Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    The irony of you guys stereotyping the people you are complaining about stereotyping you is pathetic.
    i simply turn the sterotype around. i never said it was wrong to i have sterotyped my player base from the start.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    i simply turn the sterotype around. i never said it was wrong to i have sterotyped my player base from the start.
    Huh?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

10+ Year Old Account
    Huh?
    im not saying sterotyping player bases is wrong. i have shown examples of sterotypes from my first post here against the tbc/vanilla crowd.

The good players are the ones that are learning from the changes in Cataclysm. The awful players are the ones that started at any time before Cataclysm and try to play the game the way they learned way back when.

Why are you guys arguing? Just a funny story is how I read it.

Anyways, I also started playing in Wrath and I continuously am told I'm a great healer. I've run into lots of people that use that they've "played before Wrath" as a good excuse to be an asshole. Stuff like what happened in your story has happened to me before. No matter when someone has started playing though, you'll run into jerks, and that's how it is. (coughmyoldguildleader)

The irony of you guys stereotyping the people you are complaining about stereotyping you is pathetic.
    The irony of you posting multiple times in a thread you deemed pointless is almost to much to handle.

On topic... Stereotypes come and go, Cata is still very fresh and new, give it a couple months and peace will be restored to the world once people learn the fights and get better gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with both warrenayen and RedHeadWolf. I too started in WotLK (dinged 80 in 3.1) and I didn't even start to guild raid until ICC, so my progress before then wasn't anything to brag about. But I have always looked to improve my weaknesses and I have always wanted to know the reason to a fact. I have always been the kind of person who looks at World of Logs and thinks "Yeah, I was top 3 on damage and I was one out of five who survived this guild first-kill, but I could've done a better job on this and that", the rate of which you improve with such a mentality is astonishing.

Rather than "wotlk kids VS. pre-wotlk people", I would call it "people who wants to learn VS. people who don't want to learn."
    Amateur Photographer studying Mathematics!
    Linkedin - Portfolio

Just lie and say you started playing in vanilla like everyone else does.

Just say you had a great time making sure 39 people weren't afk'ing and that it was super cool to 2shot people with your enh shaman that had the hand of ragnaros(everyone had one, trust me!)

Deleted
    I'll admit, I started off as a "Wrath Baby" (well, technically I started just 2 weeks before Wrath's release, but whatever).
    However, it's not usually what all pre-Wrath people say is true about Wrath starters; meaning most aren't as 'bad' as they say they are.
    I for one am very cautious about the usage of CC when I DPS on my Shaman (Hex and Bind Elemental ftw ), I always make sure the healer is good on mana before I pull on my Prot. Warrior.
    You can still see some people who aren't will to learn though, which can be classified as 'Wrath babies'. I see tanks who just go in without marking, or others who forget the healer is brb. What ticks me off the most is seeing DPS (especially clothies) pull trash. Sure, that was easy in End Game Wrath, where the tank is ready to pull everything off you, but now it's very very crucial that the correct mobs are CCed and everyone is ready.
    Yes, I did start in Wrath, but I can say (without boasting) that I've got the right skill and dedication towards my role which makes any Wrath beginner the right player

Beta
    Classic
    BC
    Wrath. None of that matters.

Can you play well now? All that counts.

I think the problem is it " is " usually safe to assume these people are bad players, this has nothing to do with the person but more to do with the way wotlk was designed and played. * cut out a load of debate when I reread OP's post and realized the rogue was probably 6 and used the first insult that came to mind *

Pre TBC player and i think OP is right. The only reason that pre wrath players maybe be better than wrath one is the experience and only it. On the other hand they tend to be more selfish. Anyway bads and/or elitists exist on both groups.
    But its common trend to balme wrath for everything. Example, on another thread they blamed wrath for the stam tanking way the tanks were going, when that one started in TBC if not before.
    English is not my native language and i type fast. So bare with my typos, like "jsut".

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    tbc/vanilla players are the ones who are likly to complain about difficulty of cata because they no longer out gear the easy pre t7 heroics with the free t10 they got
    wotlk players go. ok so icc 5 mans were harder than nexus.... so cata heroics are harder than icc 5 mans... OK
    Did you seriously just say vanilla players will complain about not being able to get easy loot? Dude anyone who played vanilla knows the lengths people are willing to go through to actually be good and get gear. 100% of the people I played vanilla with haven't complained once about any of the new instances or being able to get loot. While on the other hand 70% of the people I've played with in BC/Wtlk complain that the instances are too hard.

One more of these threads? Are they -really- necessary?

One thing about this game, is that 13 million people don't play it because it was hard...and while Cata brings about a change to the average player, it remains the same easy game with the right people.

It doesn't matter how long you've played, it doesn't matter if you were playing since Vanilla or started playing in WotLK, hell even if you JUST started playing for Cata, you can still be just as good or better than anyone else who plays the game...it's easy. And while you might take time to learn the little tricks, small things that seperate good players from the average player...you will learn.

The Troll in me wants to say. "Heard this game is hard"
    The actually nice person that I am says. Your right a lot of people like myself who have played WoW for way way wayyyyyyy to long need to get an attitude check, this game isn't like Halo when you can clearly see who has been playing longer, its a simple fun game where you just pew pew and dont stand in fire.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vazar_da_priest View Post
    today i was yelled and by a rogue, because i didnt heal him.

in Heroic Throne we were fighting an elite who spews out green stuff on the floor.
    his first spew was right under the rogue. he didnt move. the next 2 he did move but died

he then began to yell at me and tell me is suck at healing.
    i told him not to stand in bad things anymore.
    he asked me why i didnt heal him. i told him that he stood in fire, and that i was busy healing the tank (who was also...in fire)
    then he asked me if i started to play in wrath..i told him i did (which is true)...(he played pre-wrath)
    i told him its his fault that he died, cuz he stood in the fire, and he should consider it a lesson learned.
    he then replied with "well that doesnt change the fact that your a shitty healer"

on the next pull up the elevetor, he decided to pull a large mob and the tank didnt pick it up, cuz he fell down the elevator.
    before the rogue left he siad "lesson learned"
    i began to laugh at this show of eliteism

Moral of the story: Pre-wrath players should not feel entitled and cocky...just because you've player longer than someone, it doesnt neccesarily mean youre better
    Of course it doesn't, anyone who says otherwise is either a troll or very narrow-minded (unintelligent). The latter are crucial to casualties everywhere in the world.

Don't feel bad, he probably just said it out of being angry, infact, I bet he started around the time I did (few months before BC, so, a noob), I don't know why, but many of the "veterans" I've encountered started around that time without ever having done any vanilla high-end content, I can't speak for all of them though, there are veteran-elitists.

Besides, you're the healer, if his DPS is crappy, and he's an asshole, he won't be mised. Just let him die.

Quote Originally Posted by Mundkurv View Post
    One more of these threads? Are they -really- necessary?
    he's just venting, it's cool.
    Last edited by mmoc079eea4b81; 2010-12-20 at 08:48 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    These threads are pointless, if only because of how many people claim they played in vanilla or BC that actually didn't. At one point during WotlK I was doing an Undying run and when we asked if everyone knew what to do for Four Horsemen, some Hunter pug proclaimed "i did this with my guild back old naxx and it was easy this is probably even easier". He wasn't trolling; He even furiously disagreed with me when I mentioned the original Naxx having the old 13 lines of frogger as opposed to 3, earlier that run saying there was never more than three.

Repeat above scenario for people who claim to have done content when it was relevant who in turn knew nothing about Airbursts, Tainted Cores, Hydross transitions, Felmyst clouds etc.

In the end, I don't give two craps when you started playing. Either learn your class and how to play, or get out of the way so people who know how to can do it right. There's far more resources for bettering yourself now than there were four or five years ago, so more people SHOULD be better now than they were back then.
    Last edited by Kelzam; 2010-12-20 at 08:49 PM.

Not all LK, TBC or Classic players are bad. The pros in classic had to be better than tbc/lk pros. What I am saying it it took less skill to be a pro in LK than it did in classic and to a lesser extent tbc.
    "Those who dance appear insane to those who can't hear the music." ~~ George Carlin

10+ Year Old Account
    While your title of the thread is true, it doesn't change the fact that unless you're a very quick learner and natural at games like WoW you generally need experience.

Also even if the guy said that he played pre-wrath, you have no clue if he was lying or not so don't believe everything you hear.
    Hey everyone