Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Rogues vs Warriors

Ok rogues, first, this is not a QQ thread.

In Arena, I'm finding it difficult to out DPS a warrior. I'm Sub and the old start of bleed/kite does not work as effectively as it used to.

So what is your best strat to one on one an Arms warrior.

Deleted
    change to assa, or L2P, in both spec i beat them easily

10+ Year Old Account
    Sap, premeditate sprint, garrote then rupture, preperation sprint vanish
    What i use, works most of the time, when they bleed for a bit premiditate again then Ambush/Cheap shot, _> Kidney shot and try to burst them down

So, YOU'RE the guy that can't spell Rogue, I wondered who you were,, Is'nt rouge a re

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderTech View Post
    Ok rogues, first, this is not a QQ thread.

In Arena, I'm finding it difficult to out DPS a warrior. I'm Sub and the old start of bleed/kite does not work as effectively as it used to.

So what is your best strat to one on one an Arms warrior.
    So, YOU'RE the guy that can't spell Rogue, I wondered who you were,, Is'nt rouge a red?

Spec assassin. get recup up and disarm him, then you pop combat readiness and tank him and ask him how it feels to get owned.

10+ Year Old Account
    As sub in pvp, just premed, recup, then bleed that bitch like he used to do to you back in the day. Garrot, hemo, rupture, stun, backstab blitz.
    "In your histories, there are continual justifications for all manner of hellish actions. Claims of nobility and heritage and honor to cover up every bit of genocide, assassination, and massacre. At least the Horde is honest in their naked lust for power."

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcle/nevantus/

^ ^ v v < > < > B A select start

Well, even though most of you say assassination, there has to be away to Owen them in Sub..Assassination is fine but my team requires the additional utility Sub has.

The bleed strat used to be super effective. I have attempted to use both bleeds at the height of find weakness and kite them within that 6 yard window.

Thanks for your input minus the troll who said something about miss spelling Rogue. Fool.

Honestly Sub is useless in PvP right now and will continue to be until they do something about the damage. Muti spec is not really that much better but it is honestly the only way for a Rogue to be anywhere near decent in PvP at the moment.

As for what to use, I always have had luck going Premed > Ambush > Evis > Gouge and waiting to see if they trinket/BR the Gouge while trying for a restealth, if they get to me before that I just Vanish > Premed > Garrote > KS > Dance > Ambush spam. Save Dismantle for when they are not stunned, and save Combat Readiness for when Dismantle wears off. Pop Recup as early as possible if you are taking damage with any excess CPs. And make sure to drop your Smoke Bomb on them to lockout their heals if you cannot get them out of LoS once their health gets low enough for you to go for the kill.

I also use the glyph for CoS that reduces incoming physical damage by 40% which is really helpful for Warriors if you do not have to worry about DoTs. Also, never use Evasion when fighting a Warrior, I learned that the hard way.

Quote Originally Posted by iamftwlol View Post
    . Also, never use Evasion when fighting a Warrior, I learned that the hard way.
    Wrong. Evasion migrates alot of a warirors output, excluding overpower which is just a small part of warriros burst potential.

Quote Originally Posted by iamftwlol View Post
    Honestly Sub is useless in PvP right now
    Yep. Listen to this guy.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You're sub.

Don't bank on killing any warriors worth a shit by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skwoddy View Post
    So, YOU'RE the guy that can't spell Rogue, I wondered who you were,, Is'nt rouge a red?
    yeh in french

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Dictonary, get one!
    Irony at its best ^^^

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    actually Overpower is a good part of DMG it is a 60% crit if specced and i sometimes nail rogues for 24k if they are unlucky, but otherwise it has a low CD and only costs 5 rage to do
    there is a German word that i feel should be brought to english.
    Backpfeifengesicht: a face in desperate need of a fist

if it weren't so long i would use it all the time

Assassination dmg is crazy awesome; if you aren't hitting like a freight train as assassination then you are doing it wrong.

As for sub: only play sub if you play with other classes/specs that rely on setting up the opponent for burst opportunities. Sub's sustained dmg outside of dance is far below average but the burst sub gives you is great - probably the highest burst dmg of any class in an 8 second window, and you can do it once every min. Think about paring yourself with a mage, destro/demo lock, etc. if you enjoy that spec. Otherwise I feel assassination is superior in almost any comp.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 12:38 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by electrikfuzz View Post
    Yep. Listen to this guy.
    tell that to all the 3000+ rogues currently using both sub. and ass. spec

Quote Originally Posted by Anoxil View Post
    tell that to all the 3000+ rogues currently using both sub. and ass. spec
    I might have been using sarcasm there.

15+ Year Old Account
    For sub to rock again, we just need some haste to get our regen back(which will come later into the game) and we also need some of that crit back again. It will all come with gear. I still find sub pretty good, but I bind my keys though, hehe. Don't forget sub has preparation, which glyphed resets the cooldown of smoke bomb, 2x smoke bombs is pretty awesome. Also don't forget sub probably still has more dmg during shadowdance, coupled with those smoke bombs, can be pretty fucking deadly.

Quote Originally Posted by skwoddy View Post
    So you're the guy who can't punctuate correctly. The apostrophe is placed after the "N" in isn't, not before.

Lol, sorry mate, I just had to do it. =)

OP: Sub isn't extremely powerful in PVP at the moment, but I'd recommend something along the lines of Anoxil was saying.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    From our guidelines (hint, click and read the FAQ up top if you haven't...):
    As English is not everyone's native language, we ask you to not correct other people's posts unless you are asked to. Do not quote dictionary entries for the sake of arguing. Don't be the grammar police.
    Knock of the grammar police business.

Sarcasm on forums on teh internetzz; please don't.

Assassination is much stronger in arena. I 1v1 a sub rogue in 3s the other day and he couldn't dent me as assassination.