Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bigjenk View Post
    You realize they do not get that current node quicker by being a druid. You are just as fast at farming from the point you land. It is the tauren racial horde side that gives them 4x faster herbing. The advantage they get is by not having to mount up, and as of 3 days or so ago if you are in a guild you are moving 10 percent faster than a druid in flight form mounted so the advantage isn't that great. Unless you are not in a guild.
    I'm fairly sure the bonus effects people in flight form as well.
    Ones brain cannot co-pilot if ones mouth is on auto-pilot.

As a druid I can also say it may take a few minutes for another player to "load" on your screen. Flying around at 310% speed w/o having to constantly mount up puts you in a rhythm. There have been several times im just bouncing from node to node and I will be 1/2 way through it when another player that was already there appears on my screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Antermosiph View Post
    I'm fairly sure the bonus effects people in flight form as well.
    They have to be on the ground to gather now, so it doesn't really matter. The bonus of being a druid really only pays out in the fact that you don't have to remount to get to the next node. All that matters is who gets to the node first.

Deleted
    Exactly, because we can.

10+ Year Old Account
    My druid is Mine/herb and level 80 people hate in in twilight highlands :P

I always take a node on my alt druid if I can.

If there is a class mechanic that can be abused for an advantage it will be *cough* bubble-hearth *cough*

I really didn't expect there to be a resolution to this, and certainly not here. I can only hope that WoW-Karma catches up with you guys.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultion View Post
    bubble-hearth
    Didn't they nerf that?

Quote Originally Posted by Moontalon View Post
    Didn't they nerf that?
    Yes, lowered bubble to 8 seconds instead of 12.
    But Druids can't gather while flying anymore, they have the be physically on the ground, so technically it was nerfed as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerlynne View Post
    I farm herbs on my druid and sometimes I grab nodes with people nearby and sometimes I don't. Sometimes you really can't tell if they are completing one of a few quests that happen along the riverbanks in Uldum.The new guild speed buff doesn't stack on flight form so people are flying faster than us now. It's a little more fair than it used to be.
    I know I zone out while farming. I also do not feel like asking every player I see if they are farming as well. Sometimes I find myself gathering before any friendly or hostiles even show up around me, load that is. Point being, not all ninjas are intentional.

Then you have assholes. As in life, they will try to screw you in game as well. Farming makes you wish you could attack friendlies. If an enemy steals a node, mount up and kill them at the next node they stop at.

Druids are not the problem, assholes are and they come in all shapes and sizes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    The answer must be: Because they can. Harvesting in Flight form is already an unfair advantage, why exploit your fellow players? If you see a player landing on a Node, try not to swoop in and steal them. You guys are getting a Bad name.
    Because they can.
    I ninja nodes on my DK farmer when i see someone fighting a mob.
    Its a dog eat dog world out there

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I don't think they care, druids have their own city, they poop on people in bird form, they poop in the woods in bear form, they poop on roads in cat form, they poop underwater in walrus form, they have no respect for anything except trees.
    This . Is . Awesome.

Best post I've seen all week!

Quote Originally Posted by foofymoonkin View Post
    Being a druid myself, I can see why you are mad. At the same time; my druid is not my gatherer and I enjoy when I mine on my paladin that Non Druids and Druids alike will come and steal my node when I am fending off a mob.

No difference is my point. Druids just have it easier to steal and not get in combat.
    I AM a druid miner/ herbalist and i don't steal from others but foofy is right it's simply easier, you would'nt believe the stuff i can still do in flight form: gathering and using quest items, herbalism, if one day i can mine in epic flight form i'm gonna do an inzone dance. Other players used to steal nodes from me all the time when i was in sholazar. it's just faster for me to get to stuff cause flight form is smaller and just clicking on the pbject usually takes you out of flight and starts the mineing and i can herb in flight form as long as i'm low enough to the ground. Honestly i think alot of ppl prob just make their druids gathering classes because it's easier to do than in other classes.But remember not all druids are node stealing poop-de-doops.
    Last edited by lohengrin; 2010-12-20 at 08:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    The answer must be: Because they can. Harvesting in Flight form is already an unfair advantage, why exploit your fellow players? If you see a player landing on a Node, try not to swoop in and steal them. You guys are getting a Bad name.
    I've gotten many whine whispers about this even though I never intentionally ninja from my own faction (e.g., if I see someone fighting a mob next to a herb I just move on). The reason people think I'm ninjaing is that I have 0.5 sec cast on my herbing, so if I hit a node at the same time as another player I will have picked up the herb and left before they even load on my screen.

i'll do it to horde every day of the week. if it is alliance then it depends on the person or the guild tag as there is a pretty long list of guilds/characters on my server that i have no problems what-so-ever screwing over.

Well, at least the 10% mounted speed from guild perk doesn't apply to druids yet.

As a NE druid, I love being both a miner and herbalist. I don't have to pop out of bird form to get herbs. I can cyclone any mob that is on top of the node, loot the node, then shadowmeld and flightform away. I don't ninja from other alliance though, that is in bad form. Horde I ninja from all the time. I especially loved doing this in Wintergrasp. I would see an enemy going towards some titanium and I would come down, cyclone them, grab the node, and take off. Fun times!

OMG i always forget about cyclone!i can't wait to do that to a horde miner

Quote Originally Posted by lohengrin View Post
    OMG i always forget about cyclone!i can't wait to do that to a horde miner
    Your horde druid will actually have to run away or kill the mob you cycloned though. Only night elf has shadowmeld to hide and leave combat, and you can go directly into flight form from shadowmeld. Flight form is the only reason I have not dropped a gathering on my druid for a more beneficial profession, and shadowmeld while gathering is the only reason I have not considered the change to Worgen.

Deleted
    Not only do I steal nodes but if someone is already mining one I typhoon+cyclone him.That makes my day.