Page 1 of 9
... LastLast

Hardest Cata Heroic Dungeon

K this has probably been posted before but, what do you think the hardest cata Heroic is, personally Grim Batol. I have went in there dozens of time and never been able to kill first boss, and the ones that do wipe a lot until the last boss which we cant kill no matter how hard we try, this is my most hated/lover instance current because its challenging but a huge pain

Deleted
    I'd say Grim Batol is one of the easier ones. Probably gotta say SFK or DM.

Deleted
    DM in a pug otherwise they are all easy, especially SFK.

Deleted
    Grim Batol, but only because of the second boss .. A healers nightmare ..

i personally dont understand whats hard about sfk or dm never had a problem with either of them with any grp. my vote goes to stonecore but none really seem too hard anymore... should have put a poll up so we could see some voting

Deleted
    HoO on first place.I still have not luck with good random group to deal with it.Followed by SFK and lost city.

10+ Year Old Account
    So far we had most trouble with Grim Batol, like you. I've done DM, Stonecore, HoO and SFK with pugs and they went pretty smooth (had some probs with Springvale due to a tank being slow). I guess it's just having luck or not.

With the guild we struggled at Stonecore and after 2 left and got replaced by pugs we finished that one off nice and smoothly aswell ;-) (for all the "find a guild/go with guild" people.)

Grim Batol is easy just look up the fights so you know what to do. Once you understand the abilities it is simple. The last boss is easy when he drops the shadow thing on the ground run and stand in it or you die, next right after he is done with shadow gale 2 adds spawn if you don't kill them they release adds that heal him and do extra damage to you. See 2 simple things you do and you win no problem.

Wipecore, for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lich King
    "You speak of justice? Of cowardice? I will show you the justice of the grave... and the true meaning of fear."

for me personally, the first boss of HoO isn't hard, but he requires a communicating group.

other then that i wish my group mates understood what it means to DOWN THE FREAKING WHIPPING WINDS!

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm... Grim Batol.. Well, when you find the trick for each boss in there, it becomes very easy. Anyway, on-topic, I'd say the most difficult heroic dungeon is by far Blackrock Caverns, we might still wipe @ the forge dude.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Isikee View Post
    DM in a pug otherwise they are all easy, especially SFK.
    I found it somewhat easy. The hardest I have encountered is Stonecore. Maybe 'cause lacking of aoe on shards or because my PC screwed me up and I was standing in the "train" thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I don't really have a problem with any heroic anymore in general. There's a few that have bosses that stay annoying though. Third boss in BRC is hard if you have a tank that doesn't know the fight. Ozruk in Stonecore is hard if people don't know what to do. Siamat in The Lost City of the Tol'Vir can be hard on a healer's mana. Second boss in SFK is a bitch in my experience, as I haven't been able to kill it so far. But maybe me and my friends just haven't figured out the right tactic yet.

Gear really makes stuff a lot easier, and I feel we'll be steamrolling heroics again once we're in epic gear. I'm now in 338 average ilevel, and the difference between 329 when you can enter them is huge.

Deleted
    Throne of the Tides.

I don't know why... but always wiping like an idiot in there for any and all reason there might or might not be. It's just...

Let's stand in green slimes? Yes, let's do that.
    Let's attack the CC'ed mobs? Yes, let's do that.
    Let's not use CC at all? Yes, let's do that.
    Let's not interrupt that double chainlightning? Yes, let's do that.
    Let's stand in a black pool of death? Yes, let's do that.
    Let's not move away from the water shizzle? Yes, let's do that.

Anything that is possible, will happen whenever I enter that instance and I have no idea why - it's all so simple

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaxio View Post
    HoO on first place.I still have not luck with good random group to deal with it.Followed by SFK and lost city.
    I did HOO HC for the first and last time yesterday with my guild and a pretty awesome pally PUG healer. We wiped probably about 5x on different encounters, which I didnt mind - my problem is that HOO is 2x as big as it needed to be, its actually soul destroyingly slow. It took us about 2 hours, maybe closer to 2.5 hours, and we know how to play.

Its more like a raid than a heroic, and what makes it so painful is that it takes raid like dedication to get to the end, but you arent getting raid equivalent rewards.

The 4 mini bosses are just a time waste with no reward other than whatever rep faction you are championing at the time, and bosses that take 7 mins to burn down are just boring and tedious. I know it will get faster, but I will not go there again because it makes me want to cry. IMO they should split it into 2 wings.

SFK, that Commander Springvale is one motherf**king a**hole.

none of them are hard, I have a guild.
    Tauren > you

springvale is optional

Stonecore can give trouble with PuGs mostly because all the bosses have a one-shotting ability.

For trash and etc I say DM or Grim Batol.

With guildies all are easy.

Deleted
    Grim batol - Still havent healed through that second encounter.
    Stonecore - Oneshots.
    Easiest - SFK, Caverns, and Lost city.