Thread: Still ninjas...

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Hey, I payed the same amount of money as you did to play this game, don't whine on me just wanting some more phat lewts!

I am a healer, never needed for loot without spirit and/or with hit... BUT i have to agree with some people here. If someone want something for offspec, even when someone want it for main spec (TBH, offspec and mainspec is non-existent in WoW ... we all have dual spec.. thats all), noone can blame him if he push the NEED button... you can cry if you want.. but you can't blame him/her

He/she is paying money for this game like you. Looting is already strict enough. Noone can force me how I should play MY game. If I want gear up my dps spec, it's only my business if I will be DPS or heal in dungeon. You can cry if you want..but I will just laugh...and pushing NEED button if I really want that piece of gear..

Of course..needing something just for ilvl is pretty stupid... but don't take WoW too seriously..and you will be fine.

Deleted
    Yeahs happens allot on my hunter, agi anything (staffs/trinks/anything) always get ninja'd my some warrior......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    That's pretty fucked up & yes sadly there still are ninjas out there. I won't say that I haven't taken my share of greens or BOP blues that nobody need simply to help my enchanting out but I don't need unless nobody else needs or I really am going to put it on.
    Wow, I hate bumping into people like you on runs, you need roll on greens that others don't need roll on? Same with BoP blues......that's pretty shitty man.

Quote Originally Posted by Snodgrass View Post
    This isn't a new thing.
    When I do guild runs (usually only 4 of us) and our tank needs something and on the off chance the dps that is a pug rolls on it ofcourse I'm going to roll on it aswell.
    Tough break
    I don't think he's talking about that, what you did was more just countering a bad actor. DPS rolls on tank gear so you roll on it too, to give it to the actual tank. What he's talking about is say, 4 guildies queue up all with a caster spec (let's say Pally tank and Enh Shammy melee DPS). Everyone knows Bob the Mage needs the ring off the second boss, so when the ring drops everyone (including the tank and Enh Shammy) rolls need so they can give it to Bob.

I have to say that in general I've been really pleased with the way people have acted in Randoms. Everyone on my battlegroup (so far) has followed "the rules". Tanks haven't rolled on my plate DPS gear, and when I've tanked I haven't had people roll on my tank gear (I mostly tank normals, and DPS heroics, 'cause my tank gear is still kinda shitty). Obviously if the tank doesn't need tank gear or the DPS don't need DPS gear people roll need rather than let it be DEed or vendored, but I haven't been in one yet where priority wasn't followed.
    Last edited by DrgnDancer; 2010-12-20 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SevenGirl View Post
    while I would get annoyed when someone rolled for and OS item, the option is there because it is actually a valid way to get gear. We all do it
    If someone doesn't need it, then need it. Also, rep, crafted BoEs, quest items... there are several ways to gear your offspec without screwing someone over. We don't "all do it." Selfish, entitled, elitists "all do it." I'm sick of this attitude and it's why I rarely PuG. Way to be part of the problem... congratulations, there's now one less tank in the queues.

Quote Originally Posted by Golden Deagle View Post
    So I had been running GB for ages trying to get my trinket from the first boss ...
    This is your problem, right here. What happened sucks, but it's not yours until you've won it.

Quote Originally Posted by henern View Post
    Hey, I payed the same amount of money as you did to play this game, don't whine on me just wanting some more phat lewts!
    This is the reason why I think blizz should improve the loot system.
    When some morons think they are entitled to act like jerks and then justify it with some stupid reason I think some policies should be enforced to prevent that.
    Funny how a few years ago something like this would be unthinkable of...
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post
    I am a healer, never needed for loot without spirit and/or with hit... BUT i have to agree with some people here. If someone want something for offspec, even when someone want it for main spec (TBH, offspec and mainspec is non-existent in WoW ... we all have dual spec.. thats all), noone can blame him if he push the NEED button... you can cry if you want.. but you can't blame him/her

He/she is paying money for this game like you. Looting is already strict enough. Noone can force me how I should play MY game. If I want gear up my dps spec, it's only my business if I will be DPS or heal in dungeon. You can cry if you want..but I will just laugh...and pushing NEED button if I really want that piece of gear..

Of course..needing something just for ilvl is pretty stupid... but don't take WoW too seriously..and you will be fine.

Your game? There are 12 million people playing on this online game. If you roll need on off-spec, when someone else rolls need for main spec, then your actions just affected someone else, that was playing this game, that paid the same amount of money as you to play this game. Also, in case you haven't noticed, the greed button is there for you if you WANT the item. If you actually NEED it, then you should be able to push the need button. The only way you should be able to roll need on that is if the person who actually needs it doesn't want it. Otherwise, be a good person, and give the item to the person that needs it most, instead of screaming "mineminemine" and just taking it.
    NOW THEN, QQ-ERS, TROLLS AND MORONS, PEOPLE WITH BRAINS, ENTERTAIN ME WITH YOUR FLAMEWARS!

(Property of Andok's Gnome-Torturing Emporium)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ManiaCCC View Post

So I guess in YOUR LIFE, you could also just go around killing people, stealing cars, whatever. Because it's your life, and you gonna do whatever you want with it? In WoW there is a certain code between players, one of these are that mainspec > offspec. It's common lootrules, and people who do not follow are rightly put to justice, by having their names disgraced on their respective server.

Deleted
    The OPs story is saddening :\

I can understand the idea of needing for OS, I don't approve, but I understand.

If you want to need as said item, come as the correct role, if not you get second servings. :\

From a person who heals, tanks, and dps's I say roll on your own gear. You are not special in this world just because you tank.

10+ Year Old Account
    Show me a tank that needs on DPS gear for his OS (when there is a MS DPS that actually needs it), and I'll show you a ninja.

Why? because DPS is my main spec. I chose to wait the 20-60minute long ques to play as DPS. Because I chose to put up with bad, arrogant, and entitled tanks and healers. Also, because it's just called common courtesy. I don't roll on Tank gear if the tank needs it, why should a tank be allowed to need DPS gear when a DPS needs it.

Because you're a commodity does not give you the right to treat DPS like shit, or give you any kind of special privileges when it comes to gear.
    Last edited by I stand in fire; 2010-12-20 at 06:47 PM.
    I'm just a fan of a brand new wiki: pcgamingwiki.com
    A one stop place to help you get your favorite PCGames not only running on your machine, fix issues you might have, find the latest patches from the developers or fans, and more.
    It's a brand new site, so help out by contributing.