Deleted

Improved Soul Fire - Demo

Ive read different guides saying different things and I would just like a conclusive, final, definitive answer: Should I keep Improved Soul Fire buff up 100% of the time as Demo via hard casting it, or is it not worth it?

Thanks in advance!

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    All 3 Specs maintain as close as possible to 100% Uptime on the ISF Buff by hardcasting if Soul Burn is on CD/Out of Shards, its a DPS loss not to.
    When I'm sad I stop being sad and be AWESOME instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Killainstnct View Post
    All 3 Specs maintain as close as possible to 100% Uptime on the ISF Buff by hardcasting if Soul Burn is on CD/Out of Shards, its a DPS loss not to.
    the question is, what do you define as hardcasting. letting your buff fall off is a DPS loss, you should always cast your next soulfire while the buff is below 2 Seconds, and never late. if you make a mistake, or have to switch in a bad timing, then you may use your soulburns.

In theory (on EJ) hardcasting Soulfire has lower priority then dots.

Deleted
    ISF is definatey looking like becoming the ruin style talent of cata, the must have talent. There will always be times when you cant start the cast before the old buff ends, with the destro talents lowering the cast times its not a huge loss. Jus remember to only refresh dots when ISF is up and you'll be laughing all the way to the recount bank. I tend to save the soulburn+isf for meta now I have DS, Immo aura and the orc racial to pop. But yeah, with the destro talents soulfire is only a slightly longer cast than shadow bolt so its really not a big issue consider how the haste benafits everything you do.

Deleted
    The priorities are a little vague because it can't be refreshed, but it should be kept up as much as possible, it's a horrible mechanic, and i pray it gets removed or changed, but that's the way it is.

yeah, i absolutely hate the mechanic. Soulfire was always a nice execute, and now with Cata and Soulburn a nice "COME GET SOME IN THE FACE" skill, but the need to cast it all the time makes it a little annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    You should start casting it just before the buff drops to ensure the cast itself benefits from the haste buff, so anywhere in the last 3 seconds depending on range to account for travel time. I save my SBs for if it needs refreshing while I'm moving or some other mechanic causes it to drop.

And yes, it's a lame talent.