK style that no longer is in game and 2) they are trying to use the LFD tool and getting grouped with awful players who can't CC or get out of aoe. The only real problem is that Blizzard has so quickly changed heroics from a faceroll where even badies can cruise to challenging encounters that require tight group play and smart decisions.

Deleted
    In Wotlk heroics the DPS could usually stand in whatever they liked for as long as they liked and I could carry them through. As I'm becoming better geared I can handle more mistakes from people taking avoidable damage, but I still feel that a lot of the responsibility to stay alive rests with the individual person.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personally I leveled my warlock first and then my pally healer so I had a feel for what the heroics did before I healed them. When I run with my guild they CC to the point where it feels like I am waiting for somebody to stand in AoE so I can heal something. In randoms its a living hell.

Usually when somebody is sitting in lets say a void zone, I give them one holy shock and thats about it. It should give enough time for a normal person to get out of the void zone. I have no problem letting DPS that make repetitive mistakes die. Last night I was doing heroic stonecore and there were 2 death knights from the same guild. One a tank the other a DPS. We get past the first boss after a few wipes because of people getting 1 shot in p2. We barely kill it when we do and everybody is at like 35%, alive, but barely. Then the DK goes on about how I should keep everybody up and not let them go so low. I try to explain the alive != dead complex and I say "You obviously know nothing about the healing changes." I wasn't trying to be too rude; then he replies, "Well that makes two of us." /hardcore facepalm.

We get to the trash right after that boss, the ones that quake and you jump to avoid. He pretty much eats all the quakes, but the icing on the cake is when a crystal shard spawns on him and he turns around and kills it, killing himself. After that they rage quit cause their gear is broken.

Personally I love the healing changes. Back in LK my pally was awfully boring and only fit one healing role. Now I can somewhat AoE heal (IMO LoD is a stupid spell for anybody like myself with a 100+ ping) and I still find myself fairly good with tank healing even with the changes. I also enjoy the fact that FoL is actually useful. I can pull off some pretty clutch saves on tanks with that spell if they are at a low health.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Maluum View Post
    FINALLY someone who agrees on this one! I guess "Kingslayer" is the new "the Patient" :S
    I've been saying this for months now, ever since 30% was released, I also don't get how they stand in fire relating to Defile, but then again, they could have been bad dps and been dead the whole time and their guild 9-manned LK after 4.0, which is my common belief.