Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Talking Alliance or Horde?.......

Alliance or Horde?..... and why? give a good example
    Gabaldon Marauders

Ty to Roachy for this epic sig!!!!

Pretty broad-based question.

I used to love the Horde, pre-TBC. Back when it was orcs, trolls, tauren and undead. Once they added blood elves it stopped feeling like the Horde and became: "Belfs... and friends."

Lore-wise, as much as I love the undead (one of my first characters, which I still have -- gathering dust now -- is an undead warrior), they are now almost completely evil. I mean, one quest in the post-Cata Hillsbrad questline has you decapitating humans that have been "planted" in the ground with only their heads sticking above ground. Chopping off the heads of living humans nets you... 500 rep with UC and you get to keep the shovel you decapitated them with.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28189

Yes, you can choose not to decapitate them, but you still get the 500 rep if you do, and to me that tells me all I need to know about the Forsaken now. And by association, any races that would willingly join with the Forsaken are tainted by their evil.

On top of all that, over the last few years there's been a lot "hai guise I wantz to win pvp with you pros so I'mma swtich to Hordez" going on, so that Horde now has very long pvp queues and their actual skillbase in pvp is now eroding because of it.

Now, Alliance makes mistakes (lore-wise), but they are ultimately a well-intentioned group and worgen just plain own all.

/roar

Plus, how could I NOT pick the side that gets honor for killing BE's? Huh?

=)

P.S.
    Don't take me too seriously, but yes, I prefer Alliance in Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    /waggle

alliance ftw

we now have worgens who are willing to get on all 4s. however beware they will run away from u sickos

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sardonic View Post
    Pretty broad-based question.

I used to love the Horde, pre-TBC. Back when it was orcs, trolls, tauren and undead. Once they added blood elves it stopped feeling like the Horde and became: "Belfs... and friends."

Lore-wise, as much as I love the undead (one of my first characters, which I still have -- gathering dust now -- is an undead warrior), they are now almost completely evil. I mean, one quest in the post-Cata Hillsbrad questline has you decapitating humans that have been "planted" in the ground with only their heads sticking above ground. Chopping off the heads of living humans nets you... 500 rep with UC and you get to keep the shovel you decapitated them with.

http://www.wowhead.com/quest=28189

Yes, you can choose not to decapitate them, but you still get the 500 rep if you do, and to me that tells me all I need to know about the Forsaken now. And by association, any races that would willingly join with the Forsaken are tainted by their evil.

On top of all that, over the last few years there's been a lot "hai guise I wantz to win pvp with you pros so I'mma swtich to Hordez" going on, so that Horde now has very long pvp queues and their actual skillbase in pvp is now eroding because of it.

Now, Alliance makes mistakes (lore-wise), but they are ultimately a well-intentioned group and worgen just plain own all.

/roar

Plus, how could I NOT pick the side that gets honor for killing BE's? Huh?

=)

P.S.
    Don't take me too seriously, but yes, I prefer Alliance in Cata.
    Yes because those Humans have not been evil to the Forsaken for the longest of times? Their own former comrades?
    And you are anti-Blood Elf but Pro-Worgen? Lol'd. Worgen are the Alliances Blood Elfs.

Quote Originally Posted by Epsynus View Post
    basically what this guy above said :P

and we need more (good) allys so we can start winning bg's!
    If you haven't yet, you should roll an alt (maybe even make it a new main). The newest crop of Horde players are pretty bad in pvp.

I'm winning over 70% of my BG's now, as Alliance. I think a lot of Horde players (including pvp'ers) came over to Alliance in Cata thanks to worgen and/or because they were sick of the long Horde queues. Naturally, you still see tons of BE's. I think you can see where I'm going with this...

P.S.
    Not saying all BE-players are bad. That'd be stupid. But the race does attract a lot of poor pvp'ers, because they are the players that want to be in the so-called tough faction yet they themselves want to be sparkly and pretty (or handsome). That often (not always, but often) adds up to pvp disaster. On low-level Alliance BG's we're talking in /bg chat a lot like I remember Horde talking (little to no BS, simply calling out inc's, routing to bases, etc.). It's quite nice actually.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    Yes because those Humans have not been evil to the Forsaken for the longest of times? Their own former comrades?
    And you are anti-Blood Elf but Pro-Worgen? Lol'd. Worgen are the Alliances Blood Elfs.
    considering they are not the most populated race alliance side for main toons.... NOPE blood elves are still the nub race

Quote Originally Posted by Horrid Crow View Post
    You cannot possibly justify planting a live human being in the ground and then rewarding someone else for chopping his head off with a shovel. If you think you can then we should just agree to disagree, mate.

As for BE's, my more recent post sums up my views. I'm not anti the BE race, I'm just anti what the mass population of BE's did to the Horde as a whole (in terms of its vibe). Worgen are very cool, but they are not a "pretty" race. They are bipedal wolves. Blood elves are fashion diva elves. No comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by amagawd View Post
    Alliance or Horde?..... and why? give a good example
    I've played both. Played since Aug 17, 05.

Played Greymane Alliance & Horde (Hi Population Alliance. Basically all the Horde on that server were Alliance xfers)

and Destromath Horde.

On Greymane Alliance I noticed everyone was either between the ages of 12-16 or 40-50. Which resulted in A. Srs Business in Vent and awkwardness. B. The 12 year olds going "Omfg nub lolumad" everytime you type something that has nothing to do with what they are saying. C. Pugging resulted in huge failures and everytime u looked for good groups on the server everyone would go lolbad looking for good players.

But if You're looking for srs business PVE guilds (4-5 day raiding) prob Alliance imo so they are more common.

On Destromath Horde everyone seemed to be at the same age range as I was and in college 18-25. Everyone is hella chill and yes occasionally trolls but every server has em. Except we don't feed the trolls we just all hate em and force em to server xfer or gkick em from their guilds by msging their GMs. Haven't met a single person that was older then my grandpa like alliance (i no exaggerating but still they sounded really old on alliance). And Yes I could go on trade chat and ask for good players to clear ICC and yes we got far. I was 10/12 Heroic ICC25 b4 I quit a while ago and came back for Cata.

If You're looking for chill 1-2 day raiding guilds then Horde Destromath is nice. They were better then Alliance on Greymane and we only raided 1-2 days compared to 4-5 days on Allie.

All from my personal experience but I prefer the Horde cause of the Orcs. I mean who really wants to play a Human when they are playing a fantasy game lol.
    Last edited by Kallozar; 2010-12-20 at 08:02 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You cannot possibly justify planting a live human being in the ground and then rewarding someone else for chopping his head off with a shovel. If you think you can then we should just agree to disagree, mate.

As for BE's, my more recent post sums up my views. I'm not anti the BE race, I'm just anti what the mass population of BE's did to the Horde as a whole (in terms of its vibe). Worgen are very cool, but they are not a "pretty" race. They are bipedal wolves. Blood elves are fashion diva elves. No comparison.
    The Forsaken didn't plant them there, the other undead did iirc. Besides, I didn't even know you could bash their skulls in, so I saved them all. That quest gives the player the choice, meh.

OT: Get rid of blood elves, go back to Vanilla Forsaken (fighting for survival/vengeance), and Horde would be damn near perfect in my eyes :P

[Lore] Orc's were always the top choice for me, they have honor and strength and don't look too fucked up or goofy. But I'm embarrassed by Garrosh.. I would not follow him into battle. He's ignorant and naive. Thus I'm almost embarrassed to be part of the Horde. The only thing that's keeping me horde is the new Orgimmar, but with the goblins polluting the shit out of our drinking water I wouldn't even want to live there.

[PvP] It's irrelevant what faction you are. People of skill play all factions, races, and classes
    Last edited by Zorgen; 2010-12-20 at 08:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    The Forsaken didn't plant them there, the other undead did iirc. Besides, I didn't even know you could bash their skulls in, so I saved them all. That quest gives the player the choice, meh.
    True, but you get UC rep for doing it. Just saying. And of course Sylvanas is preparing to unleash the plague again (you see her say this as a worgen player).

Quote Originally Posted by Mogrutana View Post
    OT: Get rid of blood elves, go back to Vanilla Forsaken (fighting for survival/vengeance), and Horde would be damn near perfect in my eyes :P
    Not to mention go back to pre-Garrosh days, then yeah. But as is: just no.
    Last edited by Sardonic; 2010-12-20 at 08:05 PM.

yeah yeah Im sure 90% of all responses in this thread will be, "play the side you like!"

But really, lets cut the crap, who are the people that ask, "alliance or horde???" when you meet someone outside of the game? Which upon answering alliance you hear a long grown of dissatisfaction, followed up by WHY?!? ALLIANCE SUX! Horde players.

Alliance players generally approach this game with a certain type of understanding, while both sides have their share of immature players, alliance has players with fewer insecurities.

these types of threads always produce rage. I'll let you in a little secret: No matter what side you are on, the grass isn't always greener.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crimsonclovers View Post

But really, lets cut the crap, who are the people that ask, "alliance or horde???" when you meet someone outside of the game? Which upon answering alliance you hear a long grown of dissatisfaction, followed up by WHY?!? ALLIANCE SUX! Horde players.

Alliance players generally approach this game with a certain type of understanding, while both sides have their share of immature players, alliance has players with fewer insecurities.

Well, yeah, except that's not true, as both sides are just as insecure as the other.

10+ Year Old Account
    Flame war coming up.
    OT: I play Alliance but i prefer Horde big time, Orcs are just so imba and look badass. /Jealous of all the Orc Hunters i see :<.

Deleted

Funny quest that was, but as most of the wow players that enjoy forums with all their trolling make a mistake.....the commander there was deemed crazy even by forsaken standards and you kill him with the help of a forsaken apothecary......and Johny Awesome...( and the quest you arre talking about is the byproduct of that crazy guy)

Quote Originally Posted by knihTwice View Post
    Funny quest that was, but as most of the wow players that enjoy forums with all their trolling make a mistake.....the commander there was deemed crazy even by forsaken standards and you kill him with the help of a forsaken apothecary......and Johny Awesome...( and the quest you arre talking about is the byproduct of that crazy guy)
    No, I understood that. But nonetheless, it awards you 500 rep with Undercity. I realize that's just a gameplay thing, but still. Anyway, that aside, Sylvanas is clearly a meglomaniac now bent on destruction of almost all life and she is a traitor to the Horde (still producing and planning to use the super plague), so I stand by my opinion of the post-Cata Horde as being a faction that is descending into evil and madness.

I liked the Orcs more on Warcraft 2 and 3, so I chose horde when WoW came out.

Alliance, all races are soooo much better than Horde's, especially Worgen. Ever seen a few Worgens running towards you? Terrifying look, even tho I'm Alliance and it's not like they can attack me :P

Also, my experience says Alliance has WAY more mature and good (by any means, not only skill-wise) players than Horde. Just my experience, don't try to flame me, I know there's just as much mature players in Horde.
    Let's just say, I was playing Horde, for over a year and only made 1-2 good friends. I still have quite a few friends from Alliance, whom I know for well over 3 years. And again, just my experience and luck, but Alliance seems more social.
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxos View Post
    When you play the game of MMOs, you win or you go f2p.

Horde, /thread.
    Playing since 2007.