Deleted

Rogue what a sorry place to be

Is it me or am i the only rogue out there who is feeling nerfed to the ground............ 1v1 getting hammered off every class i know its not based around 1v1 but id like i could hold my own against other than just getting facerolled.......

i think the nerf stick should be thrown at

warriors......... massive damage and mobilty now also getting stunlocked off a warrior wtf
    mages ....... enough said on that topic another snare and bloodlust ??????
    hunters....... massive counter to rogue at the moment add in to the 12 second hunters mark thing and yeah cant even reset the fight without blowing cloak....
    add into that every other strong classs out there feral SP ele shaman ect....... and yeah rogues are knackered.

rogues are too dependant on CDs and that isnt a sound basis to build at class

plus add into how many classes can break out stealth on a GCD is just a joke stealth is what makes a rogue a rogue and to have it so easily broken leaves me feeling cold naked and alone

this isnt a l2P issue im no glad but im no nab either
    this is all gained from BGs not arena
    Last edited by mmocf6b2cbd9f2; 2010-12-21 at 12:46 AM. Reason: typo

10+ Year Old Account
    Tomorrow I make some rules. Number 1 will be, "No QQ threads." This is already covered under the general forum guidelines, but it needs to be restated here I guess.

Secondly- I can't count the number of times I've been 1v1 in BGs because I have yet to have it happen except in AV. Rogues have a high skill cap for normal performance. Unless you're bursting someone with SS->SD->Ambush Spam, that's your reality. Rogues are one of the few classes I've seen where they can dismantle 3 people with proper cooldown timing. But that's a good rogue.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Yep..i feel nerfed, getting killed by every class i fight..

Wait until you get some decent PvP gear, and the game isn't balanced around 1v1... if you have the ability to lock a person (Or multiple people) down and have another person nuke the hell out of them without having to think, then you've done your job, but you can do it alone if you're tactical enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanton Biston View Post
    Tomorrow I make some rules. Number 1 will be, "No QQ threads." This is already covered under the general forum guidelines, but it needs to be restated here I guess.

Secondly- I can't count the number of times I've been 1v1 in BGs because I have yet to have it happen except in AV. Rogues have a high skill cap for normal performance. Unless you're bursting someone with SS->SD->Ambush Spam, that's your reality. Rogues are one of the few classes I've seen where they can dismantle 3 people with proper cooldown timing. But that's a good rogue.
    I dont want to be rude or anything but OP is clearly a troll who is seeking to start flame war between "Rogue is OP" and "Rogue is not OP" argument

He has 1 post , no avatar , no signature he prob got banned from official forums so he came here to troll
    Quote Originally Posted by Daralii View Post
    An orc named after Jesus firing a kamehameha at a tentacle dragon and making it explode into fairy dust before a group of dragons don't lament the loss of their once-friend or the now inevitable extinction of their species due to their newfound sterility and mortality but instead congratulate him on knocking up his wife was pretty fucking insane even by this series' standards.

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    I dont want to be rude or anything but OP is clearly a troll who is seeking to start flame war between "Rogue is OP" and "Rogue is not OP" argument

He has 1 post , no avatar , no signature he prob got banned from official forums so he came here to troll
    He also said Ele shamans are a strong class... so i may take your word for this.

Rogues fine. They just aren't #1 pew pew easy mode anymore.
    1. Search feature never works for me 2. No, there isn't a thread answering exactly what I'm asking for

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post

You're not wrong, but the guidelines for QQ threads are a bit gray. Yes, I deduced the same thing, but without solid rules to back up a decision, I have to let threads live and die on their own.

I'm still on the fence on where that line between pointless/trolling QQ is and useful discussion about how to use or counter a specific class in the pvp environment.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callace View Post
    Considering you just linked a graph with no data plotted on it as factual evidence, I think Stanton can infer whatever the hell he wants.
    Extraordinary Claims Require Extraordinary Evidence - Sometimes I abbreviate this ECREE

Quote Originally Posted by ciron View Post
    hunters....... massive counter to rogue at the moment add in to the 12 second hunters mark thing and yeah cant even reset the fight without blowing cloak....

this is all gained from BGs not arena
    You mean you have to pop CDs? WOAH MAN

Not really having this problem. At least, I'm not getting mauled down by every class.

When Cata hit, I gave up on Sub PvP for the time being. Yes, I hear your, Sub PvP faithful. It's just not for me right now. I'm tired of losing effectiveness in sustained, larger battles, at least for now.

I'm double specced Mutilate right now, one for PvE and one for PvP. I'm 3/3 in Deadened Nerves with Improved Recuperate, as well. I haven't come across a fight yet where I can't keep Recuperate up 100 percent, and it's ticking for 5kish. Combined with my cool downs, I can do 1v1 much better. I can keep myself alive to outlast most casters' and healers' mana, with frost mages being the exception (dead almost immediately no matter what, expected given the loss of mobility from Shadowstep). For melee classes, it's a bit more difficult, but If I use my cooldowns effectively, I slowly whittle them down, ferals being the exception.

It's not for everyone. It's definitely not going to be as effective for the highest skill rogues out there, but it's working for me and the group I roll with. I honestly feel like I exchanged mobility for better damage output and survivability, not to mention more CPs. Am I essentially a gimped, lightly armored fury warrior? Yes, but it's working so far. I expect a coming recuperate nerf to ruin it, but I'm enjoying myself in PvP for the first time in a long time.

But what is Mmo-champion without QQ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlueRising View Post
    Rogues fine. They just aren't #1 pew pew easy mode anymore.
    weakest melee =/= being fine imo

do what i did /delete your rogue my main after being my rogue for 3yrs i am disappointed with them so i put him away and play my dk or mage or w.e i just don't know what to say. Also it is funny how everyone thinks that when someone makes a post about their class they are "trolling" or "QQ" never knew you couldn't say something about your class if there really is something wrong with them...just saying

Quote Originally Posted by Jeer View Post
    weakest melee =/= being fine imo
    There must always be an underdog in WoW.

Tbh, I'm actually loving this expansion in terms of S9 for rogues, RLS works like a charm as muti rogue with afflic lock =)

In terms of 1v1, I cant remember being able to consistantly 1v1 all healers, hunters, warriors etc. only class I cannot seem to beat if played correctly is warlock and frost mage.

We are STRONGER than before, just dont go sub, it hits like a wet noodle outside of dance or on plate ^^
    Kolopotho: I will find it incredibly shocking and rare if some guy walks up to a girl in a pub and says "i play a level 80 druid in world of warcraft" to which she will respond with "TAKE ME NOW".

Quote Originally Posted by ciron View Post
    yeah cant even reset the fight without blowing cloak....
    Rogues and Paladins are the biggest spoiled crybabies ever. You're crying over the fact that you don't have enough options to have a "do-over" when you get pummeled from not setting yourself up correctly or just being outmatched by a counter class. I mean do-overs are for 4 year olds playing rock, scissors, paper. The very fact that you even have 1 option to do-over a fight is something you should be thanking your lucky stars for.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankrupted View Post
    Tbh, I'm actually loving this expansion in terms of S9 for rogues, RLS works like a charm as muti rogue with afflic lock =)

In terms of 1v1, I cant remember being able to consistantly 1v1 all healers, hunters, warriors etc. only class I cannot seem to beat if played correctly is warlock and frost mage.

We are STRONGER than before, just dont go sub, it hits like a wet noodle outside of dance or on plate ^^
    We are always good against low resi targets. Always been, always will be, none is suffiecently geared yet, at best you are looking at people in full honor gear.
    I'm not saying we are fucked, but we are certainly no stronger then before.

I think people should wait with their verdict until people are in full conquest gear t1/t2, thats when class imbalances/balance will be properly shown.

---------- Post added 2010-12-21 at 05:50 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CJack14dt View Post
    Rogues and Paladins are the biggest spoiled crybabies ever. You're crying over the fact that you don't have enough options to have a "do-over" when you get pummeled from not setting yourself up correctly or just being outmatched by a counter class. I mean do-overs are for 4 year olds playing rock, scissors, paper. The very fact that you even have 1 option to do-over a fight is something you should be thanking your lucky stars for.
    And you got no idea what you are talking about.

I just can't believe other Rogues are feeling nerfed.

I feel awesome and the only thing I have a problem with is a Frost Mage.

Yet, I still seem to beat them 50% of the time.

I'm annoyed that they can still stealth type things with Faerie Fire on them. It's actually my #1 annoyance with WoW.