Page 1 of 11
... LastLast

There's a HUGE problem with (Cata. 5man)

((I'm a french Canadian so i apologize for my english.))

I'm extremely sick and tired of that s****

Like last Saturday.
    I'm a resto shaman.
    - a very nice mace droped from last boss of Hall of Origination , the tank needed it ( I have an extreme bad mace right now (greeny s****)
    - 1hrs later, a very nice caster Shields droped from last boss of the lost city of .... (can't remember the entire name) the tank AGAIN! NEEDED IT !!! and won !
    - yesterday, in Grim batol. a nice two hand mace dps droped. we had a very good dps warrior. AGAIN THE F****** tank needed it .....

i was like ....wow poor warrior .....

i'm like WHAT THE F**** is going on theses days ???

My sugestion:
    Make the loot lootable by THE RIGHT SPECS !!!!
    If you are playing HEALER in a 5man. you are available to loot HEALER gears ONLY !!! ( can't need on an Agility neck for exemple)

exemple: A Shield
    + 300stam
    + 156 int
    + 200 SP
    + 156 haste
    + 150 crit
    Available spec. - Resto(sham.) - Elemental(sham.) - Holy(paly)

exemple2: A neck
    +200 stam.
    + 115 Agility
    + 150 Crit.
    +45 Exp.

Available spec: - (all Rogues Specs) - enchencement - (all hunters specs) - Fury - Amrs - Feral

If no ones playing thoses specs in your 5 man.

NOW YOU CAN GREED for OFF SPEC.

I hope you alll understand my POINT.

otherwise people will always need on things just to make the healer that he maybe didnt like ..... pissed....

what do you think ?

If no ones playing thoses specs in your 5 man.

NOW YOU CAN GREED for OFF SPEC.
    But what if someone is playing that spec but doesn't need that item? Are you just screwed and the item gets DE'd?

Yeah de. is always an options.
    if there's a De.

Maybe the tank was fully geared for his main spec and only ran heroics to pick up pieces for his off spec? (Though him needing on both healing and DPS off spec gear suggests otherwise)

I only need a select few pieces to finish my tank gear setup and plan on running more heroics after that to complete my DPS set, I do feel I have the right to roll Need on DPS gear when I do so. What other incentive would I have for running more Heroics otherwise?

Run more dungeons, the tank has just as much right to gear as you do. If you want to debate upgrades on every boss drop, do guild runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Mikeez View Post
    Yeah de. is always an options.
    if there's a De.
    Think that went over your head. Say you are a pally tank, and a healing mace drops. There is a holy paladin in the group, but that person doesn't need that item. With your reasoning, the pally tank should not be able to roll on it, because someone of that spec is in the group.

it's simple ...if you want to loot dps LOOT, run as DPS. you'll be eligible ....... no ?

I'm just extremely tired of carying all those people and getting screwed on healing loot by a tank.

Get a guild, get the loot you need.

Good idea about only letting someone roll need if it meets their current spec. I've had a resto shaman take an Agi ring and Agi boots from me in Grim Batol (I'm a Hunter). If he was enhance spec I would not mind at all.. but he should not be preventing me from getting a high enough Ilevel to do heroics just because he see's a free offspec piece..

yeah good point ....

and this point , the Holy paly has an OPTION. pass on it !
    SO the TANK CAN now click ! need !.....when he see the Holy paly passing on it...

His options need POP .

Deleted
    dude your there for YOUR gear and he is there for HIS gear what does he care ?XD
    and ye true i play hunter and if some rogue needs on my gun i would be pissed off to...but thats the "deal" between us rogue/hunter...i wont neeed on his daggers/axes/sword till he greeds and he wont need on my guns/bows till i greed its bin that way since vanilla so

I haven't had that problem yet TBH, i even had the BoE epic Strength-DPS necklace drop in a normal Grim Batol run and nobody even tried to roll on it (There was a plate-wearer tank too), all everybody did is congratulate me on getting a great necklace :P

It's not really Blizzard's job to fix the "Other people are sometimes jerks"-problem, that part is still either luck or running with people you know, why back in the day, people could roll need on anything, but i still got geared up nonetheless, got the occasional ninja too of course but encountering tools and idiots is part of playing online games...

It's RANDOM for a reason.

How about 4 options.

Need
    need secondary spec
    greed
    DE

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugz View Post
    Run more dungeons, the tank has just as much right to gear as you do. If you want to debate upgrades on every boss drop, do guild runs.
    I guess we´ve found someone who rolls one verything..

What is wrong with being kind and use MS>OS common sense?

Guild runs.

Very little roll courtesy in LFG.

10+ Year Old Account
    A Black Land of Sorcery and Nameless Horror
    this isnt something that any game should implement. its down to the players. if it upsets you so much either only group with guildies or friends. otherwise wow will be even more restrictive and good off spec gear will be de'd or vendored and peeps will still be ass hats.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitz1o1 View Post
    How about 4 options.

Need
    need secondary spec
    greed
    DE
    Yeah !!

And if the loot is not autorised. for your spec.

The healer for exemple can click pass. So now the dude that clicked Need for off spec. get it.

---------- Post added 2010-12-20 at 10:42 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Magjee View Post
    Guild runs.

Very little roll courtesy in LFG.
    i would run with guild.
    I have a Guild.

but i'm not online enough to run with em.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post
    Maybe the tank was fully geared for his main spec and only ran heroics to pick up pieces for his off spec? (Though him needing on both healing and DPS off spec gear suggests otherwise)

I only need a select few pieces to finish my tank gear setup and plan on running more heroics after that to complete my DPS set, I do feel I have the right to roll Need on DPS gear when I do so. What other incentive would I have for running more Heroics otherwise?
    ^^ Can I just clarify if you ask the people who would be needing it main spec if you can roll too? Or do you just take it? Because if you just take it that would be out of line to the dpsers who waited in line for their group only to have a loot hungry tank go for their loot.

Quote Originally Posted by sally View Post

This post is the exact problem with running non guild 5 mans now. I WANT IT NOW, why should I let the person who actually needs it take it first, gimme gimme gimme all my loots.

Dirty loot whores are such a pain in the ass, they all go on my ignore list just so I never have to deal with their whorish ways again. I have lost really nice items on my shaman, warrior, and pally already to people not playing the roll "but they can use it" is always the answer you get.

Let the people who are DPS take the DPS items, let the healers have their items, let the TANKS take the tanking gear.