Inscription Limited Supply Items

So I hit 505 Inscription on my alt the other day...and found out that I need 'Deathwing Scale Fragment' in order to keep leveling it. I thought "Well, that seems easy enough...just go to the vendor, and buy the random white vendor item...and profit!".

I later found out that this (and a few other items for leveling inscription past that point), are limited supply only from 1 vendor in Twilight Highlands. So I went to the vendor, and none were there; no big deal, something like that would most likely be purchased at this phase...so I decided to wait. 30 minutes pass...then an hour. I constantly checked...and there were still no signs ANY limited supply items for inscription appearing. I checked back the next day, still nothing...several hours later I checked again...STILL NOTHING.

So here is my question: is anyone else having trouble with this? I feel like Im on crazy pills here...HOW can something that critical for leveling inscription not be unlimited supply...because clearly its bugged at the moment to not respawn or something.

I have had the same problem, and i even made a ticket about it.
    If your server is anything like mine, then walk over to AH, and youll find a handfull of the mats there for about 500-1000g.

I camped that vendor for 3 days, and had guildies check it for me when i wasnt around. And we have never seen them for sale.
    I basicly dumped close to 20k gold by buying mats from AH to get to 525 yesterday. I got sick of waiting.

Deleted
    You can still leveling Insc. with forged documents

I don't know but Inscription don't offer anything usefull or anything to make a profit for me.
    Material for production of relics is too expensive on my realm (Relics cost 4000G on my realm, I think it's pretty overpriced, you can buy better relics for valor points what is only a few daily random HC )
    Forged documents give me only 10~20G per day.
    Darkmoon cards?
    Glyphs?
    Any idea how can i make a profit with Inscription?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yufa View Post
    Any idea how can i make a profit with Inscription?
    With Glyphs and / or Darkmoon Cards. And for the first you don't need to raise it to 525 or even above 450. The only Glyph that requires the new Blackfallow Ink at this time is Colossus Smash for Warriors. And you need Blackfallow Ink to trade it down to lower level inks at the Ink Trader.

From there on, just get some AH addons like Auctionator and ZeroAuctions, check which Glyphs sell for what price on your realm, craft some of those (maybe 5 of each to start with), configure ZA to make posting easy and start posting.

For Darkmoon Cards you should have deep pockets in order to buy up stuff from the AH because the amount of Inferno Ink that you need is more than one can farm. You can either sell the single cards to those who want to complete Decks or you wait for completing Decks yourself and sell those (or the final trinket) for a few thousand gold a piece.

To the OP problem: Yes I also have yet to see one of the limited supply items at the vendor. Would love to get Inscription to 525 but I stopped bothering for now. Nothing useful that I really want to produce unless they would introduce new Glyphs that require max level.
    Last edited by mmoca0786e3e2d; 2010-12-20 at 08:50 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Inscription is still a money maker. Single darkmoon cards sell for 3500 each on my server. I make them like they are going out of style. Also, I may have grabbed a ton of the vendor items and sold them for 1k each...

for the last week and a half ive been pulling about 10k gold profit a day, purely from glyphs alone. It got to the point that i jumped off. I felt i havent been doing much else than mill and make glyphs the first week of Cataclysm. So on friday, i said to myself, to hell with this and started leveling up inscription insted. Now im going for the Darkmoon cards, and leaving the glyphs to my competitors.

It is as with everything else. If you put in the time, you can be a wealthy man. But many people dont want to put in the time.
    So im saying thanks for the 80k i earnt from glyphs the last week, and im going to invest it into cards during the next two weeks to get ready for the fair. And lets see where that takes me.

try the fortune cards. people like the gamble and also needed for the fortune cookie. sold 2 stacks at 70g a piece. they are bought within minutes of putting on the AH. cheap to make as well.

this will more than likely go away soon so make that money now.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can't find these items on the vendor, try the auction house! My server has them at reasonable prices now.

Associate Professor Emeralde ~ fire-starter, flower-picker, potion-brewer, and artifact-finder