tailoring recipes

Do raids drop tailoring recipes or is there a vendor for them?

thanks in advance

There is a vendor in the twilight highlands....all the epic recipes require a dreamcloth the blue ones require 8 bolts of embersilk

thanks so much man

as a side note, I really wish they'd do something to make cloth easier to obtain, in Wrath we at least had the Northrend Cloth Scavenging passive, every other profession has a much easier way to farm their mats, be it skinning, herbing, or mining, I like the benefits I get from tailoring, but man is it painful trying to get enough cloth to level it up

Quote Originally Posted by Crisco View Post
    as a side note, I really wish they'd do something to make cloth easier to obtain, in Wrath we at least had the Northrend Cloth Scavenging passive, every other profession has a much easier way to farm their mats, be it skinning, herbing, or mining, I like the benefits I get from tailoring, but man is it painful trying to get enough cloth to level it up
    I'm not 100% sure, but I think there is either a new one built into Tailoring or the Northrend one works in Cataclysm, because there have been many occasions where I would see loot on mobs and someone goes to loot it, then I can loot embersilk from it. I highly doubt people will pass up embersilk, and even if there are some people that will, I have this happen to me all the time.

Also, in dungeons with a lot of humanoids/undead/dragonkin, I receive about 3-4 stacks a run, getting between 1-8 pieces at a time. I've talked to other people that are not tailors, and they say they usually walk out of a heroic with barely a single stack, whereas I can walk out with 3-4 stacks.

You still have the scavenging skill and it does work in Cata as well. There have been many times when party members will loot something and then afterward there is cloth waiting on the mob for me. However, I did notice issues trying to get enough embersilk lvl 80-83ish, but this got better as I got higher lvl. This is also due to they have built in now that higher lvl mobs will always drop more cloth than lower lvl mobs.

While yes the scavenging does still work in Cata, the price of bolts is ridiculous in the AH - 20 bolts is going for around 1000g at the moment on my server. I'm not spending that. The recipes are 8 bolts per and there are what...20 of them if not more? Hardly going to spend 8000g to buy recipes, and when I find cloth of my own I'm using it to skill up the profession as it is. I'm just annoyed they made the recipes cost bolts of cloth you'd rather be using to craft items or finish leveling your skill.

considering i can buy the mats for a piece of fireweave or emberweave pvp armor for about 300-400g, and sell them for 1200g +, i dont have a problem with stacks of cloth being 100g

30 volatile still seems like alot to me.

I lvl'd alchemy fully in under 20 min with the mats my hunter gathered, my fiance lvl'd blacksmithing with the mats he and my hunter gathered 1 day tops, I am at 502 on my mage for lack of cloth and enchanting I just hit 525 but wow did that cost.(de'd all my cloth things I made).

but most defiantly cloth is a pain in the butt to get. wasn't cloth much easier to come by in drops in wrath and BC?

I have like 356 volatile life, lol herbalism rocks for that. mining I would like to see that drop a few more volatiles tho.