10+ Year Old Account

Skinning 530????

So every skinnable boss I have found says I need a skinning lvl of 530 to skin it. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't max skinning 525?? Did I miss something? Please help this very confused druid, thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Veladah View Post
    So every skinnable boss I have found says I need a skinning lvl of 530 to skin it. Correct me if I am wrong but isn't max skinning 525?? Did I miss something? Please help this very confused druid, thanks
    Worgens are able to obtain 525 ( +15 ). reroll I suppose.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think there's a glove enchant that increases skinning or something.

If I recall, there is a racial, or maybe an item, that grants extra Skinning points, over and above the normal limit, but I could be wrong.

You missed being a worgen, having gatherer to gloves, skinning to gloves, finkle's skinner, or any number of +5 skinning boosts.

I am Shaman - Play Free Online Games
    FML... Shamans suck.

Deleted
    Get gather-enchant on a pair of gloves mate

Deleted
    Ask a kind enchanter to put Gather on a pair of old gloves, and this will give +5 to mining, skinning and herbalism.

10+ Year Old Account
    Ahh thanks so much

10+ Year Old Account
    Zulian Slicer (1h Sword) and Finkle's Skinner (Dagger) both give +10 Skinning when equipped, however the Slicer is no longer obtainable.

If you can use daggers, it's a good idea to carry around Finkle's Skinner with you.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think there is some races with a bonus to skinning.

Well even with all these things pointing to how to get to 530, it kind of doesn't make sense for the bosses to have higher than the normal max required. Every old boss that you could skin, mine, take apart with engineering, etc. always required the normal skill max, so why would they now make it higher? Off topic a bit probably but I also noticed that XT and Flame Leviathan require a much higher engineering to take them apart now, is there an increase to engineering other than being a gnome?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Grenth View Post
    Well even with all these things pointing to how to get to 530, it kind of doesn't make sense for the bosses to have higher than the normal max required. Every old boss that you could skin, mine, take apart with engineering, etc. always required the normal skill max, so why would they now make it higher? Off topic a bit probably but I also noticed that XT and Flame Leviathan require a much higher engineering to take them apart now, is there an increase to engineering other than being a gnome?
    The bolded line is false. I'm going to point specifically at The Beast right now, which required either of the two weapons linked above to be equipped in order to skin him.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I suggest Finkle's skinner, just equip it when you wanna skin a boss (dagger with +5 skinning). Seems kinda silly, obviously they were meant to be skinned, but yeah that's your best option.

I have skinning maxed out and +5 enchant on my gloves. It doesn't help. The max level is still 525/525 and doesn't go up to 530. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by Luminar View Post
    Zulian Slicer (1h Sword) and Finkle's Skinner (Dagger) both give +10 Skinning when equipped, however the Slicer is no longer obtainable.

If you can use daggers, it's a good idea to carry around Finkle's Skinner with you.
    Zulian Slasher. ZG. Same bonus, new sword.

Please note the date of threads before posting.

Closing.