Cataclysm BIS List

Hi there guys

im collecting a BIS for my guilds Loot council, so i made this profile, can any of you guys see any ways to improve it?

i realise im 0.03% below hit cap, but using another hit gem, Reforge another/different item seemed like a bit too much of a loss of agility, and i couldn't seem to get it any closer to 8%.
    Fixed, 8.01% hit rating now.

also im not quite sure which of the 5 set pieces we dont want use, or if we want to use all 5.
    Fixed i guess, using pants now anyways(1 extra gem slot = win)

but please feel free to discuss anything related to the BIS list here. Suggestions very appreciated.

http://chardev.org/?profile=3156
    Last edited by warptwist; 2010-12-21 at 02:19 AM.
    True wisdom is to look beyond your own opinion.

Theres no list at all or anything with gear in it for that matter

There is now, was still configuring the list and apparantly pressed Post before i was done.

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't seem like a BiS list, there is hardly any Mastery on that gear at all

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by warptwist View Post
    Hi there guys
    i realise im 0.03% below hit cap, but using another hit gem, Reforge another/different item seemed like a bit too much of a loss of agility, and i couldn't seem to get it any closer to 8%.

Due to the way Hit works, you're not actually 0.03% below cap, you're effectively 1% below cap, since Hit always rounds down to the nearest whole number. 7.999999999% hit is seen as 7%, so getting that last .03% will be a lot more valuable to you than whatever agility you might lose in the regem.

http://chardev.org/?profile=2215

is what i may be aiming for.

You can probably get some more dps out of it by reducing mastery .49 and making that haste, also redoing an enchant or two and doing another orange gem for the meta to work. I made it too quickly.
    Last edited by Kunzar; 2010-12-21 at 12:44 AM.

You should be reforging for hit has much has possible and trying to gem for all agi

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    Doesn't seem like a BiS list, there is hardly any Mastery on that gear at all
    That's because Survival hunters have better stats to aim for that mastery..

Quote Originally Posted by Hobbes View Post
    Due to the way Hit works, you're not actually 0.03% below cap, you're effectively 1% below cap, since Hit always rounds down to the nearest whole number. 7.999999999% hit is seen as 7%, so getting that last .03% will be a lot more valuable to you than whatever agility you might lose in the regem.
    Hm that's very interesting, where have you heard that? can you provide any evidence or more data behind this? never heard of that before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kunzar View Post
    http://chardev.org/?profile=2215

is what i may be aiming for.

Quote Originally Posted by georgevonfranken View Post
    You should be reforging for hit has much has possible and trying to gem for all agi
    Yea i should, i changed that, and stacked max possible Agility.
    You can probably get some more dps out of it by reducing mastery .49 and making that haste, also redoing an enchant or two and doing another orange gem for the meta to work. I made it too quickly.
    thanks for showing me those pants

Meta doesn't require Orange gems, and all the enchants seems to be the BIS.
    Last edited by warptwist; 2010-12-21 at 01:53 AM.

Deleted
    Hm that's very interesting, where have you heard that? can you provide any evidence or more data behind this? never heard of that before.
    Hmm on second thoughts this might only apply to the Pet, I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the case for all hit caps now, but it might have just been my brain making things up

Either way, it's always better to be overcapped than undercapped

That's because Survival hunters have better stats to aim for that mastery..

thanks for showing me those pants

Meta doesn't require Orange gems, and all the enchants seems to be the BIS.
    Oh I know, it needs one more yellow gem, so an orange would be better due to the agility.

Hmm on second thoughts this might only apply to the Pet, I'm sure I read somewhere that this is the case for all hit caps now, but it might have just been my brain making things up

Either way, it's always better to be overcapped than undercapped
    It's not true of pets, or players. Never has been.

It's also not always better to be overcapped than undercapped. If for instance you're 2 Hit rating under the cap with current scalings you'd only want to cap if you don't go more than ~10 over the cap. If you were 1 under you wouldn't want to cap unless you don't go more than ~5 over the cap.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5514.0 is a worthwhile read. I'll leave it at that.

Deleted
    Not true for players, might be true for pets and the expertise they gain from your hit rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukah View Post
    I think http://www.adeptguild.com/forum/index.php?topic=5514.0 is a worthwhile read. I'll leave it at that.
    That guys is.. wrong... its Agility>Crit>Haste>Mastery, and going for the crit/+3%critdmg meta is not worth it.

You're thinking of mastery. Hit rating certainly does not round down or up. It is what it is. If you have .5% chance to miss, your miss rate won't be higher than .5% after a reasonable number of shots.

Previous to 4.0 there was a bug where pet hit would always round down to the next whole %. So if you had 7.99% hit, your pet would only get 7% hit. At that point, being slightly over the cap was worth it because of this problem. That bug no longer exists so being slightly under the hit cap is no longer a big deal.

Mastery also doesn't round down, it's just a display issue that makes people think so.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeherah View Post
    Previous to 4.0 there was a bug where pet hit would always round down to the next whole %. So if you had 7.99% hit, your pet would only get 7% hit. At that point, being slightly over the cap was worth it because of this problem. That bug no longer exists so being slightly under the hit cap is no longer a big deal.

Mastery also doesn't round down, it's just a display issue that makes people think so.
    that's nice to get confirmed, i pretty much knew that 7.99% hit beeing 7% would be a bug or wrong, but getting confirmed that Mastery doesn't round down to the nearest full % is great knews indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by w00t692 View Post
    You're thinking of mastery. Hit rating certainly does not round down or up. It is what it is. If you have .5% chance to miss, your miss rate won't be higher than .5% after a reasonable number of shots.
    ...Mastery does not do it either. The tool-tip is imprecise, nothing more. It scales linearly with each point of rating.