Aff PVP: Fel Flame: Great Spell, or the Greatest Spell?

So, finally dusted off my 'lock for cata and got to 81. I wasn't expecting much out of fel flame because of the low damage but WOW has this spell been awesome for me in PVP.

Warrior? Stay between 5-8 yrds away, CoE, DOT/Haunt, SB-Procs, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF
    DK? Stay between 35-40 yrds, CoE, DOT/Haunt, SB-Procs, FF, FF, FF, FF, FF
    Caster/Healer, having seen what you did you their melee friends decides to run away? CoE, insta-dots, SB-procs, FF, FF, FF until you have time to cast.

Constant damage. Non-interruptable. On the move. I fn love this spell.

So, for those who didn't wait so long to get started, how does it scale at 85? Mana cost too prohibitive (I'm doubting it)? Damage scaling OK with gear?

10+ Year Old Account
    I use it to chase people then Soulburn and Conflag are on CD. Hate runners....just stand still and let me blow you up!

I'm just dying to get back to doing arena now. Just thinking about the pillar-humpin pew-pew gives me a semi. One of the biggest problems with Affliction was that once locked out of shadow, you are screwed. Now I don't have to make it easy on them. No SB spam. No UA refreshing. The only spells they'll be able to interrupt are fear and haunt. This spell is just awesome.

EDIT: er, well, drain life/mana, too. But still :P
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-20 at 05:03 AM.

I rarely use this spell. I only use it to hunt down people that are trying to run.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

I love it for farming low level stuff. No more waiting for DOT ticks. Just spam FF!

FYI it's still cheap at 85.

Man, I can't be the only one exited about this spell, other than for farming low stuff, which, yeah, is pretty awesome in its own right.

If you can keep yourself in a range where your opponent either can't attack back, or is highly limited, Fel Flame is free damage on the run. After running a few BG's last night, Fel Flame came out just under corruption for number 2 on my damage meter.

Forgot another use. While running away from an opponent, auto-run, jump-n-spin, FF, spin back before you land, repeat.

Useful, useful spell.

how do you get one on one fights with people in BG's to use this spell effectively, are you fighting on roads? Maybe my luck is just bad, people always seem to want to zerg me and my teammates always just tunnel-vision despite my helping them 10-seconds previous.

Anyway, I assume you must be getting 1-on-1 fights because otherwise you would likely be better off just chain insta-dotting people in big groups in which case one GCD spent on each corruption on 5 people would do more damage than rolling dots on one person and FF'ing 5 times.

Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post
    how do you get one on one fights with people in BG's to use this spell effectively, are you fighting on roads? Maybe my luck is just bad, people always seem to want to zerg me and my teammates always just tunnel-vision despite my helping them 10-seconds previous.

Anyway, I assume you must be getting 1-on-1 fights because otherwise you would likely be better off just chain insta-dotting people in big groups in which case one GCD spent on each corruption on 5 people would do more damage than rolling dots on one person and FF'ing 5 times.
    Haha! Dude, if I want the damage lead, I'll take it. Spamming corruption on the group is useless when people are just gonna dispel and/or heal through it.

If I'm not taking on 3 allies at once at an ignored node, I'm peeling off 2-3 allies from the big mob, focus fearing/locking the healer or caster and taking out the melee first. I usually have enough time to take anywhere from 2-5 out before the group decides to focus me. Rez, repeat. Not as impressive as it sounds of course, since people are outright retarded in BG's.

FTR: I win between 80-85% BG's on my 'lock, while I win 65% on my priest (which I suck at in pvp settings) so I'm guessing I'm doing something right.
    Last edited by Jiraiyah; 2010-12-20 at 04:23 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dippinsawse View Post

Hardly ever, but most of the time you pick a target and attempt to kill it, some times switching off the target to CC someone. I find a healer start laying into him and seduce/fear what ever is trying to save him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good for killing tremor totems too

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobs View Post
    Good for killing tremor totems too
    and Grounding, I always send out a fel flame before I send out a burst combo

It's a poor mans icelance, its not that exciting. Does everything ice lance does for a mage except the extra damage.

Quote Originally Posted by ultimar235 View Post
    It's a poor mans icelance, its not that exciting. Does everything ice lance does for a mage except the extra damage.
    Except a mage can't load a target full of dots first...