Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Debating on a tank

Im stuck debating if i should go warrior or pally tank, I have both at 85 and guild would like me to tank on either, however since ive been dps since wrath im a little unsure with all the new changes which tank would be the best for me to get back into tanking since i havnt since bc.
    Any help on the pro's and cons of both would be most welcome
    thanks in advance

From a Healing perspective, I have found Paladin Tanks easier to heal vs Warrior Tanks.

Overall Paladin tanks are a bit easier to manage threat with, where as warrior tanks require a little more skill.

Deleted
    Learn on the pally, show off on the warrior! The key is getting any tanking experience at all, not the tank spec.

Also, this is not because pally's are somehow intrinsically easier. But they have access to a lot of reliable self-healing and cooldowns which mean they can effectively tank without a healer (at least in normals) significantly longer than the other specs. Also, they have utilities that can save individuals and the group from wipes.

Finally, warriors are still the most *reactive* tank spec by quite a margin and have a HUGE toolbox to deal with every possible situation. Even long time warrior tanks sometimes forget just how many tools they have in the middle of a fight. This is one of the reasons why its simultaneously so fun and more tricky to master a warrior. Though once you do, oh boy, you'll find other tank specs extremely tedious

Personally, since I've only ever been a healer or tank, I'd loath to go back seriously on anything other than a warrior.
    Last edited by mmoc83df313720; 2010-12-21 at 12:32 AM.

I'd say go with whatever you think is more fun. I have both and I enjoy both of them as tanks. I tend to favor the paladin more just because I love the class.

"My memory... since when? If everything is a dream, don't wake me." -Cloud Strife, Final Fantasy VII

Too many noob paladins out there for me to consider them. I've always had great synergy with Warrior tanks, if they're intelligent which most of the ones I've come across have been. They were always my favorite tank, they can really buckle down with the CD's when I need em too. Good DK tanks are also great, druid tanks are meh, but paladins, just not enough good paladins out there.
    WTB talented signature creators!

10+ Year Old Account
    Want a tone of CD's, and generally the top contender for TPS and survivability?

Paladin.