Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

resto druid mastery

Hello im just wonder as resto druid if i shall obtain alot of mastery?

Thx and haven a nice day....(and sry for my bad english)!!!

Deleted
    No. You shouldn't.

Deleted
    No. Mastery is the worst stat for resto until heavily geared or you're a dedicated tank healer (which would be a waste of a druid) and even then its still beaten by other stats.

Check the resto sticky in the druid forum and look at what haste is needed for your hots to tick more. Haste and crit will benefit you more at lower gear levels. It is worth reforging to haste.

I would say mastery > crit, don't aim for it but it's not a bad stat, your always going to have LB on the tank so using rejuv on the tank gets the benefit, WG is a smart heal and heals the lowest member's - WG then rejuv = mastery benefit. Swiftmend and therefore efflorescence also benefits from it. At the end of wotlk mastery was by far our worst stat, but with the new healing style it really isn't that bad.

Yes sadly our mastery sucks big time. Since we don't really have a lot of hots to stack anymore depending on your heal style it is easily possible to heal almost without profiting from mastery at all. I would go haste>crit>mastery with haste having some interesting breakpoints (see sticky).

10+ Year Old Account
    Read the stickies.

If 30% or more of your spells are effected by mastery, mastery>crit. If not, crit>mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    okj thx all have another question which gems shall i take on my armor and my shoulder!

( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illacat/simple )

Quote Originally Posted by Zrubban View Post
    okj thx all have another question which gems shall i take on my armor and my shoulder!

( http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...illacat/simple )
    depends on how you are doing with mana. if you are getting through the fights with little mana problems then you dont have to gem for as much regen.

this is my gemming strategy:
    red - intellect
    yellow - int/haste
    blue - int/spi

if you are in dire need of mana regen then use int/spi in your red sockets as well. though that is just a bandaid fix to lack of gear and/or bad mana efficiency on your part.

spec-wise i strongly suggest that you pick up nature's cure if you aren't coordinating your decursing duties with your other healers. tons of magic damage getting thrown around that is cleansable and without the talent you wont be able to do anything about it. Id pull one point out of GoTM to achieve this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cerelli View Post
    spec-wise i strongly suggest that you pick up nature's cure if you aren't coordinating your decursing duties with your other healers. tons of magic damage getting thrown around that is cleansable and without the talent you wont be able to do anything about it. Id pull one point out of GoTM to achieve this.
    I really don't think somoene who hasn't done a single heroic is getting into raids any time soon. Either way, your point stands, there are plenty of fights in heroics where Nature's Cure is useful, or even mandatory (Vortex Pinnacle). I think GotEM is too good of a talent for 5-mans to skip, though. If anything, I think that point should come out of Swift Rejuvenation.

Deleted
    You can read the Ensidia guide on the matter, I prefer it to the one in the stickies here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shpongled View Post
    You can read the Ensidia guide on the matter, I prefer it to the one in the stickies here.
    I find all of EJs guides to be far superior to Ensidias, which is where all the information is from. Besides the fact it has 1/4 the info and it's all the exact same thing.

Just for clarification though, Spirit>Haste before any arrangement of Crit/Mastery right?

10+ Year Old Account
    Most people agree haste to cap 1st. Spi totally depends on what regen you need. Int will always give more regen than spi point to point when you take in everything, but, you can't choose int>spi.

So, if you are having mana problems, specd fully into mana giving talents, and still are having trouble, you will want to start taking spi gear which would be haste to cap > spi what's needed > crit/mastery/haste

If you aren't having mana problems, I wouldn't fully ignore spi, but other secondary stats will be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Thx all for the help!!

Deleted
    resto druid mastery sux.

Resto druid mastery needs a buff or something or to be changed

The only reason I say crit before mastery is that more crits from nourish, regrowth, healing touch and swiftmend = more living seeds. Living seeds are very underrated imo, and are doing more than mastery for me with my style of healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vepres View Post
    The only reason I say crit before mastery is that more crits from nourish, regrowth, healing touch and swiftmend = more living seeds. Living seeds are very underrated imo, and are doing more than mastery for me with my style of healing.
    According to speadsheets mastery>crit if 30% or ore of your spells are effected by it. LS are good, but mastery will still outdo them depending on if you are using mastery correctly or not.

I have much respect for you Myrrar, but I have to disagree with your replies here. Even though you don't directly imply it, but the game isn't about "memorizing", or playing by the book. Some people favor different play-styles, stats, items and so on. I'm sure you're providing us with theoretical facts, but theory does not necessarily indicate its practicality. I wish for posts such as this to never exist, and that players will choose the stats that suit their personal play-style, but since most prefer the easy way to walk through games (and life), we will forever be in need for spoon-feeders.
    Again, hats off to you Myrrar o /