Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I agree, tauren druids and herbalism especially. I was gathering Whiptail in Uldum, there's one particular spot where there are 5 neserfet mobs, so I kill all the mobs, and as I down the last one, a tauren druid flies in and herbs my Whiptail in 0.5 seconds, flies off and clears out the whole river in less than 3 minutes.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am always amazed when I am clearly trying to get a node, then I get attacked by a mob and someone will come ninja the node while I fight. I realize we are not all decent human beings but still, some people are just stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I hate it when a stupid druid pops up when Im landing on a vein, and takes it before I can mine it. What I hate even more is when said druid is alliance, thus cyclones me, mines the node, roots me then scampers off in travelform and takes flight 5 seconds later.

On the other hand, if I can get a node before someone else, I do. So Im not much better than most people. I do not descend to taking nodes which some poor old chap is fighting a monster to mine, though. That is the very pinnacle of douchebaggery.
    Signature removed. Please read our guidelines. Venara

Quote Originally Posted by Ultion View Post
    If there is a class mechanic that can be abused for an advantage it will be *cough* bubble-hearth *cough*

One of the greatest days of my life was defending Stormwind, and hitting a bubble-hearthing Blood Elf Paladin with Shattering Throw before He could finish his hearth.
    The corresponding rape was so fun to watch xD

On a related note: Its not just Druids...most everyone will steal one. Though I saw that pleasure for Horde farmers.

[18:23:11] [Nifredil] confesses: I once punched a gnome. No reason. I was just having a bad day.

i typically dont ninja as my druid herber but have in the past when someone flies in while i clear the trash around a node - i followed him around and swooped in to ninja each herb he tried to get. druids only get one advantage in gathering - mining still needs to happen in regular form.

Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    The answer must be: Because they can. Harvesting in Flight form is already an unfair advantage, why exploit your fellow players? If you see a player landing on a Node, try not to swoop in and steal them. You guys are getting a Bad name.
    Whoever gets to the node first gets it. Nobody can ninja it and knock you off of the node unless you are flagged and if you are all is fair game. While its a little dirty to take a node you see somebody fighting mobs next to so they can grab it even that is not ninjaing it.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    We can do it with leather as well, and as Worgen, it's fast.

And it's so good.

Unfortunately, it's a class perk, and an advantage to picking druid. Just rest safe knowing that all classes have their benefits, this just happens to be one that's slightly out of context as a class perk in that it's not combat or mechanic based, it's just awesome for gathering!
    Digital Rumination
    Plays: Sylvanas EU - Fierae (Druid) | HotS | EVE | PUBG
    Played: Rift | Guild Wars 2 | SW:TOR | BF4 | Smite | LoL | Skyrim
    Ryzen 1920X - 32GB - 980Ti SLI - PCIE NVMe 1GB SSD - Enthoo Primo - Full WC - 4K

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Whoever gets to the node first gets it. Nobody can ninja it and knock you off of the node unless you are flagged and if you are all is fair game. While its a little dirty to take a node you see somebody fighting mobs next to so they can grab it even that is not ninjaing it.
    Sorry, but you are wrong. If someone else is clearing the mobs away from the node so that it can be used and you swoop in and grab the node instead, then that is indeed a ninja. It is pretty much the definition of ninja in the context of wow, taking something for yourself that others have earned.

The answer to this thread is because "They can".

If I see an opposing faction person clearing I will ninja them, but I never take a node from another in my own faction and at times stop to help them kill to get the node.

Im a druid and I dont poop.

Also I ninja the crap outta nodes. WTF are druids good for other being node ninjas?

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Just yesterday I changed my druid to mining so that I could farm nodes.

I was on my Priest and I saw Whiptail I went for it, I landed a couple seconds after a Blood Elf and whilt he blood elf feared a near by mob I tooked it.

So meh.

I don't consider being able to farm in flight form as an advantage. I consider it a perk of the class. Pallies can bubble out of anything, shammies can come back to life after their dead, druids can farm in flight form. Every class has their own perk.

You think it's bad now? Back in BC we got nerfed to being forced "to the ground" when gathering. Which basically means, we have to be stationed on the ground to gather - before we could be at max range, flying above the item and gather.

Obviously this means Blizzard acknowledged Druids OP ability to gather and made it "less" of a perk. It was fun while it lasted, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I know, it's just druids on my server swooping in and stealing my herbs. I've not experienced it from any other class.
    I could be clearing my way through several mobs, to get to aforementioned herb; when a bird'll fly in, ninja the herb, and sod off without even revealing their humanoid form or even touching the ground. I've even had a few fly in a circle around me a few times, smug tossers. :/

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

10+ Year Old Account
    I do it on any toon, my druid simply exists for that sole purpose. If I see someone fighting beside a node, or standing atop it I swoop on down, and claim it. You don't "own" that node you're protecting, so I like to think you're protecting it for me.

Thank you for your kindness.

Quote Originally Posted by Noahsmith37 View Post
    I am always amazed when I am clearly trying to get a node, then I get attacked by a mob and someone will come ninja the node while I fight. I realize we are not all decent human beings but still, some people are just stupid.
    They are now richer and you are not. They came out of the circumstance much better than you did. I fail to see how that makes them, in your own words, "stupid."
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/1710171424
    ^Crap like this is why battle.net threads get locked. Blizzard is not on a crusade against you.

I dont think nelfs should be able to shadowmeld then flightform away, now that is overpowered
    Hi Sephurik

Well in the spirit of things.. I have a tauren druid that is Eng/Mining right now.

I've considered dropping mining for Herbing.. but I haven't done it yet. What do you guys think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Uricidea View Post
    The answer must be: Because they can.
    Enough said on the topic.

Me having 2 herbing druid alts, I can safely say that I have taken your ideas into consideration.. and unfortunately I will not be making any changes to my farming plans.

Other classes still 'ninja' nodes regardless. The amount of times I have seen a warrior/paladin come and mine from me when I pulled aggro half way through getting mine ore has been annoying, but oh well.