Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

hybrids, how often have you saved the day?

as it says. on my shaman, i have saved a number of normals from wiping by dropping earth elemental totem when the tank went down as elemental, by CC-ing a loose mob, or even by healing for a short while when the healer went down. this was in level 85 normals.

on my druid, i have stopped countless wipes by switching to bear form when the tank died (all pre 60 instances). i have also sometimes managed to heal and tank at the same time, by loading up HoT's, switching to bear, tanking until the hots wore off, rehot myself, load hots up again. a wailing caverns misspull comes to mind.

on my shadowpriest, i often heal a group once the healer leaves unexpectedly.

anyone else who wants to share his experiences?

The healer dies with 10% of the boss to go, the other dps die from lack of heals, i pop bubble then LoH the tank and we cruise to an awesome finish.

Doing that always makes me smile

You know, for a kitten that shits rainbows, you seem to like to stay inside the box.

Tranquility usually saves a wipe at least once in every heroic I have done.

When tank dies i go blood and pick up all adds but i state this before i start any herioc so i dont think its much of a surprise
    On my druid wen 2 heals went down back in wotlk id go heal ... the fight ended up being the boss at 1% me and a hunter we somehow managed to get the shots in to kill him

High Overlord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Had a sentry agrro in stone core and a feral hopped in bear and picked up the pack, I was going back and forth grabbing what i could. Was a pretty epic fight if you saw it lol. Fire and imps everywhere!!!!

I love busting out the MW5 heals to help out the healer a bit when the tank gets low, if you are a hybrid, particularly ret paladin these days, it's almost expected that you are gonna be popping out some heals at some junction.

Im making a druid thanks to this topic.

Hope I dont suck.

OT: I have seen countless times were pallys heal and tank. Also when tank dropped I instant spawned a void walker to tank, healers are smart so they knew to heal the walker. Does that count?

Yeah, love that about hybrids. It's one reason I prefer balance vs feral, elemental vs enhancement so my caster gear synergizes with pinch healing. My first toon was a druid so I got used to healing early and it feels wierd to play a mage, for example, who can't heal!

Deleted
    As a shadow priest I've said multiple wipes. Wipes because healer is oom, wipes because healer died, wipes because tank died (lol @ dispersion tanking and juggling threat between me and shadowfiend).

EDIT: Although ironicly I got told today that if I throw off heals I'm not doing my job (dealing damage) so I should be kicked from the group.

Leap of Faith has been useful on about half the fights so far even as Shadow, and Divine Hymn always helps out on heavy AoE situations. And if the healer goes down, I take over.
    I shall die here. Every inch of me shall perish. Every inch, but one. An inch. It is small and it is fragile and it is the only thing in the world worth having. We must never lose it or give it away. We must never let them take it from us.

Deleted
    Both Hymns are great tools in case of the healer ooming or getting behind in healing. SPriest can also easily throw a few flash heals with quite a bit of power, Life Grip has its' uses... Being a hybrid feels good. :3

In my five years of playing, my status as a hybrid has saved me from countless wipes, especially since Elementals Off-healing is pretty darn good, or it was before it oomed us in about 5 sec.

Actually, the Shaman toolkit offers so many ways to save a group, example, yesterday in TotT HC, Druid Tank, Druid healer. The healer dies from AoE with the boss at 50% HP, PoP Earth Elemental and give the tank time to Rebirth the healer. Healer dies again with the boss at 15%, use whatever mana I have left to try and keep everyone alive, and we downed it with 3 people left.

This is the only example I can currently think of, but I know I've averted countless 10%-15% wipes with my off-healing.

PUGs are Blizzards version of reality TV, put five random people together in an enclosed environment, and watch as the drama unfolds

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strakha View Post
    I love busting out the MW5 heals to help out the healer a bit when the tank gets low, if you are a hybrid, particularly ret paladin these days, it's almost expected that you are gonna be popping out some heals at some junction.
    Wait WHAT heal retri your serious how you do that stack int gems ? 1 flashheal and your oom and it was a 10k heal beter do some more dps your helping moar this way.

It would be impossible for me to count the number of times I have said my heroics these past 3 days. I play a druid and every group I get in is like oh great no cc. Somehow people forget how much a druid can do I use all my spells cycloning targets off healers, instant roots, brez tank to full life, heal when healer goes down. Even bear bashing a target sometimes. The most epic one I had recently was in Beauty in BRC(I believe thats the instance) the healer goes down at around 25% along with the others who can cc. It was me, a warrior dps and a paladin tank alive. I was hibernating, instant rooting, and healing just to kill the boss.

I use tranquility frequently while raiding to help the healers from consuming too much mana
    "Keelah Se'lai"
    "Tali'Zorah: Just so you know I'm running a fever, I've got a nasty cough, and my sinuses are filled with something I can't even describe. But it was totally worth it! "

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I play a boomkin and I'm always ready with brez, tranq, hots, bear form, and innervate. I'll do anything not to die!
    Quote from: Thallidomaniac on March 28, 2010, 05:56:24 am
    Our characters are wearing the same pair of underwear, since like, Level 1. Damn that's unsanitary as hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm levelling a feral druid atm (cat (as they seem to be ridiculously easy (Inb4 cat druid QQ))) and in 2/3 of the dungeons I do, that instant nature-spell cast proc is a lifesaver. As it seems to pop up every time I use a finishing move; if the healer dies, I can pop tiger's fury, get up some combo points, stick on a combo move, and healing touch the tank instantly.

I once healed Gruul's lair as enhancement back at 70. (back then I seem to remember every shaman spec being ridiculous at heals, though)

Shinydemon(85) Kuricos(85) Akros(85) Seraphus(81) Ritsura(85) Anathama(85) Arelia(85) Aaurala(66) Solanáa(49) Myasma(60)

Playing enchance and dropping free healing rains helps a ton. I can cast 5 or so surges before I run out of mana, then Rage out and recoup the mana while using mw5s for spot heals. That and smart CC has saved runs from wipes a dozen times since Cata started. I'd like to say rockbiter and a shield helped too, but it really hasn't. I do need to be faster with the earth elemental. Good dps make all the difference in dungeons now. Especially melee. As far as the right actions can take you, the wrong ones swing at least as far in the other direction. Weeeee!

lol feral hybrids the best
    soo many times the tank gets instant gibbed or doesnt get enough heals
    i go bear Survival instinct and healer cooldown rotation saved heroic sindy fights, and various others
    pretty kool
    hybrids ftw !!

Quote Originally Posted by jarmale View Post
    Wait WHAT heal retri your serious how you do that stack int gems ? 1 flashheal and your oom and it was a 10k heal beter do some more dps your helping moar this way.
    haha I dunno much about ret, just that people in my guild always tell our ret paladin that he should drop heals, don't they have an instant proc that gives them free heal cast like enh?