Leatherworking 500-510 ?

OK so i leveled LW to 500 pretty easily, but all the sudden theres no more recipes from the trainer, and all the Vendor recipes require 510. So im thinking "ok ill make these +3 cloaks to 510, but guess what the cloaks turn yellow at 505. so Im stuck at 505 with 2 green recipes, and the expensive cloak recipes which are now yellow. is this seriously how leveling LW is right now?

I also noticed the glitched out recipes that the vendor is selling. 359 epic crafts that require "425?" skill, and are un-learnable with the error message "Item not found" when u click it.
    Last edited by Missbenedict; 2010-12-20 at 06:34 AM.

Yes. Just make the cloaks until 510. It seems expensive now, but if you can wait it will get cheaper.

The last 20 levels of the current expansions profession expensive to cap? And this surprises you why?... Every expansion The last 15-25 points of a profession has been expensive to cap out, that's the point, if it was suppose to be super easy to cap and cheap then it would kill the value of the "end game" profession items since everyone would have them making it a competitive market.

Quote Originally Posted by Hockeyhacker View Post
    The last 20 levels of the current expansions profession expensive to cap? And this surprises you why?... Every expansion The last 15-25 points of a profession has been expensive to cap out, that's the point, if it was suppose to be super easy to cap and cheap then it would kill the value of the "end game" profession items since everyone would have them making it a competitive market.
    have you leveled LW yourself? literally when u get to 505 you have 2 green recipes and 2 expensive yellow. my point is that it makes no sense to go from having over 10 recipes with several orange, and then have 4 recipes, no orange.

Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    have you leveled LW yourself? literally when u get to 505 you have 2 green recipes and 2 expensive yellow. my point is that it makes no sense to go from having over 10 recipes with several orange, and then have 4 recipes, no orange.
    Yes I have and every profession has done that every expansion, the last 15-25 levels of given professions have almost always had 1-4 yellow recipes with expensive mats and 1-3 green recipes nearing the cap of the profession. Yellow reciepes still have 50-75% chance of giving you a level. The point of having a few expensive recipes at yellow and a few at green is so that you actually have to work to be able to make those profession capped epics. You can either spend money to make money or you can just farm the mats and work it up yourself that is the point.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bucharest, in a little corner Country called Romania
    I have actually leveled lw and finished it a few days ago. It took litteraly hours of farming everyday but damn was it worth it. Being a rather casual pvp player as well I really wanted to get the pvp set so it's all cool.Also I actually only made 2 cloaks from 508->510 cause I had some spare heavy savage leather to make the green leather helm. So yeah, atm the only way to get to 510 is to do the expensive cloak (though, bear in mind it might not be so expensive anymore. on my server it's actually selling for like 70g) after which u have to do the pvp set ones^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Wowhead is a bit messed up at the moment because of these 425 notifications ingame, but is it the recipe for Cloak of Beasts that you used for 505-510 ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Missbenedict View Post
    I have leveled LW to cap and the spot you mention does indeed suck, but I'm SURE it's by design. Just suck it up and make cloaks or the green recipes till 510.

Quote Originally Posted by Giverne View Post
    Wowhead is a bit messed up at the moment because of these 425 notifications ingame, but is it the recipe for Cloak of Beasts that you used for 505-510 ?
    That and the tanking cloak. I made the Beasts cloak at 504 on accident, so glad I did. I had the mats and was able to squirt off a gain per craft, so I got lucky. 510++ is nice, lots of PVP gear that sells like hot cakes.

i spent hundred of savage leather to get to 510...the hardest was indeed 500-510. then i discovered all the stuff i can make is really pvp stuff. it can help get someone into a heroic but not that great since it focuses on pvp not pve. i hope there are yet to be discovered drops out there. would have been nice if they offered some nice patterns through various factions.