Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    No one seems to think about their team mates! If I'm above 70/80% and have nice threat I dump my WoG on my baddie team mates that stand in fire ect. I don't know how many heroic boss fights I have saved by throwing a WoG on a healer that was about to die to lazer beams...

Also for boss fights I open with the following: AW/DP (for full HP) > Judge (for SotR crit) > SotR (now you have a nice chuck of threat, and Holy Shield up and running) from here I usually pop a tanking trinket and start building up HP for what it's needed for at that moment...

Edit: First Post! \o/

Deleted
    SotR - Single target threat
    Inquisition - AOE Threat
    WoG - Support healing, on either yourself or group members. As I have said before the only situation where it is superior for AOE threat is when your other abilities are going to be out of range(or on cooldown) but realistically the healer is going to be pumping out way more threat overall from their heals in the majority of cases.

I think people are really missing the point when they consider WoG to be a threat ability when it is a lot more realistic to consider it as a defensive ability

Herald of the Titans OnlineSamantha's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    SotR if high HP, WoG if low. No inquisition since I don't really find it that useful.

Boss fight start with Exorcism? I never did it and find it really unnecessary. The dps should just wait those 5 seconds when you engage a boss and that should be enough for you to keep aggro all the way. Or you could just taunt at the start and then build up aggro till taunt wears off. Pfft exorcism... how silly.
    Pffft yeah, why use a useful ability, when you can just make everyone wait while you do the same threat? How silly.

I personally haven't leveled my paladin that far as to consider Inquisition yet (check my signature), but I mainly use Word of Glory, since it also provides the block.
    Last edited by OnlineSamantha; 2010-12-21 at 03:14 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trumpresident View Post
    My words exactly. Manufacturing in the US is considerably more expensive than elsewhere, and part of that are savage regulations such as environment protection or minimum wages.
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Saying that Wilson is a racist murderer is the same level of conspiracy as saying Sandy Hook didn't happen and the parents are in on it.
    I don't post that often, and when I do it's often in bursts. I always lurk though.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazhr View Post
    But since blizzard at vanilla was scared that paladin would heal tank paladins got another threat modifier that reduce the threat by 50% yet again which mean 5k threat on each target.
    That modifier was removed as far as i know.

Quote Originally Posted by Retsucks View Post
    Wow. Not a single person mentioned SoTR for the extra block to reduce incoming damage. All I see is SoTR for threat and WoG for "threat" and helping the healers.

Boss fight: Exorcism > Avengers shield > Cons > CS x1 > SoTR (for block) > normal rotation > WoG > normal rotation > SoTR (threat and block) > normal rotation > WoG etc etc.

Trash: Who gives a shit?
    WoG, Inquisition, and SotR all activate Holy Shield (if you specc for it). So honestly any holy power dump will bring up your Holy Shield. However, your missing a ton of initial threat by not popping Devine Plea (3 instant HP) and Avenging Wrath. My goal is to get as big a lead on my top DPS during my openner. This allows me to later break up my threat rotations for defensive cooldowns or WoG. Here is what your openners should look like.

Boss (0 or 1 holy power):

Devine Plea - Avenging Wrath - Exorcism - Avenger's Shield - Sheild of the Righteous - normal rotation swapping SotR and WoG depending on healing need.

Boss (2 or 3 holy power):

Avenging Wrath - Exorcism - Avenger's Shield - Crusader Strike (Optional to get to 3 HP) - SotR - Devine Plea - SotR - normal rotation (swapping SotR and WoG depending on healing need.)

Trash:

Devine Plea - Inquisition - Avenger's Shield - Hammer of Righteous - normal aoe rotation (swapping Inquisition refreshes with WoG depending on healing needs).

If your DPS follows your markings, then splash threat from HoR and Con should keep whole pack glued to you, even if you don't refresh Inquisition and instead WoG. HoR is not CC aware so you will need to move group away from CC'd mobs.

These combinations have been working great for me. I have yet to have problems on bosses (inlcuding ICC post patch 4.0). I only loose threat when a DPS single targets one of my unmarked splash mobs. Simply asking them to follow {skull} and {x} kill order fixes threat issues.
    Last edited by Norisong; 2010-12-21 at 04:48 PM.

I never use Inquisition. While in dugeons on trash i usually use SoR since I usually have a couple CCs on trash so im not tanking 4 mobs at once. On bosses i usually use Divine Plea/SoR/Wings at start then heal with WoG.

If I have a threat lead I WoG, if not I SoR on single target, and inquisition if i'm aoeing. If I don't need the heals when I can divine plea I also inquisition on single target. Been toying with rotating Inquisition and SoR anyway, although if it's better it doesn't seem to be by much.