Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10k is absolutely reasonable. For you to have the recipe so soon, you have to do a ridiculous amount of archaeology farming. That's a shitload of work, so whoever has this recipe bloody earned it. If you think that's too much gold, you're welcome to farm it yourself. But you'd probably be a dozen times faster if you just farmed the gold. And then some.

Mechagnome
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there is anything wrong with people selling it for upwards of 10, 20, 30K per craft. I also understand that all the person is doing is "clicking a button" and I wouldn't pay them anywhere near that much to get the mount.

There just isn't much point to complain, if you're not happy with what is being charged, then kindly try to negotiate a better price, find a different seller, or wait until a different seller is available.

To OP: Charge whatever you're comfortable with. I'd personally start high, and negotiate a bit. I'd also craft a few free (with their own mats) for my guildies, and have the direct /w towards me. There is no sense in not asking for a lot of gold for the service. If you ask for 30, and they come back and say they'll pay you 15K, its worth taking, I would just tell them that you will only craft it for that rate on their word that they will advise others it cost 25K or something. Sure they'll tell their guildies what they really paid, but i'd rather make 15K off 10 people than 30K off of one. Just remember your window for exclusivity is forever closing, so do your best to balance # of units you can sell, and profit per unit.

Tol'vir spawns.

A caster/healer ring. Epic. A caster/healer trinket from the infinite night elves spawns. Awesome.

But I would REALLY FUCKING LIKE my vial of the sands drake, especially after giving me three jars full of mummified crap.

When I finally get this thing, I'm sure as hell going to be charging out the ass for who ever damn wants one.

Every thing else is a minor annoyance.

/rant

Reading this thread and making this post as i fly between dig site locations. -.-
    Last edited by Azure P; 2010-12-20 at 06:45 PM.

Can anyone confirm that if you get a goblin to buy the mats you can then trade them back to your main? I know the goblins get a discount, just wondering if they can then trade the mats back to the crafter.

Quote Originally Posted by Pumpp View Post
    Can anyone confirm that if you get a goblin to buy the mats you can then trade them back to your main? I know the goblins get a discount, just wondering if they can then trade the mats back to the crafter.
    I did this with a guildie. He bought the mats with the discounts and then I traded with him. Saved 5800g

I gave up getting the receipe after 2 weeks of grinding, so i bought the crafting. The guy actually offered to do it for free, but i gave him 1k and a handful of truegold cooldowns. We where both happy

10+ Year Old Account
    While it is not uncommon for players to spend a high amount of gold, I find the higher the price, the higher a chance of being nailed for trading with a gold buyer. If that happens, you can find yourself without your gold, and possibly without the mount.

5k-7k is what I charge. I match it up with what guild a person is in. If they are not in a guild, I charge 5k. If they are in a guild, I charge 7k.

Awesome. Thanks for the info.

Supply vs. demand so...whatever you can get.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 06:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Idontlikeyou View Post
    While it is not uncommon for players to spend a high amount of gold, I find the higher the price, the higher a chance of being nailed for trading with a gold buyer. If that happens, you can find yourself without your gold, and possibly without the mount.

5k-7k is what I charge. I match it up with what guild a person is in. If they are not in a guild, I charge 5k. If they are in a guild, I charge 7k.
    One would think that such an obvious transaction could easily demonstrate you're not being a gold buyer. Otherwise, what's the point of having stuff like this in the game?

was on 100k on hellfire..

Deleted
    80K on Alliance Aerie Peak AH. Gonna try and find somemone who who's selling it cheaper ;/

This thing should be going for 10k crafted at least. The amount of work you need to put into obtaining the recipe is outrageous. I can't believe any person would let themselves get ripped off to the point that they only accept 1k for this thing. Knowing how much effort I have had to put into leveling my archaeology, getting a canopic jar and not obtaining it, my guess is that I'd be crafting this thing for 15k + if I had the recipe.

10k and i'd ridicule in trade anyone who bitched about the price.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

i paid 90k for it and i'm not mad i did. I had the first one on the server, i had the extra gold so whatever.

There was only 1 person with the recipie for about 5 days. he sold 4 of them for 90k. now theres 2 people oon alli and 2 on horde that have it. they are selling for 75k now.

the recipie takes forever to grind and arch is boring....very very boring. All you people charing 1k or 2k over mats are crazy.

If I had it I'd charge as much as I possibly could.

That being said, I'll just wait a few months and get it when the price dies down, because I am cheap and I don't care, but it is one cool mount and I'd like to have it one day. Now if it was a submarine mount, I'd be going crazy for it. Because submarines are awesome.

question: anyone know if the recipe can still drop for people who have alchemy, but don't have it maxed.. or is there some sort of requirement?

Anyone who says that people are selling this with their mats (not the buyer's mats, the crafter's) for less than 40k are simply lying. One of the required materials cost 3k gold a piece base (you need 8 of those), even with exalted Rahmaken, that's still almost 20k gold for those 8 items.

If you're bringing the mats to the crafter, 5k is reasonable, if the crafter has gotten the mats together and build it, 50k minimum is likely, usually much higher than this.

Q
    Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    Because 99% of the people you are trying to sell to will never buy it for insane prices. It's the same reason my server never sold a Battered Hilt on the AH for more than 1.5k. No one wanted to waste more than that.
    I don't belive that for a minute. Every server i've seen sold those for 15-20k or more when it first came out. As time
    went on and 264-277 gear was easily obtainable...then the prices
    dropped. 1.5k in the end...i believe...but from the get go?
    no way.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 10:44 PM ----------

I would sell it for 10-20k with there mats as few people have the recipe, people want it made, and there are lots of rich players out there that are more then willing to pay.
    supply and demand...take advantage while you can.
    The beginning of a new x-pac/major patch is always the best time to make some cash.

Quote Originally Posted by Remnas View Post
    If you're selling it for anything above 2k, you're a greedy bastard. It's honestly not worth going overboard with the price.
    You're correct.

Unfortunately, this is a normal reaction within most of wow's community. They'll over-charge on any and everything and the hell with everyone else.

You can't hide the truth.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kajel728 View Post
    Unfortunately, this is a normal reaction within most of wow's community. They'll over-charge on any and everything and the hell with everyone else.

You can't hide the truth.
    You don't want to pay the 5-10k the craft is easily worth, considering how much effort AND luck is needed in order to have that recipe and alchemy to craft it so early? Wait a couple of months and the price will go down.

AD alliance side has only one crafter of those at the moment and he's charging 5000 per pop - damn lottery winner.