Improved Soul Fire - monitoring the buff

I understand that I can just look at my buffs, but I'd rather have a notification, or have a dot timer showing the buff...but I can't seem to find one.

Any help...or just link to something that has it that perhaps I overlooked.

Deleted
    I'm pretty confident that power auras classic will let you do that.
    I currently do not monitor it and only use it when I get ISF/SB but I'm also thinking of getting auras back up and hardcasting when the buff wears off!

Hope that helped

I use fortExorcist to monitor certain cooldowns as bar timers including the ISF buff. I assume that mods like ClassTimers would provide similar functionality. I would also echo Krunklock's suggestion of PowerAura. I find it invaluable for tracking a whole host of things.

I use Power Aura Classic to monitor it now and that works really well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    (Oh god I'm such a troll)

As many said before, power auras is great, but dont forget to enable the timer of the buff. if the timer reaches 2 seconds left, start casting your next soulfire to keep it going.

Quote Originally Posted by Aristeides View Post
    I use fortExorcist to monitor certain cooldowns as bar timers including the ISF buff. I assume that mods like ClassTimers would provide similar functionality. I would also echo Krunklock's suggestion of PowerAura. I find it invaluable for tracking a whole host of things.
    ^ couldn't have said it better.

Deleted
    TellMeWhen is a great, very lightweight addon for that. NeedToKnow is from the same author I think, also a good option.

If you want to track it in TukUi classtimer, add this to the warlock player section in the core.lua

CreateSpellEntry( 85383 ), -- Improved Soul fire

Deleted
    I use a custom Satrina's Buff Frames icon, I prefer it because you can size the bars and timers the way you like best. If you don't like having the power auras graphic getting in your way then it's a good alternative.

With soul fire power auras remember that heroism/lust overwrites the buff so for example my aura is:
    Buff
    Improved soul fire/bloodlust/time warp/ancient Hysteria
    Invert (I want to know when It isn't active)
    In combat

And to go with that the same thing not inverted with a timer for 5 seconds left so I can hardcast a new one if sb isn't up with .2-1.5 seconds left saving me .5 seconds on soul fire casts.

My setup

I used ForteX just for this buff and Xperl to monitor my spells and Doom to notify me of when CDs are up for spells. With my target frame at the top middle of my screen, the bar for Imp Soul Fire to the targets lower right and Doom notifications popping on my character I can keep my eyes not only on the spells but the action going on around me.